PDA

View Full Version : College Fees

Luke367
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Good afternoon guys,
What things are out there to pay for a college fee? I have to some how get £1600 for this course i wanna do, I'm looking into Grants is there anything else out there if grants don't give me that much money? I'm 20.

Thank you
Luke

FlyingJesus
05-09-2013, 04:25 PM
If you're on the dole at the moment you can get it reduced by some random figure that no-one seems to know how to work out - I did when I went back to college and got the fee down from £1500 to £330 or something ridiculous like that

For some courses Prince's Trust is really amazing at looking into they do some brilliant work

Zak
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi Luke367;,

Funding for colleges has changed yet again for this year. It changes almost every year.. at 19+ I'm sure it'll either be co-funded or full cost. Speak with your college finance department with regards to a potential bursary (I know nothing about these) otherwise it would seem like a loan would be the only option.

We have a big flowchart showing the various outcomes and if they're going to be co-funded, full cost or free. How much you have to pay (if anything at all) can be determined on employment, the course, its level and of cause your age (amongst a lot of other factors).

If you leave me the details of what you wish to study then I will try and help you best I can. :)

Luke367
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you 2 you both & ill have a look up now, :)

oli
07-09-2013, 07:57 PM
There are loads of grants, are you unemployed? Do you/your carers have a low income? Do you have children? Are you in a full-time job?

Plenty of grants you can get.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!