PDA

View Full Version : Job at GAME (Help pls)

Oleh
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Wanting a job at GAME, first job, how would I go about acquiring one, someone on here a while ago had an interview there, need to know!

Wanted a job there for a while, being a gamer and getting discounts = WINNING

Do I just waltz in and surprise attack them with a "Any jobs?" or is there more to it?

Any help will be repped for all you Repmongers :D

today
12-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Go in with your CV and covering letter.

That's all you need to do. And hope you are worthy.

Empired
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
My brother got a job there when he was eighteen. I remember him coming home late from wherever he told us he was going and just saying "oh I got a job at GAME".

Apparently he trotted in there with his CV and they gave him a 20 minute interview there and then. He walked out with a job starting the next Monday. This was coming up to four years ago so I'm not sure if it's changed (or perhaps the store here is particularly relaxed :S).

Good luck, whatever happens (A)

AlexJRiley
12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I did work experience there, its a really good company to work for. I got told by their manager if I dropped in a CV he'd mark it for hiring as soon as I turned 16 but he left a week after my work experience ended and I never got the call :( As far as I'm aware it is just drop in the CV if they like the look of you they'll put it on record if not straight in the bin. Ask for the manager though, it shows you've got confidence and then you can have a chat with them and what not.

Special
12-06-2013, 12:33 PM
you're a bit small minded just wanting a job at game, you can't pick & choose jobs in this day and age, if you want a job desperately enough you'll have one anywhere

you could be waiting 1 year or more for a vacancy to open up at game

Oleh
12-06-2013, 12:44 PM
you're a bit small minded just wanting a job at game, you can't pick & choose jobs in this day and age, if you want a job desperately enough you'll have one anywhere

you could be waiting 1 year or more for a vacancy to open up at game

It was more of the point that I enjoy games, GAME will have staff discount, and I'll have a job :)

I'm not desperate for a job so GAME is a desirable, if I don't get the job, I'll still have 2 years of College left.

Yawn
12-06-2013, 01:37 PM
umm yh most of the time u cant just walk into a shop u like and expect them to have a job ready for u cos chances r they wont have any vacancies. it just doesnt work like that the majority of the time

but ask if they have any jobs and u might be lucky if not leave them a CV and they might get back to u

AgnesIO
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
The ones near me recruit new staff once a year in September.

You don't really have the right mindset though haha. At the moment people tend to apply for like 50 jobs and getting 2 interviews with no experience is considered a result...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Oleh
12-06-2013, 04:54 PM
The ones near me recruit new staff once a year in September.

You don't really have the right mindset though haha. At the moment people tend to apply for like 50 jobs and getting 2 interviews with no experience is considered a result...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

As I said, it's more of a 'I want to work in GAME, but it's not really a big deal if I don't get a job' Just a spur of the moment thing. Might have to look in September then :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!