PDA

View Full Version : what course are you PLANNING to take in uni

karter
03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
(don't merge this thread with the other one this is not on the same topic)

anyway who else is confused regarding what course they should do!!

these are my top options:

ba in psychology or sociology
law
bsc in anthropology
media and communications
english lit
ba in international relations

there's no time left aah.... i have to decide and there are so many options

MKR&*42
03-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know, luckily I've got 2 years till im going but I honestly have no idea. If I'm allowed to do a fast track German A Level I will probably end up doing a joint honours degree in language and something else. I would do sociology, but I find it incredibly at A Level and idk how it is at uni lets ask buttons;

Samantha
03-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I didn't go to University, but I would have probably opted for English Language. However, my grades weren't that amazing, so I'd choose different if I could :P.

Cerys
03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
DEFINITELY something to do with law

if I cant do law there's no point in going haha cos I don't really like anything else.

though ngl product design *god knows if they do it at uni* was amazing and I got a decent grade, so tbh that could be an option maybe

Ardemax
03-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Computer science hopefully :)

lemons
03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
geography
french

geography AND french??????/

Matthew
03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Accounting and Finance at Bath or LSE hopefully

Top choice though is a job/degree with KPMG at Durham Uni. 6 years (3 of uni 3 of work), they'd pay my uni fees and accommodation fees and pay me a salary of £16-20k per year for the 6 years.. And if I get a first or 2:1 then I'd have a guaranteed job at the end too. Too good to turn down really, hope I get in! :(

buttons
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
u have to find a balance been enjoyment and whether it's something u can use in future. i loved anthropology as a hobby but in a uni setting it is sooo different, i only liked 2 modules all year and the rest was hard because i wasn't interested in studying them. realistically, anthro is a pretty crappy degree to get as jobs are hard to find and when u do find one, they are unstable and u won't be in a job full time most likely. thankfully i got to change course in third year to do only sociology as an applied science degree. thing bout psych n sociology is u learn skills u can apply to many occupations (working with each other, communication, spss, how to write reports etc) and even if u don't use the degree for a job, i personally find it's been helpful to me because u do a lot of working with people and thinking outside the box compared to practical areas. obv I can't talk for the other subjects so dunno how pleasurable they r easy to get a job out of

Kardan
03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
PGCE Secondary Mathematics at Leicester Uni for next year :)

Futz
03-10-2013, 07:52 PM
most likely electronic/electrical engineering

Zelda
03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
maths at one of cambridge bath warwick sussex or ucl

karter
04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
u have to find a balance been enjoyment and whether it's something u can use in future. i loved anthropology as a hobby but in a uni setting it is sooo different, i only liked 2 modules all year and the rest was hard because i wasn't interested in studying them. realistically, anthro is a pretty crappy degree to get as jobs are hard to find and when u do find one, they are unstable and u won't be in a job full time most likely. thankfully i got to change course in third year to do only sociology as an applied science degree. thing bout psych n sociology is u learn skills u can apply to many occupations (working with each other, communication, spss, how to write reports etc) and even if u don't use the degree for a job, i personally find it's been helpful to me because u do a lot of working with people and thinking outside the box compared to practical areas. obv I can't talk for the other subjects so dunno how pleasurable they r easy to get a job out of

this was very helpful thanks a lot

iBlueBox
04-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I was stuck between doing something computer related or something in television/video production.

I ended up taking Multimedia and Internet Technology.

Ekelektra
04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I've applied for a BA at 3 different places and want to do media and communications or maybe screen studies. Depends which course I get into and what choices there are.

And I've applied for professional communication and media at a different place.

And then I've applied for IT but as a lower preference.

Shar
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Find something you'd be committed to. I think I would've dropped out of my course ages ago if I wasn't serious about it.

Matthew
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
maths at one of cambridge bath warwick sussex or ucl

I found your signature hilarious :-( #Nerd

good luck by the way, someone in my maths set is hoping to do maths at cambridge!

Matthew
08-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Anyone applying for 2014 entry got any offers yet? :)

edit: or if you're applying now but taking a gap year!

Zelda
08-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Anyone applying for 2014 entry got any offers yet? :)

edit: or if you're applying now but taking a gap year!

i have offers from warwick and sussex now for maths, still waiting on cambridge bath and ucl though

update: literally just got an offer from bath too a few minutes ago :)

Matthew
08-11-2013, 09:15 PM
i have offers from warwick and sussex now for maths, still waiting on cambridge bath and ucl though

update: literally just got an offer from bath too a few minutes ago :)

I've also got offers from Bath and Warwick haha

and Newcastle too

Bath will be my firm probably with Newcastle my backup, still waiting for replies from LSE and Exeter but they won't change anything :P

Congratulations :)

Oleh
09-11-2013, 07:53 PM
PLANNING on finishing my IT course in 2015/2016 to make it a degree, but I doubt I will, not overly fond of reports as it is :P

karter
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
oh this thread's back

lemme update my options

law
bsc in anthropology
media and communications
english lit

CRIES

Rixion
10-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Either Environmental Science or Zoology.

