PDA

View Full Version : Happy Last Year! - Ends 8th January

Phil
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/68/happy+last%20year

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you all had a fantastic year last year and I hope this year brings many happy returns to you all! I didn't realise how fantastic my year really was until I put it all into words and now it's time for you to do that same! Hopefully yours makes you feel as lucky as I do after writing mine.

For this competition, I want you to write about the year you've had. Put your entries below in the thread and the person who gives me the best description and best insight into their year will be considered for the winner.

At the beginning of this year I was very busy with shows! I had a show in February and another one in April so until they were over I was constantly rehearsing, but I don't mind that in the slightest because it's what I really love doing. In January I met Kelly and Jake and have hung out with them loads ever since! In April, Martin came over to see me for the second time and we had a blast. In May, a musical we did in 2012 was nominated for the Best Musical in Ireland and we won! In July I ventured to Cardiff to meet Shoned, Alex and Mike for the very first time and I met Martin for the third, this was by far the highlight of my year, such a great experience and it was so nice to meet a group of people who hold a special place in my heart, thank you so much guys. November was a very busy month for me, I graduated and I had two shows which meant a lot more rehearsals. Martin even came to see one of my shows and I was lucky enough to meet him once again!

Since then, it has been very busy with work but I ended the year the exact same way I started it which was with my beautiful girlfriend and I couldn't be happier.
Good luck & Happy New Year!

Prize: 5 credits + 15 rep
Click here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=791966&p=8059610#post8059610) for more information about prizes

Empousa
03-01-2014, 03:02 PM
My year!

To start it off, I got back into college for the spring term - something I love to do beyond anything. Sure, there were some kids in the course (by kids I mean sixteen going on three) but for the most part it was brilliant. During the year I was busy roleplaying, came up with the latest twists and turns for my characters' respective storylines, and started to write my own book! The idea was already forming before then of course, but at the start of the year I finally buckled down a bit and started writing it. The usual stuff happened - coursework, cooking, coursework, teasing one of our tutors, coursework - but there was something different to when I started back in September 2012 - it was made known to the college that me and one of my coursemates were boyfriend and girlfriend. We had our first unofficial date in February, watching Wreck-It Ralph. (Only reason it was unofficial is because my sister came to watch too.)

After my birthday, we had Functional Skills assessments, all of which I passed at Entry Level 3 - my first proper exams since Primary school. We had a final outing before breaking up for the summer, during which I had to go back (late June) to show some students-to-come around the college. Nothing really eventful happened until around August, with the one big change: I made my return to Habbo after having been gone since 2010, and subsequently with Habbox. I became a trialist Events Organizer during the Summer Spectacular, which unfortunately only lasted a week as at the time I couldn't handle the pressure.

However my experiences with Habbox Staff applications were yet to be over, as I was on an - at the time recent - on-air competition Are You Smarter Than a DJ?. I was then contacted by Jammy, who reckoned I would make a great DJ. I then managed to obtain the programming required, before applying to become one. I managed to get on the team by the 23rd of September, on a two week trial which I managed to pass. I've been growing more and more confident each show I've hosted, and where I am today is a great start: nearly three and a half months on the DJing position.

The trial starting coincided with one of my college days, and I've only had about a week where I couldn't actually get on the air due to being occupied with a great milestone in November: my mother's 50th birthday, the highlight of the year by far. We had a meal out, four days of celebration, and half-term at college to top the week off! Right after the day it was back to college and DJing business, with the tutor that myself and my boyfriend teased - and subsequently got teased by - last year getting the chance to embarrass us in front of a new face: a student getting brought over from another course onto ours.

December struck, and on the last days of term - the week before Christmas - we had a blast in our sessions:

Monday: We chilled out with board games at the start, before going out to a lovely meal at a pub/restaurant combo. Had my first taste of a mocktail (first time I shared a drink with my boyfriend as well, as it had two straws), and before we started eating our tutor opened a Christmas card signed by everyone in the course - staff and students. After the meal I got a hot chocolate which had so much whipping cream on it it looked twice as tall as the mug itself! We got back to the college, and while some were doing their work I (as somewhere along the line on the one sick day I had, our tutor decided to misplace some of my work in his office and needed to find it) pretty much had a day off of doing any work at all.

Wednesday: Started off with Bingo in our maths lesson, had a small game of charades before finishing by singing some Christmas songs (including but not limited to All I Want For Christmas, Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) and Merry Christmas Everybody). I hung back after the lesson and our tutor and I got into a duet with The Fox by Ylvis. The second session we had a speaker come in to talk about things that I probably shouldn't mention on here, but instead spent half of her talk on internet safety. After that session, our final tutor of the day actually gave us a Christmas quiz - which I managed to come first place in!

