PDA

View Full Version : if you could change one thing about school what would it be?

Jurv
04-01-2014, 11:31 PM
if you could change one thing about your school/college/university what would it be?

it could be anything from the teachers, the food, the facilities, absolutely anything. go!

sex
04-01-2014, 11:35 PM
i would change it so the internet wasn't apart of my life as much
i hate it lol if i had something else to do i'd probably quit

Drunq
05-01-2014, 03:21 AM
I tots agree with Graham (sex) above.

Sent from my mobile - Check www.habbox.com/events for all our Events!

FlyingJesus
05-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd change it so I never had to leave

Hannah
05-01-2014, 02:47 PM
My behaviour in my first few years at senior school, and I wouldn't work myself to death through my second year at college.

karter
05-01-2014, 02:48 PM
i'd change the ridiculous tuition fee for unis

Kardan
05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I'd like to change kids opinion on studying Maths at further education. The UK has some of the lowest rates in developed countries for studying Maths past the age of 16, around 20%. Compare that with some east Asian countries that are around 90% and you can see why so many kids leave school with inadequate numeracy skills.

Jurv
05-01-2014, 02:56 PM
college: i would change it so you'd only have to take 3 as levels and 2 a2 levels

school: i would change the people and the courses i took and make them teach a wider variety

Empired
05-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Get rid of Michael Gove and replace him with someone who actually knows how to run the education system.

does that count

IzzyUhh
05-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Well at my school all the best teachers seem seem to leave every term, So I would get some good qualified teachers who will actually stay for a while, and can AT LEAST handle the year 7's

Also I wish we we're allowed to drink fizzy drinks.
They sell Oasis & fanta etc in the canteen, But we're only allowed to drink water in lessons.

Zelda
05-01-2014, 05:56 PM
i'd change the fact that sixth formers at my school have to wear uniform personally, or at least the ridiculous restrictions placed on us that are tighter than the people in year 7-11.

wouldn't really change anything else about my school though other than having them teach additional further maths too for a level

Absently
05-01-2014, 06:55 PM
better food in the canteen!!! get rid of those unhygienic oafs

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I'd change it so I never had to leave

this.

Phil
05-01-2014, 07:03 PM
better food in the canteen!!! get rid of those unhygienic oafs

Omg they are so disgusting!

Aiden
05-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Get rid of Michael Gove and replace him with someone who actually knows how to run the education system.

does that count

agreed... i think all of my teachers would agree with you too

LuciieOx
05-01-2014, 07:53 PM
change the ridiculously early mornings:<

Kardan
05-01-2014, 08:02 PM
change the ridiculously early mornings:<

And replace it with either later days or weekend classes? When I was in sixth form, I'd rather have early lessons so I'd have the rest of the day to do what I like :P

Aiden
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
I would also change the food... it's all nasty and greasy... they have a little basket of fruit in my school and it's like out of date :L

Arn't British schools like meant to only sell healthy things? Or is that like primary?

Kardan
05-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Did everyone have bad food?

At our sixth form canteen, we had some great food - and they'd always sell out so you had to be quick :P (And on the rare occasions they didn't sell out, free food :P)

LuciieOx
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
And replace it with either later days or weekend classes? When I was in sixth form, I'd rather have early lessons so I'd have the rest of the day to do what I like :P

Shorter lunches, shorter lessons, longer days. Also, interesting teachers might keep me awake too, i'm in 6th form now and it's easier because I am not in all day but i don't know how i survived. :)

Zelda
06-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Oh yea i'd agree with that too shorter lunches and no break so we could leave like an hour earlier or something like that definitely

Empired
06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Oh yea i'd agree with that too shorter lunches and no break so we could leave like an hour earlier or something like that definitely
I thought schools had to give children a break every x hours or something :( But I hate breaks too. You just stand around and get colder and colder while waiting for the bell.

