PDA

View Full Version : How many places have you visited?/Want to visit? & Do you speak any other languages?

Conch
18-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Hello all,
I'm curious if anyone on the forum has ever been abroad, and travelled to different countries.
If you haven't, where would you like to visit?
And do you speak any other languages, other than English? If so, would you visit the country specific to the language you learnt? :)

I, myself, have always lived in the UK, but my dream destination to live and work would be Sweden.
I'm going on holiday there soon, but from what I've read and heard over the years, it's a lovely country.
around 90% of the population in Sweden speak English as well.

A country I would probably not visit is Russia.
I also speak a few languages, I speak basic Swedish, Bahasa Indonesia/Malay (A lot of users on Habbo speak Malay)
I've also really wanted to learn Polish, Spanish, & several other languages :)

I would also LOVE to visit either Thailand or China :)

What about you guys/girls? :P

Kardan
18-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Talar du Engelska?

I would love to live in Sweden, it's cold, and it seems like a great country all around. I only know about 2 or 3 sentences in Swedish since I had a Swedish form tutor 9 years ago now - and back then we had 'Alternative Curriculum' lessons, and she taught us Swedish :)

As for countries I've visited, only America (and Wales if you want to count that :P)

Zak
18-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I've visited a lot of countries when I was younger but I don't really remember them.

I more recent times (past few years) I have been to America, Egypt, France and Turkey.

buttons
18-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I've been to Spain (Vigo, BeNidorm 2x, Cadiz,Seville), France (Marseilles, Toulon), Gibralter (dk if counts as Spain) Italy (Livorno and Rome), Portugal (Lisbon), America (Orlando)

id really like to visit Greece! but other than that im happy to travel anywhere

-Moniquee.
18-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I've been to Japan/ America (Cali, Mexico, Hawaii), England, Wales and Ireland.

I would love to do a tour all around Europe. Something on my bucket list is to cruise the Greek Islands.

I speak a bit of Japanese, I would love to learn more though.

MKR&*42
18-12-2013, 01:47 PM
France like 3 times, spain once, ireland once and malta once.

I think thats itttt. i wanna go to Australia at some point :P

Zelda
18-12-2013, 02:41 PM
france a few times on school trips nd stuff, greece once, italy once

that's about it. I'd love to go to somewhere like norway/sweden where it's nice and cold though and absolutely want to visit antarctica at some point in my life.

i sort of speak a bit of french from gcse french which i got an a in, but that honestly wouldn't get me far so just english i suppose :P

Charz777
18-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Been to the USA 10 times, travelling different states. Some are lovely where I’d really consider moving to. Others not so much. Went to France a few years ago, wasn’t really a fan. I’d like to see Italy, Monaco, Finland and most especially, Greece.

Aiden
18-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Not many places lol.

Wales.
Turkey a few times.
Greece.
Spain.

That's it. :'(

CrazyLemurs
18-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Oh wow omg love threads like these
I've only been to like tourist spots over western europe like france and a few greek islands (yes that isn't western europe shut up :l) but I'd love to go to Japan as a gap year or something
Unfortunately, I don't know enough Japanese and I can't really read it or write it well at all, but I think I speak enough to get my message across

Jurv
18-12-2013, 08:25 PM
i've only been scotland lol

and there's lots of places i wanna go but i'd love to go somewhere nice in america

Calum0812
18-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Been to Spain once but apart from that, no where exotic. Ireland (omg that accent) and France mainly ;)

Sloths
18-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Well I moved across the world for one to nz but while I was there I went all over Britain. Went to places in France, Spain, America and Lanzarote. Haven't actually been to Aussie unless you count connecting flights which is a bit weird being so close. I'd love to go back to America and England again and Canada and in all honesty would love to move to/back to one of them as nz is a bit constricting...

eet
18-12-2013, 11:06 PM
I live in the US (ny) nd I've been to Italy, England, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, and the Czech Republic

Liva
18-12-2013, 11:19 PM
I haven't been out of Australia, but I've been to most of the states. :)

Red
18-12-2013, 11:27 PM
I've not been many places but there's loads I want to visit though!
England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland
Uganda x2
Poland
Majorca
Italy

Ekelektra
19-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I've only been overseas to Germany (Heidelberg, Munich, Dresden, Frankfurt, and Berlin) with a school group. We also had one day in Salzbug, Austria. And then I've been to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates but only on a stop-over haha so we didn't even get out of the airport.

