PDA

View Full Version : Yr 9!

OMGitsaROSS
05-09-2005, 07:54 PM
im going into yur 9 and am finking bout options :o

i need to do
English Math Science
i wanna do ICT and Drama and PE

i wnna b an ICT blokey, that programs stuff (ie sulake person) but not working for sulake, that kinda job. any other things i shud take?

Eamonn
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Well im going year 9 too and these are the subjects you have to do

Maths
Science
English
R.S
French of Spanish
P.e
P.S.H.E

And im choosing I.t,drame and Design technology

Carlos
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Good luck :)

ilovejordan
05-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm taking drama too :p

Pulchritudinous
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm going into year 10, I have..

English, Maths, Science, Short course of Religious Education.
P.E once a week.

Art, History, German.

I just realised how boring this year is going to be.

Eamonn
05-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Dont you have to do P.E and all everyone has to do that but you can choose 2 do it as a gcse an all though

.Lynn
05-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Grade 8 = Year nine right?

If so Im going to year nine

//Lynn

Pulchritudinous
Dont you have to do P.E and all everyone has to do that but you can choose 2 do it as a gcse an all though

Yeah I forgot, you get an hour of that every week.

Dan Williamson
im going into yur 9 and am finking bout options :o

i need to do
English Math Science
i wanna do ICT and Drama and PE

i wnna b an ICT blokey, that programs stuff (ie sulake person) but not working for sulake, that kinda job. any other things i shud take?

If you can take GNVQ I.C.T and go onto college doing web design and computer programming.

Pulchritudinous
05-09-2005, 10:38 PM
If you can take GNVQ I.C.T and go onto college doing web design and computer programming.

Oh god, don't take GVNQ I.C.T, we started that in year 9, and it was painful, I only completed two tasks in the first unit, it was so boring, I couldn't help but mess about.

I used a statue of a naked man for my business card logo.

Dan Williamson
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh god, don't take GVNQ I.C.T, we started that in year 9, and it was painful, I only completed two tasks in th first unit, it was so boring, I couldn't help but mess about.

I used a statue of a naked man for my business card logo.

Yes it may be boring but you get another I.C.T grade therfore it's easier.

Pulchritudinous
05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes it may be boring but you get another I.C.T grade therfore it's easier.

I suppose it's good for those who are heading down that road in the future, but I'm not.

Magnet
05-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Good luck mate :D

Eamonn
05-09-2005, 11:37 PM
We have to do 2 hours standard =[

And im heading down the road of drama more then It , I want to be an actor or a director see but if my differences change i will most likely go in computer buissness

Not-Thrilled
05-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Random note. eamonns your signature should say "Note to habbox members:" as you're attempting to show off I think.

Dan Williamson
05-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Computing is wicked if you get a job as a web designer or programmer u can get like 40 grand a year.

Eamonn
06-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Random note. eamonns your signature should say "Note to habbox members:" as you're attempting to show off I think.
no because anyone could of got an interview with a decent application plus i will forgot as i start school again this week so that will be on my mind and i dont want to forgot it as its at the end of the week

sally37
06-09-2005, 07:37 AM
im going into year 10 today :( i did't pick any options cos im gonna be in this group cos of my special needs,i know we should do maths and english but im not gonna do this science this year!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

year 9 is fine i think year 9 was the best year for me

Heart Break Kid
06-09-2005, 07:38 AM
same here and i dunno wat im doin

brunojrthechao
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
If u wana sit in a office all day with a bunch of Nerds (but highly payed nerds none the less) It's the one u wana pick.

im gonna do It up to a certan level to get me a good enough job which dosent involve siting in an office all day!

Pulchritudinous
07-09-2005, 04:59 PM
If u wana sit in a office all day with a bunch of Nerds (but highly payed nerds none the less) It's the one u wana pick.

im gonna do It up to a certan level to get me a good enough job which dosent involve siting in an office all day!

I agree, sitting in an office everyday would just bore me to death.
I want something more challenging, even if it doesn't pay as much.

Victimized
07-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Im in Year 10 and i chose:

History
ICT
Art
German

If you wanna work for a company like sulake take graphics aswell.

Detox
08-09-2005, 05:43 PM
This year I am doing

French
German
History
Geography

+ the Compulsory subjects

Lindzi
08-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Just started year nine lol and I will never understand options lol but can somebody please explain to me which ones you have to choose and which ones are optional and stuff like that lol :D

Clarissa
08-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Grade 8 = Year nine right?

If so Im going to year nine

//Lynn

In Canada
Grade 8 = Year 8
Grade 9 = Year 9
Grade 10 = Year 10 ......

And we have to take triple science evil... :( and we have to take French and Latin and German or Spanish - 3 Languages, they take the pee :@

BlueTails
08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Year 9 Is Craaaap So Far

Clarissa
08-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Year 9 Is Craaaap So Far

Seconded.

Eamonn
08-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Just started year nine lol and I will never understand options lol but can somebody please explain to me which ones you have to choose and which ones are optional and stuff like that lol :D
you should get a booklet in about feb and the teachers should of explained it by now

Victimized
10-09-2005, 04:00 PM

If you live in UK, it's somethin like this. (It might change the year you take your options, but this is what it was for me;

COMPULSORY:

Maths
Science
English
R.E (You have to do a lesson of this, people can take it fullcourse and get 2 GCSE's but everyone has to take it shortcourse and i think it's one GCSE)
P.E (Same as R.E, you have to have atleast one lesson a week, although some people can take it 4 lessons a week)

Optional:
D.T:
You can take one of these:
ICT
Graphics
Resistant Materials
Woodwork *I think theres another one too*
Food Tech
One of these:
History
Geography
R.E
Humanities

And two out of this list:
French
German
Art
P.E
Business Studies
**Theres a few more, but my mind has gone blank
again***

It changes from school to school. But this is a rough guide. My old school did Media Studies and Spanish, but my new school doesn't so i dunno
And there is a thing called Helath And Social Care which is worth something like 3 GCSE's and it is mainly coursework and no tests or anything. I think if you take that though, you can't take history,geography etc etc

Hope this helps.

Eamonn
10-09-2005, 04:03 PM
At my school you have to do all the compulsory like you said and its a catholic school so we have to do full r.s course

and then you choose

Either food tech or design tech

And then choose 2 other subjects

Victimized
10-09-2005, 04:06 PM
At my school you have to do all the compulsory like you said and its a catholic school so we have to do full r.s course

and then you choose

Either food tech or design tech

And then choose 2 other subjects

Food Tech! Thats the one i missed out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!