PDA

View Full Version : Formidable Fiction - Ends 6th August

Sho
21-07-2013, 04:12 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/15/formidable+fiction

This might sound silly to some people, but various fictional characters from films/books that I've read/watched have influenced my personality greatly. When I was younger I constantly watched Beauty and the Beast and I loved how Belle fell in love with the beast regardless of what he looked like, and to this day I don't pay much attention to looks and focus more on personality. That's only one example out of many, and I'm sure they've influenced others too, which is why I'd like you to tell me how a certain fictional character from a film or book has influenced you.

The most interesting answer will win!

Prize: 5 Credits + 10 Reputation Points

steamyxo
01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
the boy from treasure planet move, he taught me that if you put ur mind to something, its never impossible, and to forgive, since he forgave the pirate that betrayed him. (forgot the boys name since i watched the movie time ago)

JACKTARD
01-08-2013, 12:06 AM
peter pan makes me wanna go through childrens windows and take them away

Sloths
01-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Luna Lovegood influenced me to be myself and attempt to not care what people thought of me, it's been hard but I'm getting better and starting to become more confident in my own skin and wearing the clothes I like and want to wear rather than thinking what others may say behind my back about it.

-Idan
01-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Darth Vader - Proved to me that no matter how angry you are, you still have the ability to do something positive that stems from hate.

orientalframe?
01-08-2013, 07:08 AM
the red queen from alice in wonderland - she's influenced me to stop doing things that get you nowhere, specifically by this quote: "it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place." it's not even interesting but yeah ok

Empousa
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Lena Duchannes from Beautiful Creatures to me is inspiring because despite all the things the Wheel of Fate threw at her, she still chose to be herself over going either dark or light, showing that it's possible to be both and if you don't want to choose you can't let other people make the choice for you. :)

Cerys
01-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Hm

Lauren who is a main character from Sophie McKenzies book series. I dunno why really. I guess I just find her personality very similar to mine and she has made me realise so much more about myself that I never thought I'd know. The way that she is able to build up the courage to go and do all those things has really made me dream to be like her, build up my courage and have that attitude of 'who cares what everyone else thinks, if I'm happy being who I am, lets keep it that way'. Also the way that she has gone through so much rubbish but she still stays strong.. wow. If she was a real person I'd probably stalk her to find out how she does it!!

Explorator
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
It's not really a old cartoon character but an old song.

When I was a kid, I used to watch the old replays of the Batman cartoons from the 80's

I loved the "ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner batman" song.

Every time I walk into my friends house; I shout

"ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner BATSAM"

My name is Sam

Drake.
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Chuckie the doll (from the film Chuckie) traumatised my childhood self forever and I now have a legit phobia of dolls. **** you, Chuckie.

LiquidLuck.
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
peter pan makes me wanna go through childrens windows and take them away

You can't believe how much I laughed at this! LOL +rep

Disney movies of princesses taught me that my life could be the worst, but I'd still have a perfect hair and my prince charming would always find me... bull... xD

Well actually I think the characters that most inspired me aren't known by a lot of people. They are the triplets Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Donald Duck's nephews. When I was younger I used to love to read these comic books and I'd always ask my grandfather to buy me some more. They are scouts and they have the greatest values ever. They are friendly, they are helpful, they do get into some mean situations mainly with Donald, but they always end up doing the right thing and helping their uncle. They love nature and do everything they can to save it and omg so much more.. Defintely a life lesson. Mickey Mouse's comics also teach a great deal of things.

James
02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
the boy from treasure planet move, he taught me that if you put ur mind to something, its never impossible, and to forgive, since he forgave the pirate that betrayed him. (forgot the boys name since i watched the movie time ago)
+rep to this.

For me it would probably be Spongebob. (I know, don't judge). But in every episode, he always has a goal and strives to achieve it, and doesn't even let his friends get in the way of that.

Daltron
03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Arthur! Used to always help me make morally correct decisions as a child I reckon :p

Spoltage
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I would have to say Forrest Gump from well... Forrest Gump (my fav movie ever!!). He taught me to strive to overcome my obstacles in life, to believe in my self even if no-one else does and that love can be found in the places you least expect and with the people you least expect (R.I.P Jenny, so much death in that movie :( )

Sam

Phil
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Dora influenced me to explore

Munex
05-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Definitely TJ from Recess. I tried to make my school days play out like an episode of Recess. I purposely acted like TJ, forming stupid dares and plans to cause trouble, but not get caught doing it. I formed a little group with my friends called the 'Dare Devils', and we did a lot of stupid, childish stuff. Was really fun, though.

iSherlock
05-08-2013, 06:09 AM
I had a hard time choosing between Sherlock Holmes and Fox Mulder (From The X-Files) because they have both influenced in my life like no other fictional character has ever done.

As the bold letters may have pointed earlier, my pick is the FBI officer and founder of the X-Files (google it if you don't know it yet), he was a psychologist and his sister was abducted by aliens when they were kids.

Fox Mulder was later on paired with Dana Scully, a female forensic doctor and a hardcore skeptic so they were the perfect match for each other in solving cases (and other things wink wink).

His character was influencing me when I was a kid in the late 90's (the series was aired from 94 to 2001 and I was born in 92), his obsession with believing in the existance of paranormal activity and extraterrestrial life (his crusade).

Ok now how he influenced me, let me think, he made me a believer of the UFO phenomena and everytime I looked up when a plane passed at night time, all those lights made me feel goosebumps and I just wished it was a real UFO, he was also a sharp person who trusted his guts and I do too.
His fight against conspiracy and the government affected the way I see policits now, he also taught me to "trust no one" and made me a mid-paranoid person haha, he never gave up on his crusade and throughout some episodes his quotes were amazingly inspiring. The series was my first series, and my early exposure to it made me love science fiction, his legacy is still among us and inspired characters like Peter Bishop (Fringe) and some CSI shows.

bkps
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Jodi Picult's book 19 Minutes which is a story based on the columbine shooting and it wasnt just 1 person that taught me something, it was the entire book and how people can drive others to do things that you'd never think they'd do. Like, someone being pushed so far that they do something drastic and they can't go back .It's what anger and bottled up emotions cause people to do, fab book.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!