PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Perserverance - Ends 11th July

MKR&*42
20-06-2013, 04:20 PM
http://habbox.com/text/black_style/Persistent+Perserverance

There are many things in life I've completely given up on. Being more organised, putting more effort into revision and trying to be more social are just a select few of these. I've been trying to improve my creativity skills lately and I was going through the "ready to give up" stage again, but a good friend gave me a quote to encourage me to carry on:

"Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone had told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste, but there is a gap. For the first couple of years you make stuff, it's just not that good. It's trying to be good, it has potential, but it's not ... A lot of people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this ... we all go through this. You gotta know it's normal and the most important thing you can do is go through a volume of work - that will close the gap and your work will be as good as your ambitions."

For this competition, I'd like you to find me an inspirational quote (don't just grab the first one you see) to convince me to never give up on my ambitions.

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

PaulRoseman
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. -Samuel Beckett.

Daltron
06-07-2013, 02:27 AM
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Matheus
06-07-2013, 03:22 AM
If plan A, B, and C doesn't work, don't worry. You've got 23 other letters in the alphabet.

Negativities
06-07-2013, 06:22 AM
You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. –Christopher Columbus

Cassiieee
06-07-2013, 11:11 PM
You can't fail until you've failed harder.

bkps
07-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Everything's gonna be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end.

goldenRAINBOWxo
07-07-2013, 07:51 PM
"If you can dream it, you can do it."

Jurv
08-07-2013, 12:00 AM
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain

Sloths
08-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Can i win cuz I gave you original quote? (a)

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Drake.
10-07-2013, 12:34 AM
"Don't give up on your ambitions or you will die" - Me

kjcool
10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Has it ever occurred to you that ambition is the fuel of greatness, the mind is the engine of the machine that runs internally throughout to achieve those things that are unreachable, the passion is the power that drives the machine forward and the blood that flows through us is the never ending cycle of life. We all have these things, we all have the right parts to do something amazing. It's how we look after these parts and how well we use it that determines what we do and how well we do it.
- kjcool!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!