PDA

View Full Version : Do you talk in class?

Daltron
22-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Ie. actively participate in answering questions and contributing to discussion?

I don't, I am usually quiet

MKR&*42
22-01-2014, 10:20 PM
In college I used to take the bullet in sociology and biology and german cause i actually knew what the **** I was talking about and there's nothing worse than seeing a teacher start to boil with rage cause no-one is participating.

In school I can't recall, with most of my other college classes not really as I was never that smart in maths and philosophy it was like a battle between EVERYONE to get a chance to speak so I just gave up.

Futz
22-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Not really unless I'm asked directly or if it's one of those awkward moments where the teacher asks the whole class something and nobody says anything

LoveToStack
22-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Only if the lecturer is begging for an answer or some indication that anyone is paying attention / understanding the material and absolutely no one else is throwing them a bone.

Even then it's a fine line though. I've made the mistake in the past of fielding the answers to lots of questions in tutorial sessions where no one else has done the bloody work and then you earn a reputation. Not just among the others in the group but with the tutor as well. While it's a good thing to have the tutor know you're shifting your weight, it's not always ideal to have them know they can call on you to have done the work week in week out when no one else has.

wixard
22-01-2014, 10:44 PM
yeah i did a lot but the older i got the less i'd talk, i probably talked the most around 14/15 i remember when i had geography and i'd literally be the only one in the class to participate, where it got to the stage my teacher would actually say 'anyone but tara'

now in uni i don't because they usually ask you to expand on your ideas and im like NO

e5
22-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I was just a little **** when I was in school

Yupt
22-01-2014, 11:03 PM
lol yes i was terrible in class, i used to talk literally through every lesson :( probably why i learnt nothing lool

Sho
22-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Nah I stayed quiet unless I was asked directly, which happened a lot since I was quiet sigh.

Gina
22-01-2014, 11:33 PM
yeh i do
i used to be really quiet in year7 but now i dont really care because if i get the wrong answer or say something stupid people just laugh at me so doesnt really bother me

Yawn
22-01-2014, 11:37 PM
no i absolutely h8 it

Jordan
22-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Yes I do now and always have done. Remember a little while ago looking through my old reports from when I was little to even last year and it keeps saying that I should shut up.

but i cant and never will

Phil
23-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah I did when I was in college. I did Childcare so I normally had something to say, had a lot of views, theories that sort of stuff. I think to get involved in discussion in class is the best way to learn and to remember things

Kardan
23-01-2014, 12:32 AM
No in school, Yes in sixth form, No in University :P

Inseriousity.
23-01-2014, 12:48 AM
I got better, I contributed a lot in uni and got a reputation for being a hardass and asking the difficult questions. ngl I don't mind a reputation for that.
In school though, I never dared because I was always scared of getting it wrong and looking like an idiot. Plus I could think it and if it was right I'd still have the good feeling without any of the embarrassment so it worked out nicely.

Absently
23-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Never ever in primary school or secondary, I was sooo shy even if I was dying to ask a question I wouldn't. Generally I will in college though, as my class is very casual and we all just sort of have a conversation about what were taught

!x!dude!x!2
23-01-2014, 01:36 AM
depends on which class
in my first class i dont talk because i dont like anyone in it
but in second class i talk a lot

Matt
23-01-2014, 02:33 AM
I don't really answer questions, I just let someone else answer. If I'm asked one directly most of the time i'll give it a go. I talk too much and I struggle to shut up when talking to other people lmao

despect
23-01-2014, 12:36 PM
When I was in school I used to find it really hard to talk because I never knew what to say, but i started gaining confidence from year 9 onwards then there was no stopping me! :).

Eric
23-01-2014, 03:22 PM
talking to classmates - sometimes, answering questions - once in a while

-:Undertaker:-
23-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I used to talk in class.

But I generally did my work so... yeah.

Jurv
23-01-2014, 09:20 PM
not unless i'm being asked a question

i hate it when its always th same people talking too i just wanna tell them to shut up

Cerys
23-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Nope

My teachers actually used to bring my mum in quite frequently and complain about me not answering/asking questions...so silly haha

Zelda
23-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I never did particularly other than in lessons with my best mate, but this year in year 13 i'm constantly chatting really cause each of my lessons have one of my best mates in them, and last year and this year in maths i just gave up being quiet and answer all the questions really since i'm the one who knows the answer so what's the point in not saying it lol,

Aiden
23-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Erm... oftenly.

Teachers tend to pick me a lot... mainly because I'm one of the only people who do anything lol.

Today, it happened three times. My Business teacher asked me to answer the question when no once volunteers, my drama teacher made me read the mark scheme out and my maths teacher asked me to expand the question lol...

I was like "Is it 2g to the power of 4 plus g to the power of 3" and people just gave me dirty looks like "You little **** face I hate you." but yeah...

and sometimes i offer to answer questions... mainly in English when we do debates and stuff

Josh!
26-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Oh hell yes, all the time. My teachers don't care. Cause my classmate and I talk to are on top of class with like 90's lol.

Shar
26-01-2014, 12:22 AM
I don't contribute a lot in class unless I am directly asked.

-Moniquee.
26-01-2014, 12:32 AM
If I have a question I will ask it. I talk a fair bit.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!