PDA

View Full Version : Are we being told everything by the government?

Lewis
30-06-2013, 08:54 PM
New technology comes. Old technology gets replaced. It's better than the days of the 1800s when man rode horse and a man walking on the moon wasn't even in imagination.

But that's exactly it.

After very little years of riding horses, man somehow turned this into not only cars, but a rocket. We managed to get to the moon, yet only a little amount of years ago from the day we walked on the moon, we were still on horses, very little technology. Where did it all come from so quick? If it's habbo related, it's kind of life a throne jumping from 350c to 35000c very quickly, with no progress in the middle.

Do you believe that there's something our world leaders and government aren't telling us? Is there more to how we had such an amazing technology advancement in so very little years! What do you think? Have we been helped by superior beings not from here?

During World War 2, there was a man that helped build Germans rockets. Once the war ended, he came over to NASA in USA. He was questioned how Germany managed to get so advanced weapons and technology and he looked up: "They helped us." I can't remember his name unfortunately lol.

What do you think?

AgnesIO
30-06-2013, 09:03 PM
No they don't tell you everything, but then the original question is stupid - as your friends and parents don't tell you everything either...

The thing with technology, is oncenyou crack one advancement it is much easier to create another similar one. If you can create a plane, a rocket doesn't seem unfeasible. Create a hard drive of 50gb, making a 3tb one doesn't seem impossible.

Silly conspiracy theories.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Inseriousity.
30-06-2013, 09:43 PM
We got to the moon because The Silence wanted us to get there Inkwell;

No, the government won't tell us everything. Would we listen? Hmm I'm not too sure tbh. I mean when politicians are on the TV now, I imagine you go 'wth are they talking about'

xxMATTGxx
30-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Of course they don't tell us everything. Some stuff is probably for good reasons. But then again, does anyone really tell you everything? Like the above have said parents don't for a start. It is interesting to read some of the stuff that has come out but wasn't public acknowledgement for a very long time.

Empired
01-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't tell us everything if I were in the government. Individual humans are fine with being told stuff like "aliens are trying to invade earth" but as soon as you tell the whole population we all run round like headless chickens shrieking our heads off. Herds of humans are just stupid, careless and panicky.

Sian
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
No they don't tell us everything, and one of the main reasons we've advanced so quickly in the past 200 years or so, is because it stopped being an offence to go against the original teachings of religion, people got to explore science without stigmatism.

Cerys
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
What an obvious question.

Ofcourse they don't share everything.. probably for our own good tbh. I think it's better that they don't share everything, but somethings they keep from us should be told imo.

Ardemax
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Of course the government tells us everything. You'd be stupid not to think so :rolleyes:

dbgtz
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Centuries of war and competition meant research in technology was quick. Pretty much the only benefit of war is quicker advancements.

Empired
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
What an obvious question.

Ofcourse they don't share everything.. probably for our own good tbh. I think it's better that they don't share everything, but somethings they keep from us should be told imo.
But is it not difficult to find a line between what they should and shouldn't tell us? Who gets to decide where the line is? What if there are exceptions?

Centuries of war and competition meant research in technology was quick. Pretty much the only benefit of war is quicker advancements.
What question are you answering dbgtz :S

dbgtz
01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
But is it not difficult to find a line between what they should and shouldn't tell us? Who gets to decide where the line is? What if there are exceptions?

What question are you answering dbgtz :S

The bit where he said

After very little years of riding horses, man somehow turned this into not only cars, but a rocket. We managed to get to the moon, yet only a little amount of years ago from the day we walked on the moon, we were still on horses, very little technology. Where did it all come from so quick?

peteyt
01-07-2013, 07:40 PM

That's one of the longest running questions and one that has been asked a lot lately with the revelations linked with Project Prism. How much freedom do we sacrifice for security? The thing is, I want privacy and I think a lot of what Project Prism has done is wrong, but we are all hypocrites and when an attack happens that the government couldn't discover in time because they couldn't monitor stuff due to laws, we will probably complain and criticize the government for not being able to discover it. It also reminds me of the finale of the x files series, where Mulder finally finds out the date of the alien invasion in the 2 part episode The Truth. He has disagreed with the government for what it hides yet he can't tell Scully which begs the question who was right?

But to the original question, it's very obvious we don't know everything and it's probably a good thing in some cases. Organisations like Wikileaks and Anonymous want all information available and in some cases hiding some information can be bad, but some information is hidden to protect us and revealing certain stuff could give our enemies an advantage.

As also mentioned, discovering and creating new things often leads to the creation of other technologies and then we progress further. Big chips were once worth a lot and now they have been reduced in size and are in everything because we are constantly improving things.

Superbomb123
03-07-2013, 08:41 AM
le googles area 51, le watches area 51 documentary, le is shocked, le tells friends, le is trolled by the government :boohoo:.

MKR&*42
03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Well no, I think some stuff is hidden for a reason. Don't think there's anything massive to worry about as we've been going on like this for years and it has been largely *fine*.

Daltron
17-08-2013, 04:43 AM
I don't think we are told everything but then I think majority of information we are not being told is in the public interest to not be public, if that makes any sense.

oli
26-08-2013, 01:36 AM
There are two worlds, the nice world and the bad world.
I'd prefer it if the government kept the bad world to itself, so I can live in the nice world :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!