PDA

View Full Version : Are you for or against school uniform

Sanwhiches
15-02-2014, 11:51 PM
I am for, what about you? Discuss!

Empired
16-02-2014, 12:34 AM
For! School uniform makes it so much easier to just get up in the morning, put your clothes on without having to think and go. Having to decide what to wear would be so stressful, especially for people who already have trouble with bullying and things. It's just much easier for everyone.

James
16-02-2014, 12:41 AM
I see both sides of it tbh.
I'm all for having a school uniform if it's like, a jumper a top, black trousers and nice shoes. but when schools go OTT like tie jumper blazer and badge.... it all gets a bit much.

So simple uniforms, yes.
OTT ones, nope.

MKR&*42
16-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Without uniform I found myself more relaxed in school for some reason, but I definitely support it being in place. Especially as I know how judgemental people can be over clothes and I'd rather not see people being ''bullied'' over the fact they might be poor and can't afford many decent looking clothes etc.

And tbh some school uniforms can be nice and smart and I think people look better in them.

lemons
16-02-2014, 01:51 AM
for

Daltron
16-02-2014, 03:35 AM
for

Landon
23-02-2014, 01:21 AM
I am for school uniforms. I actually went to a private school, it made us look very organized and neat.

Charz777
04-03-2014, 11:33 PM
For.

1. It's so much easier than finding something to wear.
2. It makes most students neat and presentable (except those who can't dress themselves of got muddy at lunchtime).
3. I think it's good for school representation.
4. It's better for students who come from less well-off families so they don't have to be embarrassed by not having all the latest trends. Plus it's stops the snobby kids showing off.
5. Students can be more focused on their work rather than discussing their outfits.

We didn't have uniform in sixth form and I wish we did. But I like dressing smartly, so... :P

despect
04-03-2014, 11:33 PM
I can see both sides, when I was at school it was just a jumper, shirt, trousers & nice shoes then just after I left they started bringing in blazers and I think it was just too over the top like Elliot Viba; pointed out. I guess a uniform is there to represent the School so i'd always say there should be a uniform but no blazers or anything fancy or over the top.

Gina
05-03-2014, 01:57 AM
for :P
not a fan of school uniform but i'd hate having to put out clothes everyday and people look a lot smarter in uniform anyway lmao and idk you cant really get picked on for your uniform because the people who are picking on you are wearing the same uniform lol so not like theyre able to say anything really
at my school its a bit silly like you arent able to wear just your jumper, you have to wear a blazer on top or no jumper and no blazer which is sillyyy but yes
for for sure

Rachel
05-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Well I am not a fan of uniforms but it depends the style and color lol. Although I rather wear my own clothes. I do not care what other people thinks about me really.

Lanyon
06-03-2014, 12:48 PM
I've had to wear school uniform through all of primary and high school. (Year K to Year 10)
There was no school uniform in college (Year 11 & 12) and I don't have to wear a uniform now that I'm at Australian Business Academy :) Although we do have personalised ABA jumpers for the winter which is awesome! :)

Okay, so I've experienced both sides of this, wearing school uniform sure is easy, there is no need to choose what to wear in the morning, everyone wears the same and it's stress free. The only real let down of school uniform is that it might be uncomfortable, low quality, too formal, too much effort, etc.

Being a male, I don't worry about this so much because I usually just wear any T-shirt with jeans if I don't have to wear uniform. If I do have to wear school uniform then I'm not going to complain so much, although I went to schools that had a pretty slack and easy uniform, meaning that I didn't have to wear a tie or belt and ugly socks. Perhaps I was lucky?

I cannot speak for the ladies when it comes to not having to wear school uniform, however but I have heard how much they stress about it on Facebook statuses, ex-girlfriend, you just hear it.

In some countries, there are schools with ugly school uniforms, this is so when students travel to and from school, they are less likely to be targeted targeted by a pedophile. Also, students with school uniforms are easily identifiable if they become lost on a school excursion (field trip) or whatnot.

If you surveyed a range of people from different demographics & psychographics;

parents SHOULD be FOR school uniform - main reason: Safety
male students would be AGAINST school uniform - main reason: Escape the discomfort & experience freedom
female students would be FOR school uniform - main reason: Not have to decide on what to wear every morning

soaf
06-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I am really against for school uniform because:

1. They will cost alot

2. Too much of wasting laundary supplies

3. a waste of time of extra cleaning

StevenWinehouse
09-03-2014, 05:56 AM
I've been in both sides.

My old school had a uniform in place, and honestly it didn't really help. It wasn't a strict policy, but it was a uniform policy none the less. Just a polo with Khaki or black pants. It didn't reduce the amount of bullying and it didn't reduce the amount of stuck up people showing off their new clothes. The reason why I say that is because with out uniform we had different brands. People with less money would go for the Walmart brand and those more wealthier would go for the more expensive options (American Eagle, Ambercrombie, Aeropostle, etc) so the stuck up kids would flaunt their expensive uniforms and bully those wearing uniforms bought from Walmart. Don't even get started on the shoes, people at my old school would thow a fit if you had knock off brand shoes and not the real deal because you couldn't afford it.

However, Uniforms do make a school look more presentable, it also makes it more bland, as the kids will essentially be wearing the same exact thing every single day. Almost as you're wearing a prison jumpsuit.

The school I attend now doesn't have a uniform policy. Everyone looks so unique and different than the other. However the area I live in now nobody is too rich, like they aren't poor, but they aren't filthy rich. So most people wear whatever. So people wear band tees, jeans. Graphic Tees and what not. Plus there isn't much bullying here so, there really isn't a need for it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!