PDA

View Full Version : Say What? - Ends 26th July

Sho
18-07-2013, 06:28 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/coolblue_high/say+what

I've lived in Wales all my life and I never really thought about how the Welsh language looked through non-Welsh speakers' eyes when they read it. Last week I met up with some Habboxers in Cardiff and a few of them were trying to read out some of the signs that we passed while we were there, and I could not help but laugh at their attempts of pronouncing some of the words. I loved the look on their faces when I said the name of a village in North Wales that I live near, which is
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch.

What I'd like you to do is find me a word, from any language, that looks completely impossible to pronounce.

The best entry will win!

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

ConradGoat
21-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Here is a big one..

'Methionylglutaminylarginyltyros-ylglutamylserylleucylphen-ylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylgl-utamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalan-ylphenylalanylvalylprolyphenylalanY-lvalythreonylleucylglycylaspartylp-rolylglycylisoleucylglutamylglutam-inylsErylleucyllysylisoleucylasp-artylthreonylleucylIsoleucylglutam-ylalanylglycylalanylasparthlalanylleucy-lglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylp-henylalanylseRylaspartylprolylleucylal-anylaspartylglycylpRolylthreOnylisoleuc-ylglutaminylasPfraginylalanylthreonyll-eucylarfinylalanylphenylalanylalanylal-anylglycylvalythreonylprolylalanylglut-aminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamylm-ethionylleucylalanylleuOylisoleucylargi-nylglutaminyllysyhistidylprolylthreonylis-oleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucylmethion-yltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphen-ylalanylasparaginyllysyglycylisoleucylas-partylglutamylphenylalanylthrosylalanyl-glutaminylcsteinylglutamyllysylvalylgly-cylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalnyl-aspartylvalylprolylvalylglUtaminylglutam-ylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylgl-utaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylas-paraginyvalylalanylprolylisoleucylprolyliso-leucylphenylalanylisoleucylphenylalanylisol-eucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylasp-artylaspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylgluta-minylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycylarginy-lglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrOsylleucylleucylsery-larginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanyl-glutamYlasparainylarginylalanylalanylleucyl-prolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucylValylala-nyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginy-lalanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglg-ycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucylserylalanylp-rolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalany-lisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylgly-cylalanylisoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisole-ucylvalyllysylisoIeucylisoleucylglutamylgluta-minylHistidylasparaginyliSoleucylglutamylpro-lylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylle-ucyllysylvalylphenylalanylcalylglutaminylproly-lmethionlysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine.'

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, 18th edition, this 1,909-letter-long word is regarded as the world’s longest word in the English language. This word has also included in the American Chemical Society’s Chemical Abstracts. It is the longest real word of a Tryptophan Synthetase (its scientific name is Methionylglutaminy…serine) A protein, an enzyme that has 267 amino acids which describes a protein in the amino acid of a strand of DNA. The shortened version of this protein is known as titin, or sometimes conectin, which is involved in striated muscle formation. Its empirical formula is C132983H211861N36149O40883S693.

Becka
21-07-2013, 04:50 PM
ヤギ

Goat in Japanese x

Sarah12
21-07-2013, 07:47 PM
צעמישט (Confused in Yiddish!!!)

JACKTARD
21-07-2013, 11:08 PM
gonflable

it's french for inflatable and it's easy to pronounce it's just fun to say so w/e

gon-flaaar-bluh

Sloths
21-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu

It's the name of a hill here in NZ which translates from Maori approximately to "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one" the nose flute part made me laugh haha :P
(its a full word hx just split it up)

Smurfed-
22-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Caerdydd... ;)

Ok in all seriousness.

flockynockynihilipilification

myles
22-07-2013, 12:06 AM
popty ping
microwave in welsh
(dus tht count pmslx )

Daltron
22-07-2013, 02:46 AM
antidisestablishmentarianism

Drake.
22-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Reykjavik - the capital of Iceland

lemons
22-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

place in wales

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 01:56 PM ----------

oops didnt realise it was in OP

Cassiieee
23-07-2013, 10:05 AM
otorinolaringólogo in Spainish.
otolaryngologist in English.

Matt
23-07-2013, 11:56 AM
GORSA­FAWDDACH­AIDRAIGODAN­HEDDO­GLEDDOLON­PE NRHYN­AREUR­DRAETH­CEREDIGION
A town in Wales. The name means: the Mawddach station and its dragon teeth at the Northern Penrhyn Road on the golden beach of Cardigan bay.

Hoping
24-07-2013, 05:46 PM
floccinaucinihilipilification
----------------------------------
/ˌfläksəˌnôsəˌnīhiləˌpiləfiˈkāSHən/
Noun
The action or habit of estimating something as worthless. (The word is used chiefly as a curiosity.).

steamyxo
25-07-2013, 11:25 PM
kakorrhaphiophobia
(english) – fear of failure

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!