PDA

View Full Version : Science Homework HELP

MilksAreUs
07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
On this sheet I have here, my teacher said we need to do it. It says as following,

"Expo (or World's Fair) is the name given to a large exhibition which different countries show off the things that they do best. Expos are held all over the world, although not every year. Each one has a theme. There are plans to have an Expo in the UK at some time in the future. One possible theme is 'The science of architecture through the ages'. A competition will be help for people to design a 'pavilion' (building) to represent the UK with this theme in mind.

Your task is to design a pavilion. You should think carefully about what the pavillion will look like, what it will be made from and what impact it will have on the environment. You should use your scientific knowledge to explain why you designed the pavilion as you have.

On the back of the sheet, there is a 'level ladder'. I dont really know how to start this, or lay it out? Any help would be fab, thanks :) Tag me using @MilksAreUs (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=101522);

Moved by Dilusionate (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything" as you might get some more help here.

MilksAreUs
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
On this sheet I have here, my teacher said we need to do it. It says as following,

"Expo (or World's Fair) is the name given to a large exhibition which different countries show off the things that they do best. Expos are held all over the world, although not every year. Each one has a theme. There are plans to have an Expo in the UK at some time in the future. One possible theme is 'The science of architecture through the ages'. A competition will be help for people to design a 'pavilion' (building) to represent the UK with this theme in mind.

Your task is to design a pavilion. You should think carefully about what the pavillion will look like, what it will be made from and what impact it will have on the environment. You should use your scientific knowledge to explain why you designed the pavilion as you have.

On the back of the sheet, there is a 'level ladder'. I dont really know how to start this, or lay it out? Any help would be fab, thanks :) Tag me using @MilksAreUs (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=101522);

Moved by Dilusionate (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything" as you might get some more help here.

Bump! :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't pointlessly bump threads.

Jaiisun
08-10-2013, 09:33 PM
What is your actual task? It's not clear what you have been asked to produce?

MilksAreUs
09-10-2013, 02:57 PM
What is your actual task? It's not clear what you have been asked to produce?

She didnt even explain, this was all she gave us, we have to design a house or something? We have to name the materials we will use and why they are good etc :(

MilksAreUs
12-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Bump

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't pointlessly bump threads.

e5
13-10-2013, 07:42 AM
MilksAreUs;

From what I know about 'Pavillions' are that they are usually associated with sports buildings, like a cricket club? or for this example you could create a pavillion for a sport, so design the building to be sports orientated... Glad im not at school anymore to have to really think about this :L but i'm guessing from the task, you draw the building and note down what materials it's made from and what effect they will have on the environment, which i'm guessing you've already learnt?

MilksAreUs
13-10-2013, 09:23 AM
MilksAreUs;

From what I know about 'Pavillions' are that they are usually associated with sports buildings, like a cricket club? or for this example you could create a pavillion for a sport, so design the building to be sports orientated... Glad im not at school anymore to have to really think about this :L but i'm guessing from the task, you draw the building and note down what materials it's made from and what effect they will have on the environment, which i'm guessing you've already learnt?

Thanks, and yes, we've touched on them in class, the teacher said "You will have to do some research yourselves" so...

Gibs960
13-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I would've thought it was something to do with building it to represent the country, like elements of big ben, the shard, globe thearte, that sort of thing. But that's just my take on it.

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how this relates to Science, but from some general knowledge about World Expos, I know that the Eiffel Tower was originally designed for the World Expo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposition_Universelle_%281889%29.
I think the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne was also designed for a World Expo but I'm not to sure.
I'm not clear if your teacher wants you to design a pavilion that showcases scientific discoveries that the UK is notable for, or have a design that reflects something scientific that the UK is known for..
Or maybe your teacher means explain the engineering of how the pavilion will be designed.

I would clarify with your teacher about what she is looking for specifically since the question is quite general. Maybe she is just looking for something creative. Do you have a marking rubrix?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!