PDA

View Full Version : Homophobia in School

Aiden
16-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey guys! A few months ago I spoke to my form tutor about the use of homophobic language around school and in lessons and she said she would tell my head of house about the complaint. A few lessons after, she told people off for using homophobic language but it still continued.

Now she doesn't do anything and neither does my school. I've told my tutor that the teachers are actively excepting the use of homophobia and do not punish the students behaviour. Each day I hear a lot of it.

So, my question, what should I do to try and make my school less homophobic? I know some of you might say that I should just shut up and not care but I do. It's kind of offensive and if it was racism than it would be punished.

I just want to make a nicer place, please don't reply if you have nothing useful to say. xo

+Rep for useful replies.

FlyingJesus
16-01-2014, 06:59 PM
You have two options

1) Go back in time and teach all of them from a young age that such language is offensive and has no place in a working environment

2) Go forwards in time to when they're old enough to not call everything gay

Aiden
16-01-2014, 07:02 PM
That doesn't really help...

Kardan
16-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Personally I'd just tell the teacher, if that didn't stop it - I'd go to the next person up (Head of department/house/year/key stage/headmaster) and keep going until somebody listens. Either that, or if it happens a lot just walk out the class and head over to whatever student support system your school has. They'll soon start listening if you keep walking out of classes.

Aiden
16-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Cannot rep you, I will when I can.

But yeah, I think I'll have to do that. I'm not sure about walking out of class though, I will be very likely to get excluded for that.

Yawn
16-01-2014, 07:57 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by iPhil (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other users.

Jurv
16-01-2014, 08:01 PM
are they actually saying something offensive or just using words out of context?

pretty much everyone at school calls things 'gay' you shouldn't get wound up, there's nothing you can do about it

Futz
16-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Usually most gays understand this

but in all honesty, most of kids in secondary school arent homophobic, people just use phrases like "that's gay" just as a substitute for like that's ****, that sucks, they're not really using the word gay in a homophobic way

it's the same when you call someone a ******
"you don't have to be gay to be a ******" - some comedian

karter
16-01-2014, 08:26 PM

but in all honesty, most of kids in secondary school arent homophobic, people just use phrases like "that's gay" just as a substitute for like that's ****, that sucks, they're not really using the word gay in a homophobic way

um you think "that's gay" sums up homophobic language??

Aiden
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I might start using racist words but I'm not racist... ner tbh maybe not.

But the thing that annoys me is that teachers do not do anything about it. I understand they cannot control everything but surely they can warn pupils.

And I know people do not mean it in an homophobic way. Some of my friends (well, people I get along with) use the language and they arn't homophobic.

Sorry I just don't think it should be socially excepted.

- - - Updated - - -

REMOVED

You're the type of person I'm talking about. It's actually really sad that even you cannot take some topics seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that make it right?

Yawn
16-01-2014, 08:36 PM
my point is ur being too sensitive stop complaining about nothing

Aiden
16-01-2014, 08:38 PM
“People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn't stop you from having your own opinion.”
― Anne Frank,

To me it does matter. It's upsetting to be called daily. I'm sure some things upset you 2 (if you do have a heart inside that iron coating).

Yawn
16-01-2014, 08:53 PM
jesus christ this forum does my head in i wasnt even being rude
he was being a sissy and he is gay its not offensive or rude to say that

God
16-01-2014, 09:03 PM
“People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn't stop you from having your own opinion.”
― Anne Frank,

To me it does matter. It's upsetting to be called daily. I'm sure some things upset you 2 (if you do have a heart inside that iron coating).

Wonderful Quote and I feel for you Love!
subo; Maybe for your Birthday this year we can get you a heart. This is a touchy subject, and you making it worse. If you dont have anything to contribute don't at all and just quit. That includes love, jobs, Habboxforum, and ofc life. -looks at watch, taps foot-

Anyways Aiden, the only thing you can do is try to ignore it as much as possible. If anything is being directed at you, or another kid, then this time (lets kick them in the shins instead of your teacher lol) jokes aside, just tell your teacher, if not then go up the list. Also is there something like a GSA (Gay str8 alliance) Club at your school? we've got them at almost all our schools in Nova Scotia ik but idk about yours. But ye go there and talk with them or if there is a LGBT youth group like http://www.youthproject.ns.ca/ .