Zelda
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I thought schools had to give children a break every x hours or something :( But I hate breaks too. You just stand around and get colder and colder while waiting for the bell.

ye i hate breaks too especially when i have enough frees as it is i hardly need like a stupid little 20 minute rest when you don't even have enough time to do anything. it isn't so bad for me i suppose though as standing around getting cold cause everyone in 6th form for us just goes and sits in the canteen pretty much

Empired
06-01-2014, 01:15 PM
ye i hate breaks too especially when i have enough frees as it is i hardly need like a stupid little 20 minute rest when you don't even have enough time to do anything. it isn't so bad for me i suppose though as standing around getting cold cause everyone in 6th form for us just goes and sits in the canteen pretty much
Yeah my 6th form has a Costa Coffee so we all just cram in there. But I remember breaks at secondary school being absolute hell.

Catchy
06-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Looking back I would've of changed a thing, school days were amazing and to think I thought I had it bad... It only gets harder once you actually leave. At the time though, I probably would've wanted to change a lot!

Ekelektra
06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
I would have changed it so everyone did the year 10 careers program. Because of the accelerated program at my school, half of the students do a kind of fun mixed with careers advice program every Wednesday of the year while the other half do it condensed into 5 days. Some probably wouldn't have cared but I think for me at least more advice on careers like writing resumes and doing work experience which we missed out on would have been really helpful.

Although the school has changed the accelerated program around so I think more fun mixed with careers advice is given to the other group. They're not so divided any more and aren't mixed with the older years as much which was also a problem.

But really beside that my school was pretty great. Sometimes they were slow with updating people on things but that was also being fixed when I finished.

What I would have changed about myself would be quitting Global Politics and taking up something else, maybe Business Management or History.

Shar
06-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I think I got the most out of my secondary school experience regardless of the fact that I didn't do exceptionally well academically. I received support when I needed it the most without making me feel completely stupid and students like myself that weren't getting straight A*s got recognition for trying. The only thing I'd change would be myself. I'd try harder instead of being socially awkward. I'd also change the canteen food.

Eric
06-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Probably the food at my school and fees for college and unis lol

Metric1
07-01-2014, 09:54 PM
The fact there is no ******* PARKING

Aiden
05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
What one thing would you change/add/remove to make your school better?

Mine would be projects. Like more drama projects, music band performances, sports opportunities etc

Thread merged by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): As there is already a topic on this.

Shar
05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Communication with students

!x!dude!x!2
05-02-2014, 06:39 PM
change : the time (start and finish)
Add: more building stuff projects
Remove: most of the student

Derrener
05-02-2014, 09:36 PM
removing most of the now year 11s they were right little *****

-:Undertaker:-
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Discipline.

Daltron
05-02-2014, 11:19 PM
More open opportunities. My law school has this very inclusive nature where you barely get to compete in competitions and moots unless you're in an executive student position. I always see the same people given chances, Very unfair

Liva
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I'd change the fact that some of my classes have group tasks and I would definitely rather work on my own for many reasons, the main one being social anxiety and my hate for year 11s.

Charz777
11-02-2014, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to be nice to people who turned out to just *REMOVED* behind my back. In fact, there are people I wish I didn't have to put up with in sixth form, but they were part of our friendship group so I couldn't escape them if I wanted to keep my other friends.

Edited by iPhil (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter, thanks!

Matt
13-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Invest in proper aircon

GoldenMerc
13-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I wish I quit earlier...

Ailurus
13-02-2014, 03:47 PM
I'd go back to school just to see Turkey Twizzlers on the menu again.

Joshirin
13-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I'd like to change kids opinion on studying Maths at further education. The UK has some of the lowest rates in developed countries for studying Maths past the age of 16, around 20%. Compare that with some east Asian countries that are around 90% and you can see why so many kids leave school with inadequate numeracy skills.

You either love it, or hate it. I got mostly A*/A in GCSE aside from a D in maths, where I am re-sitting my maths in A2 for uni, I still hate it :l

Anyway, I'd change some of my teachers, they were awful and were uninspiring aside from my science teacher who was brilliant

Liva
21-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Not sure if I've posted yet, but I absolutely hate how one certain teacher of mine asks people to read out in class. It's ridiculous, no one wants to and then he assigns someone to do it. I feel like we're 10.
Also working in pairs. It may be necessary for some things, but if you're a teacher and someone really doesn't want to do it and voices that to you, accept the fact that they're willing to try and also probably do it in their own time in a more comfortable setting. :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!