PDA

View Full Version : Bodacious Banknotes - Ends 31st July

MKR&*42
06-07-2013, 08:43 PM
http://habbox.com/text/Bling/Bodacious+Banknotes

I've always had quite a weird interest in banknotes (not just the financial side to them). I've always found the designs on notes interesting, especially the people that appear on them - Elizabeth Fry, Isaac Newton, Florence Nightingale and William Shakespeare are just a few famous figures that have made appearances on these notes and Winston Churchill is also expected to make an appearance on the £5 note in 2016. Mini fact: I bet you didn't know there also used to be a 10 shillings note (equivalent to 50p) 70 or so years ago!

If I could place anyone onto a bank note, it'd probably Tim Berners-Lee due to his invention of the World Wide Web (considering how far it has progressed in the past half-century). However, I'd like to know which notable British figure you would place onto a banknote if you could & why?

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

steamyxo
25-07-2013, 11:29 PM
me-cos im the best and im fab

Daltron
25-07-2013, 11:40 PM
David Beckham

Popular amongst public
Easy on the eyes
Has done wonders for his proffession
Did I mention he is hot

lemons
26-07-2013, 10:10 AM
the cast of the only was is essex they're so influential

Lewis
26-07-2013, 05:39 PM
A world war 1 or 2 hero, perhaps. Or just someone that's actually done good for the world, not some rich-crazy person or idiotic people.

A true hero. Someone that's saved lives.

Aiden
26-07-2013, 11:59 PM
A world war 1 or 2 hero, perhaps. Or just someone that's actually done good for the world, not some rich-crazy person or idiotic people.

A true hero. Someone that's saved lives.

Does someone have to have saved lifes to be a true hero?

and I don't know if anyone has said her but,J.K. Rowling
She is very inspiration and made a generation of kids pick up a book, and still does today! She also donates a lot to charities (she lost her $ billionaire status because she donated so much. Well that's what I read somewhere.)

Lewis
27-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Does someone have to have saved lifes to be a true hero?

and I don't know if anyone has said her but,J.K. Rowling
She is very inspiration and made a generation of kids pick up a book, and still does today! She also donates a lot to charities (she lost her $ billionaire status because she donated so much. Well that's what I read somewhere.)

I forgot to add 'Perhaps' before someone who saved lives. lol

A true hero. Perhaps someone that's saved lives.

MissSarahLoo
27-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Elizabeth Garrett Anderson (http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/garrett_anderson_elizabeth.shtml)
She was the first qualified female doctor, and although not very famous, she was key to working towards sex equality and i believe a role model for not just women, but anyone to reach out and do what they dream of.

Zelda
28-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Matt smith.

he is the best doctor ever and he is such a recognisable figure and really cute :)

Yupt
28-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Andy Murray (for 2013-14) notes.

I think they should change the face regularly to celebrate the most successful and influential British people of the modern era. They can serve as inspiration for us, plus it would be quite cool to have lots in circulation!!

In 2012 you could have had Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah etc. and in years before that J. K. Rowling to celebrate her success as an author.

Munex
28-07-2013, 09:35 PM
I like Lewis' idea.

Building on his idea, I'd find it really cool if every banknote had a unique picture of a real soldier and their name and rank alongside it. Imagine every single banknote having an individual person attached to it. I'd find it fascinating and respectful.

Of course it will never work as it'd give the notes a weird sort of sentimental value and would probably destroy the economy.

-Idan
29-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Martin Luther King.
He changed life for the better. He stopped discrimination to people of the different race. It is wrong to judge people on the colour of their skin so he did a wonderful thing.

Drake.
29-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Susan Boyle so they make bigger banknotes

AlexJRiley
29-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Ian Flemming - He wrote some amazing books that will have generated a lot of money not only for himself but for the UK, which then got made into films that generated over 6 billion in revenue (the second highest grossing movie franchise in history). Plus he's a lad!

geekygrant
30-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Alexander fleming, for his discovery of penicillin.

Empousa
30-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Richard Branson, for creating the most honest company for broadband - Virgin Media - and also, because he's become a real success starting from running a college magazine! All in all a very inspiring person. :)

Reality
31-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Panic at the disco simply because of the talent they have they deserve to be on a note :)

zebbadi
31-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Kieth lemon then it would be the lemon pound note

Martin
31-07-2013, 08:18 PM
One Direction members, since I think that would be something for the youngsters! Could have like each member on a different denomination and have special limited edition banknotes! :D

Cerys
31-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I'd say Intersocial as he is the proud king of *edited* and he deserves to be on a 50quid note due to how special he is. He has changed everyones lives SO much and I think because of that he should have his super beautiful head put on paper!! And lets make the paper black cos he's an emo and blacks his fav colour. Also, he has influenced my life in many ways such as I was gonna buy some chocolate about 1year ago, but he made me change my mind to get some quavers instead. I thank him for that, he has proper changed my life.

Stephen Fry - He is possibly the most normal celebrity out there. I think he's amazing due to all the problems he has had to battle through, yet he still remains to try and be as funny as he can ever be. I respect him so much for that, and I absolutely adore him. I don't think TV etc would be the same without him, he has changed humor in the UK so much so I think he deserves to be on the note :3

Becka
31-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Fall Out Boy because they are good at making music

!x!dude!x!2
31-07-2013, 08:20 PM
hayden your British, ill put you in a banknote ;)

Sloths
31-07-2013, 08:37 PM
think this has already been said but being a huuuuge potterhead JK Rowling should be on the note. She built herself up from pretty much poverty to become one of the richest authors alive and does so much to help out kids and charities and everything

Jurv
31-07-2013, 08:40 PM
i would like these because she's queen b x

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BEYONCE-SIGNED-NOVELTY-500-EURO-BANK-NOTE-BIRTHDAYS-GIFT-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/s5AAAMXQJ3xRe8GS/$(KGrHqQOKosFF0Bg+kSmBRe8GRwJ0!~~60_35.JPG

steamyxo
31-07-2013, 09:33 PM
i would like these because she's queen b x

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BEYONCE-SIGNED-NOVELTY-500-EURO-BANK-NOTE-BIRTHDAYS-GIFT-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/s5AAAMXQJ3xRe8GS/$(KGrHqQOKosFF0Bg+kSmBRe8GRwJ0!~~60_35.JPG

yes yes and yes beyonce is queen her and her amazing body will b myn very soon

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!