Friday: A nice chill out day and another game of Bingo, but this time instead of winning chocolates we won actual useful and long lasting items like a hat, a pair of gloves, even some nail polish! I managed to win two games in all, and got a scarf and the nail polish. Also during that day I got a pack of Cadbury's Wishes from one of our coursemates, and we pulled some crackers in the classroom before receiving a present each from our course leader! We then finished up with a film (The Nightmare Before Christmas) before our day was officially over.

Christmas was a bit different for us this year, as we were on our own for the holidays - me, Mum and our foster dog (whom we got on Good Friday this year). We watched a lot of films (still have some catching up to do with what we've recorded!) including a couple of DVDs that Mum got me for Christmas, before we settled down at the very end of the year with our traditional celebration: a cup of tea, and BBC2 on with Jools Holland's Annual Hootenanny!

And that brings an end to my crazy year. ;)

(Apologies if you have to go through this and be like TL;DR.)

Drake.
03-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah my year was pretty good.

Cerys
05-01-2014, 01:04 AM
justgonnaassumetarahaswon:O

Ok yeah, my year started off with me being addicted to habbo/x, never coming off of it except for a toilet break.
Then I met the wonderful girl that is Izzy..she was just too funny ok. Oh and I went skiing in Italy with school! I fell over about 17 times on the first day despite being in the top group..oopsies hehe. It was such a fabby week.

Ok then nothing happened at all for ages.....oh but then exams arrived :( I thought I did really well in law and got really optimistic however as August showed...I got a C :( retaking it this year thouuugh!

Then nothing happened for ages

Then I got into a relationship *wow* and it was going so well *until yesterday ;o * but then life took a turn for a worse which ended me up in hospital and having to see a psychologist. It's quite fab how stuff suddenly changes from great to awful isn't it.. :( but yes after that was over with it was christmas! got a soldering iron which was fab ;)

Then finally new year arrived at which I got quite drunk (y) the end xo

Oh did I mention I asked out my friend, he said no *3 times mate* however whenever he takes me out for a drive we end up cuddling/kissing. I just dont get guys. I mean, if you want to do that you should've said yes to me !!!
Gosh. I don't understand guys, please explain how you think to me, Phil! ;)

May not seem detailed but that is truly all my year. So eventful isn't it eh? ;)

goodnight xo

TheJokerEffect
05-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Huh, Where to start,

I started the new year, well i actually cannot remember :( Well by then it was February then school started which i always dred because it is a new year same people but didn't make my stomach feel any better. I of course was still playing Habbo but not with Habbox just yet ;) i was just wondering around the hotel, then i found an agency that I took a liking to the moment i stepped in called NBI (Nation Bureau of Investigations) there i decided to join made my way up and up with a lot of friend making during my time there made best friends and enemies and then best friends into enemies which is always sad, then i met the most AMAZING person named Jordan <3 I love him to bits forever and always :) . School went on and on until around my Birthday June 30th where i actually HAD a birthday (to fill in for about 4-5 years i haven't been having birthdays cause they always got ruined with some rubbish the family has) Then i think it was July, when NBI closed sadly, but i transferred to the new open NOA owned by DJscarp i was 2iC there, and i loved it but as any other agency it has issues, then sadly it closed after couple of months open, well then i quit Habbo until September when i felt like i betrayed Jordan and ditched him so i came online one day and about 2 weeks later, I joined up with SS (Secret Service) and on the 14th October 2013, i got accepted as a Habbox Help Desk Trialist [YAY!!] and 2-3 weeks after that (because of issues of people resigning) i finally past my trial for Habbox Help Desk. An excellent achievement that i have ever done would be on the 11th of October 2013, I FINALLY told my best friend that i was in fact Gay, while telling him, i was sweating like crazy my heart was pounding i was on the brink of tears, then i heard the words, "Thats great man!" I was so freaking relieved that he didn't toss me to the curb or beat me, and one step at a time i told my other best friend (who'm i got a crush on, lol) and he was perfect with it, then things started to change for the worse, I actually started to get bullied because of me being Gay, i found notes within my locker 3 in total crying every time i read it, i just couldn't believe someone would do that to me, or anyone for that matter. However on a lighter note, i actually accomplished something in 2013 and i damn proud of it! 2013 was, nay IS my best year ever! Nothing else special happend after that, but I'm glad to be apart of a community that accepts people for who they are. ^_^ :) And i love it here.

Hannah
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
At the beginning of 2013 I wasn't in a great place. I had lost sickening amounts of weight, had trouble sleeping and felt mentally and physically drained. While I worked 14 hour physically-charged days at least, I ignored my health problems to the stage where I was passing out. The job I worked out was horrific and unprofessional. Obviously pubs aren't the most professional of places in the first place, but when a different rumour is spread about you each week and the manager gets involved - it's a lot of crap to deal with. I was unhappy, but at that point I didn't have the energy to care and needed the money.

