PDA

View Full Version : What GCSE results did you get/are you predicted?

lemons
18-06-2013, 05:13 PM
I finish my last GCSE exam on Monday and I've been thinking about what I'm going to get!

These are my personal predictions:

English Lang - C
English Lit - B
Statistics - B
Geography - A*
French - A
Food Tech - A
Business - B

And I already have these:
English Language iGCSE - C
Media - A
Maths - A (literally skimmed it!)

Kardan
18-06-2013, 05:24 PM
So:

Year 9:
GCSE French - B

Year 10:
GCSE Maths - A

Year 11:
Religious Education - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Statistics - A
Geography - B
ICT - B

(Should have took GCSE History, but wasted two years doing AS-French and not taking the exam)

11 A*-C's, decent results at the time, now they're completely meaningless.

A-Levels for those interested:

Year 12:
Maths - A

Year 13:
Physics - A
Chemistry - B
Further Maths - B

Decent results again, also now pointless :P

lemons
18-06-2013, 05:29 PM
well done i bet your parents were very proud of you!

Kardan
18-06-2013, 05:31 PM
well done i bet your parents were very proud of you!

My dad couldn't care less, my mum said she was proud, but I don't think she understood how things even worked :P Her highest GCSE grade was an E, and I think that was in typewriting...

I was the first person in my family to get into university though, so I'm pleased if anyone else isn't :P

lemons
18-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I also do BTEC Science which i got merit in but I don't really care about it and I got A* in my EPQ Level 2 thing

AgnesIO
18-06-2013, 05:36 PM
13 A*-C at GCSE, didn't revise at all, low attendance at school - feel like an utter **** now, mainly after going to a school in Namibia.

AS Levels showed my remorse for it, 4As, 1B, 1C. I obviously don't know my A Level grades yet - hoping to get 3A and 2B though.

lemons
18-06-2013, 05:38 PM
My dad couldn't care less, my mum said she was proud, but I don't think she understood how things even worked :P Her highest GCSE grade was an E, and I think that was in typewriting...

I was the first person in my family to get into university though, so I'm pleased if anyone else isn't :P

ik my mums like that to, on my first gcse science exam I got a D then I told my mum she was like OMG WELL DONE but I eventually ended up being put in btec science (without a chance to retake!)

Zelda
18-06-2013, 05:39 PM
GCSE results:

Maths A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
English lit A
English lang A
French A
Latin A
Music A
Geography A

4A*'s and 6A's basically. lmao like everyone i know litearlly has like 13+ gcses and i'm here with 10 and no idea how most of them have so many ;lll
------------------

For AS results i'm predicted:

Maths A
Further Maths A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Music A/B

january exams in AS's were -
c1 - 98/100
s1 - 96/100
chem - 81/90

so should be ok for maths/chemistry, hopefully did ok in everything else in my may/june exams though I think I probably failed music lmao

AgnesIO
18-06-2013, 05:40 PM
ik my mums like that to, on my first gcse science exam I got a D then I told my mum she was like OMG WELL DONE but I eventually ended up being put in btec science (without a chance to retake!)

My mum would have screwed if I got a D lol

shiver
18-06-2013, 05:41 PM
at gcse i got 3 a*, 8 a and 1 b

at a level i got AAB

GOOD LUCK HUNZ

Shar
18-06-2013, 06:03 PM
1 A 3 Bs 5 Cs and a D. Awkward.

noddy
18-06-2013, 06:49 PM
i got 10 As and 1 A*

Cerys
18-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Umm in Year 9 I got these GCSEs:

German - C
Geography - B
IT - A*
and I can't remember the rest oops *these are what I have so far*

For my Year 10 GCSE results I'm predicting..:

Science - B
PE - A*
Maths - C (possibly D ohmy)
English - A*
Law - B
Product Design - A*

My year 11 predictions aree:

If I resit maths - B
Biology - A*
Chemistry - C
Physics - C
Citizenship - A
Astronomy - A

I THINK that's it. idek

Matthew
18-06-2013, 09:00 PM
I got:
Additional Maths - A

IGCSE History - A*
IGCSE Chemistry - A*
IGCSE Physics - A*

Maths - A*
Geography - A*
Biology - A
French - A
IT (double award) - AA
English Lang/Lit - AB (DAMN ENGLISH LIT)

so 5A* 6A 1B

Also got a BTEC in public services and a BTEC in aviation studies which equates to 6 GCSEs altogether

so I suppose altogether I did 14 GCSEs, 3 IGCSE and one free-standing maths qualification :o

shame they're almost meaningless but whatever lol (with the exception of add maths which will earn me like 20 ucas points I think :O :O :O)