Jurv
10-11-2013, 09:57 PM
film/media/television studies. hopefully with something that involves a lot of practical!!

Rozi
10-11-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't know, luckily I've got 2 years till im going but I honestly have no idea. If I'm allowed to do a fast track German A Level I will probably end up doing a joint honours degree in language and something else. I would do sociology, but I find it incredibly at A Level and idk how it is at uni lets ask @buttons (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203);

I've just started my joint criminology and sociology degree and I am REALLY ENJOYING SOCIOLOGY but it is very reading heavy. I mean, you don't have to do lots of reading but when it comes to assessment/essay time, you NEED it. I also think you need to be very open minded and critically minded to enjoy sociology. I dunno if you have done English Lit, but I think good analysis skills are essential in Sociology.

Vodafone
17-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Ive applied for International Business and International Relations just got to wait till Jan 17th I guess.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Mark
17-11-2013, 11:06 PM
oh this thread's back

lemme update my options

law
bsc in anthropology
media and communications
english lit

CRIES

Are these your UCAS options or just courses you were thinking about? Where are you applying to for law? :P

Absently
17-11-2013, 11:36 PM
was just sorting out through my ucas earlier and it looks like i'm probably going to be doing psychology and sociology :P i currently do them both in my course atm, so hopefully will help having the basis of them both :)

Jared
18-11-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm currently majoring in Forensic Neurophysiology.

nat965
18-11-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm not going for a uni degree, but if i really wanted to go to university (maybe even later in life after school), probably Paramedical Science... or Construction Management. Oh, I don't know :P

!x!dude!x!2
18-11-2013, 04:07 AM
going to college
and imma take police foundations

karter
18-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Are these your UCAS options or just courses you were thinking about? Where are you applying to for law? :P

no no just the options I was thinking of. I'm applying mostly in India but will try out some in UK and USA. (Applications from my country can only be sent in late May)

Mark
18-11-2013, 04:09 PM
no no just the options I was thinking of. I'm applying mostly in India but will try out some in UK and USA. (Applications from my country can only be sent in late May)

Oh right, best of luck! :)

Amberr
18-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Adult nursing, my application got sent to ucas last week. haven't heard anything back yet, eugh just want to know already.

EDIT: as soon as i post this I just checked my emails and got an interview for manchester. wahoooo.

Jurv
18-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Adult nursing, my application got sent to ucas last week. haven't heard anything back yet, eugh just want to know already.

EDIT: as soon as i post this I just checked my emails and got an interview for manchester. wahoooo.

stay away from my turf

o/t - sent my ucas to college so im just waiting for them to sort my references out ahh

Mark
19-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Congrats!!

Rachel
19-11-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm currently finishing the nursing course in March 20th :D

Mikey
19-11-2013, 11:16 PM
ba in media and communication

hopefully :)

lucaskf390
19-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Engineering

Amberr
20-11-2013, 09:42 PM
stay away from my turf

o/t - sent my ucas to college so im just waiting for them to sort my references out ahh

Congrats!!

errr who do ya think u r cameron??? thxx markkk got another interview for southampton. eugh so scary.

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I actually finished my final High School exams last week, and I've applied for a Pharmacy course at two universities. I receive my final scores in about three weeks, and I know I'm going to be disappointed, and it sucks, because I have a feeling it won't be enough to get into Pharmacy. Infact, if I don't get over the minimum score for the per-requisite subjects, it's going to really make it hard for me to choose a University course I want. So I'm hoping/praying for a miracle. I feel nervous thinking about it.

Okay, I hope to get into Pharmacy, and if I don't, I probably will do a Pharmaceutical Sciences course for a year, achieve over 70% average for that year (that's difficult) and transfer over to Pharmacy. Apparently it will stay take 4 years if I did Pharmacy straight away. But that's if I pass the per-requisite subject minimum score.

I need to research into more courses, but overall something health related.

Ah. :S

karter
26-11-2013, 04:51 PM
oh this thread's back

lemme update my options

law
bsc in anthropology
media and communications
english lit

CRIES

update: im now leaning over psychology the most and the rest are going to be my alternatives :)

Reloaded
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Had an interview for BA Hons Hospitality Management at Manchester Met (MMU) Monday and got offered a place on the spot which have accepted. Anyone else going MMU?

Jurv
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Had an interview for BA Hons Hospitality Management at Manchester Met (MMU) Monday and got offered a place on the spot which have accepted. Anyone else going MMU?

nice one, congrats! i've applied but i'm not sure if i'll get an offer though

TheDoctor.
04-12-2013, 06:34 AM
I have been accepted into my uni business computing course. Will be starting in September 2014! I am looking forward to it in some ways but in other ways im not quite sure about it. But its only a foundation course so it will help me get into the right course I really want to do.