I finally got out of that place in May, with a new job lined up. That fell through and by July I was unemployed. By that time, I began focusing on my health and I improved a lot. Until December, I was continually looking for jobs and going through several medical tests. I finally found my current job and I absolutely love it there. I was starting fresh in a new town, a completely different environment and with a few great people. I picked up the job and company system within the bureau de change quickly and already I am training a member of staff - while we only have three staff and our supervisor, my supervisor will come to me about decisions for the branch and he said I was basically second in command!

From then on I made decisions for my life - I'm going to work my way up in the growing company, with several people putting in good words for me in head office and higher positions. I'm hoping to eventually join the training team and travel to the new branches to help train the new staff. So since December 16th I have been looking forward and not back - to a greater, happier and healthier life. I now just have to wait and see what this year holds. :)

IzzyUhh
05-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Okay um
Well the beginning of the year is actually some what of a blur, I have a terrible memory and cannot remember few parts of it, All i remember is my birthday and i got a few band tees from it then went tgi fridays, But only memories from pictures.
I'm happy I Can't remember It because I know it was a bit of a tough time i spose.

Okay soo Junee&July I'm getting ready to finish exams and bring on the summer and having no confidence it was horrible because I HATE wearing shorts so I would go out in the blazing heat wearing Skinny Jeans & a short sleeved tshirt, But I bought a good deoderant :D August time I thought to myself I'll return on habbo again, So I did just that and noticed there was a few popular rooms, First was a kick the ugly, Where I met 2 people, Shan & Charlie, They we're lovely people but lost contact. Then Inoticed the habbox help desk and someone was talking about the forum so I checked it out and signed up on the 2nd of august! Then Habbox summer spectacular started and I was very new to this and joined the red team which later on won, I Noticed how entertaining the events were, and on air comps so I applied to be a DJ, and I Passed my trial During the beginning of september and hxss came to a close around a week before. September went fine with returning to school, exams, reviseing, homework, and djing! I think beginning of october I got promoted to Head DJ & Applied for events and passed after the two week trial. Less than a month later I was no longer head dj & barely did events because I was focused irl due to my mum getting more headaches, and feeling more Ill than usual but me and my dad were looking out for her :D

November time and again It's slightly a blur because I want to forget about it, Got into old things I didn't want to & Didn't plan to, But I remember staying up late on tumblr counting down the days till christmas.
DECEMBER THE MONTH OF WHICH IT STARTS FEELING CHRISTMASSY and the one i will remember the most.
Has a lot of exams, From French, To English exams & still am focusing on that! Counting down the days to christmas gets more and more exciting for me every year, and I LOVE christmas so my attention kind of got focused on that and lala.
CHRISTMAS HAD COME and it went quicker than usual and then before I knew it, it was new year! New years never really entertain me because it's just sort of saying BYE BYE LAST YEAR but this year I enjoyed it. 2013 Wasn't much of a good year for me OTHER than meeting all of the lovely people i have met at habbox, You guys have really made an impact even if it's big or small, You have made me laugh, and Smile :D

!x!dude!x!2
06-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Well i got a wonderful girlfriend but then it sadly ended. but then we got back in October so life is all great

!:random!:!
07-01-2014, 07:10 AM
I remember starting the new year with a bang :) i had only just started going out with my boyfriend, a few days before that new year.
It was perfect, all of a sudden i had gone from a nobody to a somebody! All of 2013 i was happier than ever, which seemed impossible, because the year before my dad had only recently passed away. My boyfriend made me smile everyday, no matter what.
I got a different friendship group in 2013 as well, this made me very happy as my new friend's never got me in to trouble! The rest of my year just flew by really, as most days id be doing my course work in school and then coming home and seeing my boyfriend.
Am happy to say for the first time ever on 31st December 2013, at midnight i went in to the new year in another house... And that house was my boyfriend's, Am really happy overall to still be with him! I now bring a secret in to the new year from people that don't really know me well, but you will all find out one day! So to everyone that has read this, I wish you a happy new year and may it bring happiness and joy to your life :) x

NOTE: ( this may not be written in great English, still got to learn written text in class yet.)

Liva
08-01-2014, 12:13 AM
My year (Short edition)

I started grade 11, Did FOH for a few school performances (which is a big thing for me and my anxiety!), got a skin condition (pityriasis rosea) which lasted almost 6 months, celebrated my birthday and my 2 year anniversary, finished school, received my results which were all above standard and celebrated christmas. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!