Jurv
16-01-2014, 09:05 PM
oh my god

as if this thread could get anymore embarrassing.. dragga and skandair just stop

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Anyways Aiden, the only thing you can do is try to ignore it as much as possible. If anything is being directed at you, or another kid, then this time (lets kick them in the shins instead of your teacher lol) jokes aside, just tell your teacher, if not then go up the list. Also is there something like a GSA (Gay str8 alliance) Club at your school? we've got them at almost all our schools in Nova Scotia ik but idk about yours. But ye go there and talk with them or if there is a LGBT youth group like http://www.youthproject.ns.ca/ .

I see what you mean but I just feel that the teachers are responsible for how wide spread it is. Another student shouldn't have to challenge a possibly dangerous student because teachers are not doing their job and creating a safe environment.

Thanks though! :D

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god

as if this thread could get anymore embarrassing.. dragga and skandair just stop

I don't see what your problem or purpose is in this thread?

God
16-01-2014, 09:09 PM
jesus christ this forum does my head in i wasnt even being rude
he was being a sissy and he is gay its not offensive or rude to say that
guna tlk lke dis so u lyke noe wht i am tlkng abot. if u cal some1 gaye n a sisy den dey dnt lyke tht cuz its lyke rly rude n ye. u call sme1 nems dey dnt lyke tht cuz it rlly rude

SO basically stop calling him rude subo. I can see why people kill people after reading the repulsive posts by you. All you do is judge people and in one way or another make fun of them. STOP IT NOW your almost as bad as Evanora or Ben.

oops can seomone join this to my last post, thought they would join together since it was b4 the 15m time limit

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you mean but I just feel that the teachers are responsible for how wide spread it is. Another student shouldn't have to challenge a possibly dangerous student because teachers are not doing their job and creating a safe environment.

Thanks though! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see what your problem or purpose is in this thread?

Ye cameron, if you have a problem with lgbt people or this thread, just simply pass on and look at another thread. Noones forcing you to look at this.

Yes Aiden I do believe that its the teachers job to deal with this. but as someone else said on the first page, just keep going up the list. Untill u can get someone to listen. Also get your Mom or Stepdad to call the school because normally they will get their butts working if Parents are involved.

Yawn
16-01-2014, 09:20 PM
u even said urself the ppl saying it arent homophobic so wat is ur issue
ur not going to change every pupil in ur skl

also shut the hell up dragga i dont talk like that maybe evanora and ben wouldnt harass if u didnt try and start arguments over nothing. i didnt say anything and u r attacking me y do u think they bully u idiot

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:24 PM
My issue is it's offensive and wrong. I don't go school to be considered worthless and rubbish, just as most people don't. I want to learn and it's off putting. I don't want to change everyone - I want teachers to do what's right.

God
16-01-2014, 09:25 PM
u even said urself the ppl saying it arent homophobic so wat is ur issue
ur not going to change every pupil in ur skl

Well its like people saying the N-word. Don't matter if they aren't racist, its the meaning behind the word. 100's of years of slavery, much terror, much death. The hate, the disgust of these gentle people.

Jurv
16-01-2014, 09:25 PM
oh come on, as if you aren't anything but a brat in every other thread. don't try and act superior skandair!

the people at your school aren't being homophobic, they're just using the word 'gay' in the wrong context. and yes i know that isn't right and they should learn to use appropriate language but wherever you go you're gonna hear language like that, there's nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it from being used. yeah, people might learn over the years but you shouldn't be offended by it, just ignore them and carry on with the rest of ur day

unless they are being homophobic towards you or someone else that you failed to mention in thread

Yawn
16-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Well its like people saying the N-word. Don't matter if they aren't racist, its the meaning behind the word. 100's of years of slavery, much terror, much death. The hate, the disgust of these gentle people.

:S
wat...r u being sarcastic?

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Sorry but I won't just let people use that language... and you're completely avoiding my main point. The teachers should do something.

