PDA

View Full Version : RUNNING LOG

MilksAreUs
26-07-2013, 09:36 PM
So right now, I've decided to take up running. It seems like a good sport and it is a great way to keep fit! This is where I will post when I have run, how I am feeling, how far I went etc... You could also try running and see for your self the benefits... I know I have seen good benefits (mostly because of weight loss). You don't even have to walk... You could jog? or even walk... If you try this, why don't you post down below aswell?

Plegar
26-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Good luck, what day are you starting? Presume you'll be doing Couch-To-5K.

MilksAreUs
26-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Good luck, what day are you starting? Presume you'll be doing Couch-To-5K.

Yes, how did you guess? :D
And i'll probably be starting on monday :)

Red
26-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Aww! Good luck. I started running at the beginning of June :) I feel so much healthier/happier because of it.

MilksAreUs
26-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Aww! Good luck. I started running at the beginning of June :) I feel so much healthier/happier because of it.

Haha thanks :D

Daltron
27-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Good luck

H488041!f3
27-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Well, I need to start getting in shape, so I'll join you on this literal trek. All the best to ya

MKR&*42
27-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Good luck to you, I've considered starting something like this for a while too (considering running is one of the best forms of exercise anyone can do).

j0rd
27-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Good idea. There's apps out there for smartphones which can record and map results. Specific one I use is MapMyRide, it will map cycling, running (road & tread), walk, swim, sit ups, push ups. I use it quite a bit and can't fault it at all!

My last:

Type: Cycling
Distance: 16.26mi
Speed: 4.3mph
Gain: 154ft
Time: 4:47:59

Time should be less and speed should be higher but I forgot to pause it when I was on the beach :(

AgnesIO
27-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Scrap the couch to 5k ********. Use mapmyrun or something to track your distances etc, and sign up for a local (large) event to keep yourself motivated.

I run 5 miles as a minimum daily (minimum as that is the distance I do on a standard day, do a longer one once a week). I need a ten mile multi terrain thing as my first actual race last year and finished in 1 hour, 9 minutes and 20 something seconds :)

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 05:32 PM ----------

Good idea. There's apps out there for smartphones which can record and map results. Specific one I use is MapMyRide, it will map cycling, running (road & tread), walk, swim, sit ups, push ups. I use it quite a bit and can't fault it at all!

My last:

Time should be less and speed should be higher but I forgot to pause it when I was on the beach :(

I thought 4.3mph was a tad on the unrealistically slow side on a bike :L

Plegar
27-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Scrap the couch to 5k ********. Use mapmyrun or something to track your distances etc, and sign up for a local (large) event to keep yourself motivated.

I run 5 miles as a minimum daily (minimum as that is the distance I do on a standard day, do a longer one once a week). I need a ten mile multi terrain thing as my first actual race last year and finished in 1 hour, 9 minutes and 20 something seconds :)

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 05:32 PM ----------

I thought 4.3mph was a tad on the unrealistically slow side on a bike :L
If you took the time to read his other thread you'd realise he's new to running, hence Couch-To-5K being offered as a suitable programme.

AgnesIO
27-07-2013, 05:18 PM
If you took the time to read his other thread you'd realise he's new to running, hence Couch-To-5K being offered as a suitable programme.

I am well aware he is new to running, however I still believe couch to 5k is an unnecessary method. I have every right to give this point of the view, as yes it was invented when I started running, and no I didn't use it at all - and came 9th out of 180 in my first race (which includes being beaten by six Gurkha's...)!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Zak
27-07-2013, 11:13 PM
So right now, I've decided to take up running. It seems like a good sport and it is a great way to keep fit! This is where I will post when I have run, how I am feeling, how far I went etc... You could also try running and see for your self the benefits... I know I have seen good benefits (mostly because of weight loss). You don't even have to walk... You could jog? or even walk... If you try this, why don't you post down below aswell?

Running is great. I used to run for a club and have taken part in many events all across the country as a boy. Sadly all that has ended but I still do some running.. I aim for 1200m a day which really isn't that much. I ran for 10 minutes on the treadmill yesterday too. Good luck with your running, keep us informed.

MilksAreUs
31-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I wouldve been out running monday, tuesday and today, but the rain has kept me indoors :(

JACKTARD
02-08-2013, 02:58 AM
this is my running log

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIFht37H6Gqpw9bINLhMK716thLFbPH wi2508ZBD58E5lTIATgDQ

har har har

Edited by Chris (Forum Manager): Please do not make pointless posts.

Calum0812
02-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Good luck! I assume you will keep us uptodate and I can't wait to see how you do!
Might inspire me to get off my backside.
Okay, yeh, maybe not...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!