In Australia I've been everywhere in Victoria, and many of the popular places on the eastern side.

My number one travel destination is New York, and then I also want to go to California, Washington DC and some other places in the US, London and Paris. Oooh and Berlin again.

Drunq
19-12-2013, 11:16 AM
I've visited France loads and I can speak fluent French and I've lived out there and stuff. I know couple of words of Polish, German and Sweedish. I have friends irl from there and online. I can pick up Spanish and Italian well, Italian more for me. I wish I could visit America though. But tbh living on this side of the world, I only ever know Europe and it has much better history by far since it's been around longer than America :L. So would love to explore all of Europe before I set off out of this area :L

Favourite countries for many reasons eg. Food, language, culture, life, beaches, partys, fun fun fun fun fun fun

France
Spain
Sweeden
Denmark
Germany
Switzerland
Belgium
Luxembourg
Italy

Not sure about the Eastern Europeans lol

Tyrell
24-12-2013, 01:24 AM
My Dad was Russian and my mother is a Norwegian-Swede...

Spent the first few years of my life in Russia. Then my parents split up. My mother moved to South West England with my brothers, and my Dad moved to northern Sweden with me. I spend time in both countries each year...

I have been to Norway (cousins live there), China, Mongolia, Finland, Spain, France, Germany, Oklahoma (USA), Italy and Malta

i would really like to go to Japan, Ireland and New York... if any of u r from theses places you can come to either of my homes and pretend to be me whilst I go to your house and pretend to be you

it'd be a right laugh

Chipmunks
24-12-2013, 05:05 AM
speak spanish
have only gone to different states! which are Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona!
and would love to visit Florida, California, New York, and Wisconsin oh and Las Vegas (again) ! :D

karter
24-12-2013, 06:11 AM
I've been to Cyprus, Much of North India and Nepal (the Himalayas basically), USA (NJ and NY)

Would love to visit Europe and Atlas mountains in Africa and Canary Islands and ah also Australia maybe :P

lemons
24-12-2013, 10:47 AM
France (5 times - all Paris)
Spain (3 times)
Germany (twice - Mainz and Berlin)

These I have been to once;
Ireland
Cyprus
Australia (Sydney)
Wales

so yh

Eric
25-12-2013, 05:52 AM
been to Singapore ( cause it's so near that i could just take a bus ), China and Thailand

planning to go india, vietnam, cambodia, turkey, australia, new zealand and so many places actually i just wanna travel around the world but i must visit Japan and Egypt

i speak Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, English, a little bit of Hainanese, Japanese and Indian, ya i'm pretty messed up with languages atm

Shar
25-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I've visited where my mum and dad were born and also Turkey.
I speak one other language fluently and one kinda although I fully understand it.

!x!dude!x!2
25-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I've never left Canada but I've been to New Brunswick in Canada :P

i really wanna go to Las Vegas :)

and i can speak french

Cassiieee
14-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I've been to, France, Scottland, Wales, Spain, Portuguel, Brazil, Only around Europe, Never been out.

I can speak Spanish and English.

Hannah
14-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I can only speak English fluently and have only been to France.

I would love to one day visit America, maybe even live there - but I also like the idea of moving to Scotland more because the Scottish accent is beautiful and there are some very pretty places.

Phil
14-01-2014, 05:24 PM
I have been in:
Ireland
England
Wales
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Florida
Baltimore

Going to Spain again in May with my girlfriend and I'm hoping to learn some Spanish when I start college in Sept.

Absently
14-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Been to England, Wales, Northern Ireland (if that counts :P), Majorca, Tenerife, America (Boston (school trip to go skiing), Florida, Key West(my mum and step-dad own an RV in Florida)), Turkey LOADS (my mum had two houses over there, but sold them and made one over there instead). I'm not sure why I've never been to Scotland lol, but I might be living there come September so that'd be cool! My mum is probably gonna move to France in the next couple of years and I'd quite like to go there! I'd lovelovelove to move to Australia or America, but I know it's pretty expensive to move my doggies and I don't want to leave them behind :(

Sho
15-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I've been to:
England - several times
Ireland - once
Spain - 12 times I think
France - twice

I can speak Welsh and English. I can understand some French when others speak it, but I can't really speak it myself.