And I know I'm not the most mature person but I'm just trying to express my opinion. I thought you was a bit more mature...

God
16-01-2014, 09:29 PM
:S
wat...r u being sarcastic?

no...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I won't just let people use that language... and you're completely avoiding my main point. The teachers should do something.

And I know I'm not the most mature person but I'm just trying to express my opinion. I thought you was a bit more mature...
Ikr though habbox was full of mature people. guess some slipped through the cracks....
Anyways the least a teacher can do is say "Don't use that word its offensive n rude" or something like that idk
My math teacher will always do this. Even got mad at someone for saying this joke lol.

What do gay horses eat? HAAAYYYYYYYYY What do lezbian horses eat? Grass.

Jurv
16-01-2014, 09:32 PM

me mature? you've got the wrong guy lol!

yes the teacher should do something but it's hard for them to do anything if they don't witness what and how it's being said

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Trust me, my teachers clearly hear this. Even when talking to a teacher they say ******, gay-boy and that's so gay. How can I teacher expect me to get good grades for their reports if I cannot walk into a classroom without being considered rubbish and crap.

Yawn
16-01-2014, 09:35 PM
no1 is being immature...
its not directly causing u an issue its just a word and its not being used in a hateful way, its not right but its not a big deal either

like i said ur teachers probs think ur a pain in the ass

God
16-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Trust me, my teachers clearly hear this. Even when talking to a teacher they say ******, gay-boy and that's so gay. How can I teacher expect me to get good grades for their reports if I cannot walk into a classroom without being considered rubbish and crap.

If you go as high as you can, and still no luck. Then go to the media, find ur local news station or newpaper.
Pretty bad as you've had to deal with this before and your the one who got in big trouble.

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:37 PM
My teachers or fellow students are no better or worst than me. If a teacher thinks that then they best keep it to themselves... just as students should keep that to themselves.

I think you're missing the point that it's still hurtful.

Futz
16-01-2014, 09:38 PM
all im saying is just take the meaning out of the word
all you got is a noise

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:40 PM
all im saying is just take the meaning out of the word
all you got is a noise

Great point! I call you some mean swear words but it's okay because you take the meaning out so no warning for me! :D

and Tyler, I think if I talk to my new head teacher she will listen. She doesn't really have a choice because my mum will be fairly upset and make a complaint... she's also a new head teacher.

Yawn
16-01-2014, 09:40 PM
ur overreacting

and ur local newspaper isnt going to give a flying **** that 13 year olds r saying THAT'S GAY or UR A GAYBOY and the teacher is sick of saying "dont say that" ur being a crybaby

Futz
16-01-2014, 09:42 PM
sorry just jokes how this is a thread

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Subo can you just go. You're not helping anything and you're trying to be annoying (well, I hope so). And lmfao my local news paper hate my school.

Futz
16-01-2014, 09:44 PM
honestly wondering now, what kind of language do you mean when you made this thread like throw a few phrases at me

Aiden
16-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Anything homophobic
Use your imagination!
What would you say when you're angry? ARGGG!!!!! :L

Futz
16-01-2014, 09:50 PM
this thread is gay man

Yawn
16-01-2014, 10:06 PM
im not trying to be annoying im deadly serious

Jordan
16-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Unless it's being directed at you there isn't much you can do because it's just how most people of our age use the word gay. In college it's said daily and I don't take it offensively, we all have a laugh really even the teachers. However if it is being directed at you then just keep talking to the teachers.

but really i think you just need to realise that it isn't said to hurt anyone. no one is really being harsh in this thread its just the truth tbh.

Kardan
16-01-2014, 10:24 PM
this thread is gay man

Damnit, you said it before I could.

When I posted earlier, I thought people were saying things directly to you, not stuff like 'This work is gay...' - you can't do much about that I'm afraid.

FlyingJesus
16-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Just gonna chime in here and state that even if it's not directed at him it's still a slur. If you said "I hate this **** of a book" it's still racist because of the negative connotations you're adding to the phrase. Doesn't mean it ought to necessarily be censored but saying that it's just a word is a terrible argument

-:Undertaker:-
16-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Reminds me of....

