PDA

View Full Version : Happy 10th Birthday Habbox!

xxMATTGxx
01-07-2013, 06:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZheY6OG.gif

In 2003 various events happened around the world, the first deer was cloned, China launched Shenzhou 5, Concorde made its last commercial flight and finally, Habbox was born via the help of mizzy_c (also known as Mizki) and later Sierk! The latter member still being a pillar to Habbox by being a co-owner alongside Jin.

Habbox has currently been through 6 versions, although version 7 is around the corner... and has been for the last 2/3 years. Other sites for Habbox, many staff, layouts and skins later Habbox celebrates its 10th birthday on the 1st July, and for the past couple of weeks the current departments have been working hard to make sure we continue with a bang!

Not only does Habbox celebrate its birthday, Habbox Forum has aged too and is now 9 years old, and overall, it still remains the oldest fansite and one that many still religiously tune into regardless of what Habbo policies say. It hasn't been easy for Habbox, with the official title lost with the help of Callie and various forum members; it was said that Habbox wouldn't be official again under any circumstances, but that was soon changed and it still remains as an official fansite in the present day.

Over the years it hasn't just been Sierk, Mizki and Jin for the later part of the fansite that have kept the sites going, but more of the members, the staff and the dedicated fans. So many members both past and present staff and just regular forum users have done so much for the fansite and although it would be too much to name them all various ones could be mentioned just for their outstanding work!

A lot of the older members and some of the newer ones will remember old General Managers, further back than xxMATTGxx and Hecktix who have watched Habbox grow too, they have learnt so much throughout the years at Habbox and comments below outline that.

"It has been full of fun times and I've made good friends; it has meant a lot to me." - Abi.

"Habbox has meant literally everything. It has shaped me into who I am today and it has made me more confident and given me the best friends and memories anyone could ever ask for. You can't ask a Habbo fansite to do that, but it has." - Foregetfuhl.

"Habbox has been great fun for me over the years, it keeps me entertained and I think I've probably learnt a lot of computer-based skills, and I have learnt a lot from talking to people." - e5.

"Habbox has been, and I know this sounds sad, a lifeline for me since I joined. I've been quite heavily involved in all aspects of Habbox life (lol), and I can honestly say I am proud of the people I've met and what I've managed to do. I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment, although it's not been easy to say the least. I'm definitely a better person because of it (how sad is that"?). May it carry on to inspire many more after I'm gone." - Laura.

"Habbox has helped pass the time over the years, but you can pass your time with anything on the Internet (viral YouTube videos can waste hours). I stay at Habbox because the community is full of great people!" - Inseriousity.

A lot of positive memories from Habbox and its members, it's been a tough road and they've had to put up with tough fights over the years; the merge, fansite rules and near enough everything has been a battle in the last 10 years and as for me, I love Habbox, it has been an amazing experience, I just wish I had joined years sooner! It was left to me to write this as currently a few of the Habbox management team, alongside various Forum Moderators have found Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the 3DS to be too addictive. They didn't have the time to write this as they were busy getting stung by bees, fishing and catching bugs!

So a big Happy Birthday to Habbox! We thank all our staff and members who have been around since the start or even just been a part of the community at least once throughout the past 10 years. Now if you really want to go back in time... let's see what Habbox used to work and look like by visiting a very old version: http://habbox.com/retro/

If you wish to share your views about Habbox and what it has meant to you over the years then you can do by posting in here: http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1604

Thanks to Samanfa for the thread/article content idea

xxMATTGxx
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Keep an eye on our twitter feed throughout the day where you will be able to win a bunch of credits! Our twitter account is: http://www.twitter.com/habbox

Winners are chosen at random

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!