Shar
15-01-2014, 09:51 PM
2 countries outside the UK and I speak one other language fluently

I want to go to Dubai, Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia

David
15-01-2014, 09:59 PM
estoy aprendiendo espaƱol

OldLoveSong
16-01-2014, 10:19 PM
been around canada, the states, and the Caribbean ( dominican republic to be exact, twice) would like to visit florida and go to universal studios and maybe cuba might be my next tropical trip

Zak
17-01-2014, 12:53 PM
France
Cyprus
Gran Canaria
Majorca
Turkey
America
Egypt

I can only speak English

karter
17-01-2014, 01:22 PM
I've been to Cyprus, Much of North India and Nepal (the Himalayas basically), USA (NJ and NY)

Would love to visit Europe and Atlas mountains in Africa and Canary Islands and ah also Australia maybe :P

Oh and besides English, I can speak Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, a little bit of Kashmiri and Garhwali

- - - Updated - - -

i speak Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, English, a little bit of Hainanese, Japanese and Indian, ya i'm pretty messed up with languages atm

Indian?? There are hundreds of Indian languages, which one are you talking about :P

Shar
17-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Oh and besides English, I can speak Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, a little bit of Kashmiri and Garhwali

Wow that's impressive! I can only speak bits of urdu and hindi but I can understand them pretty well.

Eric
17-01-2014, 01:51 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Indian?? There are hundreds of Indian languages, which one are you talking about :P

Tamil :P

JACKTARD
18-01-2014, 07:15 PM
I've visited the typical holiday destinations in Europe like the Canary Islands, Paris, The Alps etc. I've been to New York and Vermont too :).

Hoping to live abroad when I finish uni though - possibly France, Canada, or New Zealand if I save enough pennies.

And as for the languages I speak French fairly well.

-:Undertaker:-
30-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I really want to drive through the deep south in America lately..... rodeo, blazing sun and barn dancing - what's not to like?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/Map_of_USA_Deep_South.svg/300px-Map_of_USA_Deep_South.svg.png

The Don
30-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I haven't been to that many foreign countries, been to France, Greece, Belgium(on route to Amsterdam), Amsterdam and Tunisia. (Obviously been all over the uk but i'm not counting that!)

Really want to go to the US, South Korea and New Zealand.

-Amyy
02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
I can only speak English :(

I've been to Spain a few times, Turkey, America (New York), Paris and a few other places but I don't really them because I was young

I really want to travel a lot when I'm older, I want to visit a lot of places in America, Hawaii, Italy (cause I'm half Italian) and Australia. And I really want to live some place in America when I'm older too, preferably Texas

.red-bleu.
07-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I've visited Belgium, Germaney, Spain, France, Italie and sweden.
Would love to visit eastern europe and Asia.
The only languages I speak are dutch, english and I understand german.

Ailurus
07-02-2014, 12:43 AM
I've visited Auckland, New Zealand, Adelaide, Anaheim, and Menorca.

despect
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I only speak English sadly but i've always wanted to learn Spanish.

I'd love to go New York as I've never been there.

Martin
07-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Places I've been to:

England
Isle of wight (idk if that counts as a country or not)
Ireland

Favourite being Ireland as its where ma best friend lives

Languages I can speak:

English (sometimes)
a bit of German

Lewis
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I've never actually been on holiday or anywhere out of Scotland. I'd love to visit Florida (or anywhere in America!)
I only speak English.

I think I already posted in this thread but oh well :P

Brad
10-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Places I've been:
America (I live like 3 hours from the border)
Canada (because I live here :) )
China (I went there for about a month)

I know how to speak English, a bit of french and a bit of Mandarin.

I would love to go to the UK. I really want to backpack across Europe. A lot of my friends have went and I would love to do it myself!

Evanora
17-02-2014, 12:43 PM
I can speak English, French and Russian :)

Learning Arabic and German

e5
17-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Only been to Tenerife and Amsterdam lol. Live in England, don't speak any other language fluently

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!