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lavjobCCaK1qcmny4o1_500.png

How about getting over what's being said and just getting on with learning Maths and English which is what you are there to do rather than attempt to change the language of 500 to over a thousand pupils?

If there's bullying against you then that's a different matter, but general use of words you don't like? Get over it, as Stonewall are keen on telling everybody else.

Charz777
16-01-2014, 10:51 PM
I totally agree what you say about racism. There is so much protection, and rightly so, against racism, so why isn't homophobia taken as seriously?

If your teacher isn't dealing with it I'd go higher. If it was me I'd cut out the in between and go straight to the head. It might sound like an old-fashioned, perhaps geeky suggestion, but I'd write a formal letter outlining the issue and how it offends you and others and get it sent to the head. He/She may do something about it or may suggest that you start some sort of awareness campaign. It really depends how actively involved you want to be in stopping homophobia or if you would like it to be fixed without your input so it's discrete.

I don't really know what else to suggest. Hope this helps and that you find a solution :)

17-01-2014, 12:43 AM
I totally agree what you say about racism. There is so much protection, and rightly so, against racism, so why isn't homophobia taken as seriously?

Well to be fair there is a difference - much of homosexuality is mainly a behaviour whereas being black or being white isn't a behaviour. Homosexual acts (not homosexuality itself) are done ultimately by choice, your skin colour isn't a choice.

Yawn
17-01-2014, 12:48 AM
gay is a choice

cornbix
17-01-2014, 12:56 AM
oh shut up winging skandair, you don't shut up!! you big fairy.

Eric
17-01-2014, 01:57 AM
there's nothing much you could do about it, i go to school everyday being called something racist but if that didn't affect me in any way then i don't really care about it cause there's nothing you can do to change so many students unless it's heading to some extent where bullying occurs and whatnot. And frankly, nobody knows you're gay unless you're dating someone in your school or telling everyone about your homosexuality as you only go to school to learn :P

Aiden
17-01-2014, 07:01 AM
That's pretty terrible Eric... :(

But I know you go to learn but it's upsetting and I'm sorry but a few HabboForum members telling me to shut up or get over it won't help. :) I guess I will just have to talk to my head teacher... if she doesn't do anything then I will get my mum to right to the governor people.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of....

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lavjobCCaK1qcmny4o1_500.png

How about getting over what's being said and just getting on with learning Maths and English which is what you are there to do rather than attempt to change the language of 500 to over a thousand pupils?

If there's bullying against you then that's a different matter, but general use of words you don't like? Get over it, as Stonewall are keen on telling everybody else.

I'd rather be like him then accept it. :)

http://cdn.newadnetwork.com/sites/prod/files/styles/gallery/public/article/thats-so-gay-ou-pas-155153.jpg

karter
17-01-2014, 07:29 AM
get this "get over it" dirt off this thread

maybe people are legitimately offended by these words man if you don't identify with them or have an inability to analyze a situation maybe you can just shut up about it. fine this could be an overreaction but if your advice is "get over it" or "suck it up" then your advices are real ****** if you ask me

Liva
17-01-2014, 07:39 AM
So you don't like the slang word, it's not actually abuse directed at you? Unfortunately that's a word incorporated in language these days and I don't think they're trying to insult you. You want them to stop using that word, but imagine if you were made to stop using the word.. 'good' or something else that you often use in everyday conversation. It would make you uncomfortable too.
I'm not really sure what I'm saying here. :/ sorry. but unless its directed to hurt you, you can't really go insane over it.

Can I just point out that one of the original meanings of the word gay was 'immorality', in the 17th century. So they're kind of using it in the right context if you look at it from a different perspective...

Aiden
17-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm not just talking about gay lmfao. Gay, bender, ******, fairy, gayboy dyke, poofs, batty boy, etc...

If everyone just thought that it should be left like that, it will be forever.

I'm glad to know that some of you would rather know that people are using homophobic words than advising another person to do one thing which could stop in in lessons...

But everyone has an opinion...

e5
17-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Why don't you confront the student. Maybe hit them, then the teachers would have to investigate why and you may be heard (that's what I'd do anyway...)
That doesn't really help...