Zelda
04-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Just had my reply from Cambridge a few minutes ago, got an offer from them for Maths, A*AA and 1's in STEP II and III

karter
04-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Just had my reply from Cambridge a few minutes ago, got an offer from them for Maths, A*AA and 1's in STEP II and III

Yay! Congrats

Phil
04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm hoping to do Hospitality Manager in WIT next September, I'm super excited!!

Matthew
04-01-2014, 12:51 PM

wow congratulations :D! Best of luck with the STEP papers, I've had a look through them and they seem incredibly difficult :P. You just need to approach maths in a slightly different way I suppose :P

I got an offer from LSE a few weeks ago so I now have offers from LSE, Bath, Warwick and Newcastle. Just waiting for Exeter :l
Also got through to the final interview stage of a job/uni 'sandwich course' with KPMG. That'll be my first choice as they will pay all my uni fees and accommodation fees, as well as a salary of ~£18k for 6 years (the course is 3 years work, 3 years uni). Fingers crossed!

lRhyss
04-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone coming to Newcastle Uni/Northumbria Uni? :P

Accounting and Finance at Bath or LSE hopefully

Top choice though is a job/degree with KPMG at Durham Uni. 6 years (3 of uni 3 of work), they'd pay my uni fees and accommodation fees and pay me a salary of £16-20k per year for the 6 years.. And if I get a first or 2:1 then I'd have a guaranteed job at the end too. Too good to turn down really, hope I get in! :(

My friend does something similar at Durham I think, so I wish you the best of luck :) Plus Durham is like the best place ever, the people in Krispy Kreme give you free doughnuts at the end of the day if you go in regularly instead of throwing them out :P:D:)

Shar
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM
wow congratulations :D! Best of luck with the STEP papers, I've had a look through them and they seem incredibly difficult :P. You just need to approach maths in a slightly different way I suppose :P

I got an offer from LSE a few weeks ago so I now have offers from LSE, Bath, Warwick and Newcastle. Just waiting for Exetetr :l
Also got through to the final interview stage of a job/uni 'sandwich course' with KPMG. That'll be my first choice as they will pay all my uni fees and accommodation fees, as well as a salary of ~£18k for 6 years (the course is 3 years work, 3 years uni). Fingers crossed!

wow well done Matt that's amazing, I hope you get it!

Amberr
04-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I've applied for Adult Nursing. Got offers from Southampton and Manchester so far, still in shock as I thought the interviews couldn't of gone worse ha! So happy when I found out, especially with Southampton as I think that will be my first choice! I've got an interview for nottingham at the end of the month and still waiting on Cardiff...

- - - Updated - - -

thats amazing! well doneeee

- - - Updated - - -

I got an offer from LSE a few weeks ago so I now have offers from LSE, Bath, Warwick and Newcastle. Just waiting for Exeter :l

that sounds really good, best of luck! im sure you'll get in :)

Kardan
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Got my interview for Leicester Uni on Thursday, not looking forward to it, since I never had to have an interview the last time I applied.

Matthew
17-01-2014, 04:38 PM
just got a call from KPMG and I've passed all the tests/interviews etc and they've offered me a place!

I believe the offer is unconditional too, so happy! :D

Phil
17-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Woo congratulations Matt!! It's odd how you get offers around this time in the UK. We have to wait until August and then start in September..

Absently
17-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Woo congratulations Matt!! It's odd how you get offers around this time in the UK. We have to wait until August and then start in September..

I know yeah, you all of a sudden just need to rush and attempt to move. You need to be given more time tbh!!

I've had one offer so far and I'm pretty happy with it :) waiting on the rest to reply

-Amyy
21-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm stuck between art, tv/film production and astronomy but I have another year to decide

Jurv
21-01-2014, 10:09 PM
forgot to update but i've had all my offers so i just need to decide which one i prefer as they're all conditional with similar requirements. i think my first choice will be edge hill but i'm waiting until i go to the open day in march to decide fully, so exciteee

Cassiieee
22-01-2014, 12:06 AM
I want to go back and do beauty.

lawrawrrr
22-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Hopefully a PGCE if I get offered. Later in life a PhD in Classics/Greek and Roman Civilisation :)

Eric
22-01-2014, 08:29 AM
petroleum eng
chem eng
bio medic eng
comp eng
banking

haven't decided yet

i'll consider doing social sciences after getting my eng degree or just get master for eng if i still have time and money but it probably won't happen

Matthew
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
just got my 5th uni offer, from exeter. so I've got LSE, Warwick, Bath, Newcastle and Exeter....

... now to reject all 5 :P (A)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!