(A)
@Kardan (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=3428); what are you doing at uni if you don't mind me asking? :O

Kardan
18-06-2013, 10:50 PM
I got:
Additional Maths - A

IGCSE History - A*
IGCSE Chemistry - A*
IGCSE Physics - A*

Maths - A*
Geography - A*
Biology - A
French - A
IT (double award) - AA
English Lang/Lit - AB (DAMN ENGLISH LIT)

so 5A* 6A 1B

Also got a BTEC in public services and a BTEC in aviation studies which equates to 6 GCSEs altogether

so I suppose altogether I did 14 GCSEs, 3 IGCSE and one free-standing maths qualification :o

shame they're almost meaningless but whatever lol (with the exception of add maths which will earn me like 20 ucas points I think :O :O :O)

(A)
@Kardan (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=3428); what are you doing at uni if you don't mind me asking? :O

Maths :)

JACKTARD
18-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I got 2 A*'s, 6 A's, 5B's.

A-Levels I got ABB.

Although none of it even matters now :rolleyes:

Matthew
19-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Maths :)

Ah okay :D

Was just wondering because the grades I get probably won't be too different to yours :P

Sho
22-06-2013, 01:05 AM
I got 1 B and the rest were Cs. No idea how I managed to get a B in Health though.
I was predicted an E in French, English Lit and Science so when I ended up getting a C in all three I was like :dance:.

Not that any of it matters now anyway :P.

Yawn
22-06-2013, 10:24 AM
2As 5Bs 3Cs and a D :Innocent:

Amberr
22-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't understand how i ended up with hardly any GCSEs compared to most people.
4A's, 3B's and 1C. (two of those are btecs).

-:Undertaker:-
22-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I got (this was a few years ago now) from what I remember...

English A
Maths D
Science C
History B
Geography C or D
ICT B
Travel and Tourism A

I think.

AgnesIO
22-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I got (this was a few years ago now) from what I remember...

English A
Maths D
Science C
History B
Geography C or D
ICT B
Travel and Tourism A

I think.

You and I (oh so modest now) are proof relatively poor GCSEs don't mean much in the long run :L

Kardan
25-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't understand how i ended up with hardly any GCSEs compared to most people.
4A's, 3B's and 1C. (two of those are btecs).

Were your btec courses worth the same amount as GCSEs in regards to how many hours a week you had lessons for?

I know many people that took BTECs and were all like 'Yeah, well it's worth 3 GCSEs!', simply because they had triple the amount of lessons for that subject compared to regular GCSEs.

If not, I wouldn't be too surprised that people have a lot more GCSEs these days, although 8 is still pretty low. I thought 11 was a lot, and nobdy at my school had more GCSEs than me... And now kids are getting 13, 14, 15 :P

Amberr
26-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Were your btec courses worth the same amount as GCSEs in regards to how many hours a week you had lessons for?

I know many people that took BTECs and were all like 'Yeah, well it's worth 3 GCSEs!', simply because they had triple the amount of lessons for that subject compared to regular GCSEs.

If not, I wouldn't be too surprised that people have a lot more GCSEs these days, although 8 is still pretty low. I thought 11 was a lot, and nobdy at my school had more GCSEs than me... And now kids are getting 13, 14, 15 :P

yeah one of the btecs was supposed to be worth 4 gcses. i only class it as one. It's ridiculous how people get so many gcses, unless they are just starting gcses even earlier now? I don't know. Oh well.

Circadia
26-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Year 9 -
RE Short Course - D

Year 10-
BTEC Performing Arts - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
BTEC Art & Design - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
BTEC Media Studies - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
Science - B
Modular Maths - B
English Lit - C

Year 11 -
English Language - A
Science - A
Linear Maths - A (So in maths overall I got an A as the modular exams and the linear are on the same specification)

Retakes/What I expect to get in the exams just done -
English Lit retake - B
English Lit (second exam) - B
English Language retake - A (I got two B's in the exam but I ended up on an A overall and I don't think I've done any better)
Statistics - A
Music - B
French - D/C
Drama - A

So I think around 15 GCSEs :L

Mr-Trainor
26-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Mine were very mixed, I got AAABCCCCD - the A's being in Maths, Additional Science and English Language :P.

