PDA

View Full Version : Second term in University

-:Undertaker:-
14-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Yeah..... is it just me or is second term in University always so much better? I actually enjoy the lectures, understand the subject more easily and pay attention. The tutorials are also much more interesting too.

This is my second year and it's the same again. Had a philosophy lecture and a politics tutorial today and really enjoyed them both compared with the start of the year where I just didn't want to go into university in the slightest.

Is it just me? :P

Kyle
14-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I think it's to do with getting a feel for your subject(s) and having honed your skills as an independent learner, knowing what pitfalls to avoid and what learning styles best suit you. I guess that only applies loosely to anywhere beyond first year but every semester is a new learning experience to embark on that you just have to embrace and enjoy as much as possible.

1st semester is finding your bearings really in any given year and learning to cope (again) on your own and semester 2 just I guess is whre u become comfortable as your own person.

i LOVE my second semester, first was boring as hell and I barely got any work done

Inseriousity.
14-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Depends on the modules. My first year, second semester (had this really interesting module about educational ideologies). second year, second semester (designed my own curriculum, that was fun in a geeky way). third year my first semester (creative writing module and tearing to shreds emotional intelligence) had the better modules in it so it bucked that trend.

Shar
14-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I think I''m enjoying this year a lot more than the first.

Red
14-02-2014, 06:38 PM
No way lol for me the first semester always had the more enjoyable classes for all of my years.

Daltron
14-02-2014, 10:39 PM
My first year first semester was an absolute mess because I was so clueless no building proper routine for study and still learning how to properly do legal research.

Second semester was WAYYY more fun because I could concentrate on the subjects more and get into it from the get go and not have to worry about honing basic skills.

Chug!
17-02-2014, 01:50 PM
I've loved my 2nd term lectures so far! term 1 was borin'!

Yawn
17-02-2014, 02:24 PM
no cos i start to get bored again and just stay in bed

wixard
17-02-2014, 03:52 PM
no, i'm so over uni i can't wait to finish

i go a lot more now though as exams are approaching

lawrawrrr
17-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Changes from year to year - I loved first semester this year, preferred second semester last year.

I think it's mainly to do with weather as well though. Can't wait until it's sunny here!!

lRhyss
17-02-2014, 06:32 PM

This exactly

dirrty
17-02-2014, 06:52 PM

shhhhhhh, i miss uni so much! the 3 years went so fast, that now the past 7ish months have zoomed past. i just wanna go back to complaining about doing my essays and whether i'll have enough gin for the weekend :'(

wixard
17-02-2014, 09:16 PM
shhhhhhh, i miss uni so much! the 3 years went so fast, that now the past 7ish months have zoomed past. i just wanna go back to complaining about doing my essays and whether i'll have enough gin for the weekend :'(

i still have my final year and then my masters to complain through! i love being a student really
my friend just started a full time job and it looks scary and tiring and you can't blame being hungover for being late

Kardan
17-02-2014, 09:23 PM
I've never noticed a difference between semesters, but if anything, 1st year is fun, 2nd year is ok, by the final year you can't be arsed with anything and want it to all go away.

Charz777
18-02-2014, 12:33 PM
No. Second semester is always horrible. They always put the hardest modules at the end of each year. And by then you can't be bothered. I'm in my last semester and it's horrible!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!