Eric
17-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Why don't you confront the student. Maybe hit them, then the teachers would have to investigate why and you may be heard (that's what I'd do anyway...)

i don't think it's worth it, if you're unlucky you'd get yourself hurt, they'll press charges against you or you'll get kicked out of school

i think Charz pretty much summed up everything that you can do if your teachers are still ignoring the issue

Liva
17-01-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm not just talking about gay lmfao. Gay, bender, ******, fairy, gayboy dyke, poofs, batty boy, etc...

Wouldn't the rest of those be only used in direct insults? The only one I've heard used is 'poofs' and yeah if you're overhearing that I can see how it would still hurt you, the rest sound like immature and petty names and I'd be laughing at them. Although I'm in a different part of the word to you guys soo..

Charz777
17-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Well to be fair there is a difference - much of homosexuality is mainly a behaviour whereas being black or being white isn't a behaviour. Homosexual acts (not homosexuality itself) are done ultimately by choice, your skin colour isn't a choice.

Okay, yeah, I see what your saying. But a lot of people say that their sexuality isn't a choice. I wouldn't be able to speak from experience as I've never had to question my sexuality; I've always known that I was straight, but similarly, can't a person have always known they were gay and that they didn't choose to be gay any more than I chose to be straight? OHH! Okay, misread what you wrote. Okay, so you're saying homosexual acts are a choice, but not sexuality. Okay, so if someone is subject to offensive language/behaviour because of their sexuality alone, then that's a problem, because they may not even be having sex or doing anything sexual, they are just gay and that's why people are being offensive, regardless of what they do with respect to their sexuality, people are going to be judgmental on the grounds of the sexuality alone. And, to be honest, why should they be judged for acting on their sexuality? In an environment like a school- I kissed my boyfriend on the school field and that was fine, so why isn't it okay for a guy to kiss his boyfriend or a girl to kiss her girlfriend on the school field? Why must they be judged?

I guess my outlook on it is I'd view it as a form of bullying, and I'm very anti-bullying on the grounds of; what gives anyone the right to make someone's life difficult? No matter what the situation, I think all forms of bullying; whether it's violence or just words making someone feel uncomfortable or going on to offend them should be dealt with. But I'm moving kind of off-topic into a whole new one now so I'll stop :P

FlyingJesus
17-01-2014, 02:17 PM
LAL IF WURD GET USED A LOT ITS KK 2 SAY IT TRAIDITION OVA INDIVUAL RITES GET OVA IT!!!!!!

buttons
17-01-2014, 02:20 PM
I said gingers were gross in front of gingers but it's ok because it wasn't directed at them so y should they care?? if u use gay as a way of insulting someone then you're attributing homosexuality as a bad thing.... y shouldn't he get upset?

Yawn
17-01-2014, 02:33 PM
skandair r ppl calling U specifically these words or r ppl just calling each other (their friends) these words as banter
if they r calling u these words in a malicious way then its bullying. otherwise its just wat children do and there is nothing that can be done and u r being a crybaby sorry. growing up ppl will be immature and jokingly insult each other even if the person isnt gay and i bet they call each other horrible disgusting words which r not homophobic as well its just wat happens at skl and at that age

FlyingJesus
17-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Once upon time lynching black people was "just what happens"

Gina
17-01-2014, 03:34 PM
That's pretty terrible Eric... :(

But I know you go to learn but it's upsetting and I'm sorry but a few HabboForum members telling me to shut up or get over it won't help. :) I guess I will just have to talk to my head teacher... if she doesn't do anything then I will get my mum to right to the governor people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather be like him then accept it. :)

http://cdn.newadnetwork.com/sites/prod/files/styles/gallery/public/article/thats-so-gay-ou-pas-155153.jpg we have posters of that all around our school and llike 3 other diff ones

Aiden
17-01-2014, 04:02 PM

I will get in trouble for that... it won't look good haha.

Wouldn't the rest of those be only used in direct insults? The only one I've heard used is 'poofs' and yeah if you're overhearing that I can see how it would still hurt you, the rest sound like immature and petty names and I'd be laughing at them. Although I'm in a different part of the word to you guys soo..