MKR&*42
26-06-2013, 10:37 PM
2 As
4 Bs
2 Cs
1 D

no im sure i had 10 gcses, it was prob 3 Cs

dbgtz
27-06-2013, 07:37 AM
BTEC Business (eurgh) 4x A*
English language B
English lit C
Physics B
Chemistry C
Biology C

Anything else was lower than a C. One was a U because of my teachers not submitting the coursework and making me do the wrong work altogether (still pisses me off despite being 2 years ago). Probably would have done better also if I didn't miss around 2 months of school so close to exams & if I actually revised.

Circadia
27-06-2013, 01:18 PM
yeah one of the btecs was supposed to be worth 4 gcses. i only class it as one. It's ridiculous how people get so many gcses, unless they are just starting gcses even earlier now? I don't know. Oh well.

Quite a lot of schools start GCSEs in year 9 now, my school was one of the first in the area to do it and its benefited a lot of people due to the fact that in the year extra you get you can do resits to get better grades and stuff.
I ended up doing Music, Science and Maths for 3 years instead of 2

jo5h90
27-06-2013, 01:53 PM
First of all, good luck with your exams!

Remember to just take it as another piece of work, you already have the knowledge I expect just put it to good use :)

Unlike the advise I have given you above, I messed around at school a lot and didn't listen to anyone.

My Grades were as follows;

English Literature : B
English Language : C
Physical Education : C
Religious Education : C
I/T : C
History : C
Maths : D
Science: D, D (took double science)
Geogrpahy: D

If only I had listened more at school the first 5 years of my working life, would have been so much easier!

Good Luck :D

Zak
28-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I got 5 C's at school. GCSEs literally mean nothing if you get decent qualifications at college so all is good :)

AgnesIO
28-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Year 9 -
RE Short Course - D

Year 10-
BTEC Performing Arts - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
BTEC Art & Design - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
BTEC Media Studies - Distinction* (2x A*'s)
Science - B
Modular Maths - B
English Lit - C

Year 11 -
English Language - A
Science - A
Linear Maths - A (So in maths overall I got an A as the modular exams and the linear are on the same specification)

Retakes/What I expect to get in the exams just done -
English Lit retake - B
English Lit (second exam) - B
English Language retake - A (I got two B's in the exam but I ended up on an A overall and I don't think I've done any better)
Statistics - A
Music - B
French - D/C
Drama - A

So I think around 15 GCSEs :L

What a waste of time lol

Quite a lot of schools start GCSEs in year 9 now, my school was one of the first in the area to do it and its benefited a lot of people due to the fact that in the year extra you get you can do resits to get better grades and stuff.
I ended up doing Music, Science and Maths for 3 years instead of 2

My old school also now does that, but I have heard mixed feelings about whether it is beneficial or not. And it will be totally pointless if resits end up going...

Sian
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
10 GCSE's A-C

A Levels - CDD

Degree - 2:1 BA hons Archaeology (got that result today)

Foregetfuhl
02-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Got 15 a*-a and then an a* and 3 as at a level then a 1st in my degree :)

Sent from my iPhone so sorry for any obvious SPAG stuff (Samanfa)

lawrawrrr
02-07-2013, 06:30 AM
12 GCSE's:

1 x A*
10 x A
1 x B

2 AS Level:

1 x A
1 x C

3 Full A Levels (A2):

3 x B

Rixion
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
English Language - B
English Literature - B
French - C
Electronic Products - A
Maths - A
Science Core - B
Science Additional - A
Geography - A
OCR National Level 2 ICT - DDD (3 A equivalent)

That's all I did, so don't complain if you only did 10-11 :P

Sloths
05-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Even though I used to live in England and talked to my friends all through GCSE and A Level it's still so weird seeing you guys have so many... We only have 6 subjects in year 11, the same 6 in year 12 and you drop one for year 13 so have 5. Not to mention grading is different E M A NA no stars or anything just Excellence, Merit, Achieved or Non Achieved. There's no overall grade either you get a grade per internal/external. Did get a few top of classes though..

Thomas
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
maths a
english b
science b
ad science b
geog c
graphics a/b

they're just predicted

Betsie_Curatola
20-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I ended up with:
3 Bs - Sociology, English Lang, Additional Science.
5 Cs - Spanish, English Lit, R.E full course, Maths, Core Science.
1 D - History.
F - Citizenship full course because I only handed in 1 coursework.

Gibs960
20-07-2013, 07:14 PM
English - A
Maths - B
Science - B
History - B
German - A (don't know how they expect me to get that)
ICT - A
RE - B (I think)

Tbh, I'm an under achiever, I could probably get A's in most but I've been lazy in the past so I l missed some of the basics.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!