All of them are used against other people and things... :)

skandair r ppl calling U specifically these words or r ppl just calling each other (their friends) these words as banter
if they r calling u these words in a malicious way then its bullying. otherwise its just wat children do and there is nothing that can be done and u r being a crybaby sorry. growing up ppl will be immature and jokingly insult each other even if the person isnt gay and i bet they call each other horrible disgusting words which r not homophobic as well its just wat happens at skl and at that age

I don't get called like every day but I'd say once a week but I'm not talking about that. And they say it about a variety of things... they say it to their friends, teachers and people they don't like. I don't feel it matters in which manner you're saying it - just that it shouldn't be said (unlike it's gay in a correct way).

MKR&*42
17-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I still call people gay as a random insult like that and I don't see any kind of problem unless said person tells you to stop calling them that. If people are completely cool with you calling stuff "gay" and another word that rhymes with maggot, then great, but if they tell you to stop then you need to respect that - which is the situation at hand in this thread. The use of the term 'gay' in that context is clearly annoying him for a decent reason and he feels victimised or w.e. by people calling him that, therefore a teacher needs to step in and do something jfc.

Red
17-01-2014, 04:52 PM
If they are directly calling you names like gayboy etc then yes but you are gonna have a hard time preventing people from saying that's so gay. Does your school have any assemblies/lessons or stuff like bullying? If you feel so strongly about it, why not ask your teacher to do one on homophobia and phrases like that.

Yupt
17-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Depends on the school. Mine was fine, nothing ever really occurred, if someone came out whilst they were still there or even after they left then people would genuinely be supportive and never tease, if anyone did behind their backs quite often they'd be shut down by people around. Of course people still used the word "gay" to describe things they didn't like and such, but I don't think it had any connection to homophobia other than it shares a word.

Aiden
17-01-2014, 05:55 PM
It's still homophobic... ;)

It shares a direct connection!

e5
17-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I will get in trouble for that... it won't look good haha.
Not if you can justify it :P If I was being racist to someone and they hit me, they'd have a pretty good defense :P

BlueEyedSarah
17-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Create posters and ask to post them around the school to contribute in stop homophobic bullying, maybe take it outside of the school phone someone higher up and see if you can get people in to do a talk about homophobic bullying.

Cassiieee
17-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Juat give back as much as they give. Keep your head high and try to not let it offend you. There's noway you'll be able to top a whole school from being homophobic. So, just try to avoid it, tbh. ;/

j0rd
18-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Create posters and ask to post them around the school to contribute in stop homophobic bullying, maybe take it outside of the school phone someone higher up and see if you can get people in to do a talk about homophobic bullying.

that's so gay

lRhyss
18-01-2014, 11:30 AM
In my old school We had a system where even if you used the word gay, you'd get reported, it really did help because if you got reported 3 times the police got involved lmfao

mrwoooooooo
18-01-2014, 12:11 PM
this thread is ridiculous. stop trying to make everyone else's conversations about you.

Yawn
18-01-2014, 12:53 PM
In my old school We had a system where even if you used the word gay, you'd get reported, it really did help because if you got reported 3 times the police got involved lmfao

gay as hell

18-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Why is it that Stonewall and a lot of gays keep telling us to 'get over' homosexuality when it's seemingly they who are the one's completely obsessed with shoving it down everybody elses throats? Constant signs on the sides of buses (with the other side of the argument not allowed to be aired), taking Christian couples to court just because they happen to think homosexuality is immoral, holding embarassing gay pride parades through our towns and constant propaganda being fed into schools via posters and assemblies. I'm sick of hearing from them.

As it happens, I use so-called 'homophobic' language like thats gay or ****** as do my mates. And i'm gay. The more I hear politically correct moaning on it, ridiculous comparisons to the treatment of blacks and constant Stonewall whinging then frankly the more i'm likely to use it just as a wind up + exercise of my freedom of speech.

Some people are gay: deal with it.
Some people don't approve of homosexuality: deal with it.
Many people will continue using what words they see fit without giving a damn what Stonewall think: deal with it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!