PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Photography

Aiden
27-03-2014, 06:36 PM
So I made a huge mistake of taking photography for one of my GCSE... and now I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

If anyone else has taken it, can you answer these Qs please?

----

What should I include in annotations for photographs?
Do you have any photography terms I can use which is easy to remember? :)
Can you explain ISO, aperture and the other one? (i forgot and googles no help)

----

ty +rep

lemons
27-03-2014, 06:37 PM
damn

photography is a gcse?

i thought it was a btec

damn

Kardan
27-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I wonder how many photographers ever took GCSE photography.

Does your school not have an online system with files etc. to help?

Aiden
27-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Nope... It only has the Powerpoints used in class and they don't really tell us much.

And yeah GCSE photography is pretty stupid.

Evanora
27-03-2014, 07:42 PM
gcse photography what a joke

just take normal subjects *REMOVED*

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to others.

Cerys
27-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Laughing at you so much atm wow gj xo

Urm yeah I'm obv no help but can't you ask someone else who's in your class?:p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Charz777
27-03-2014, 07:51 PM
I didn't take photography, but if annotating is anything like art then talk about perspective (is it interesting? why/why not?), composition, colour, theme and so on.

For example, 'this photo is a portrait of an old lady. The photo was taken head on making it a little boring as there are no interesting angles to it. However the contours and lines are well defined by shadow in the old lady's face which adds to the image. The colour is dull but gives it a timeless effect'... Some sort of delightful ******** like that :)

As for the other stuff, I've no idea.

Do you have to stick your photos on black pages in an A3 sketchbook like the photography students at our school? If so, try mounting then before sticking them in t6o give them a border, use gold and silver pens to annotate around them. Layer them. Mix sizes and colours and style. Design subject teachers love creativity!

:odey:
28-03-2014, 12:06 AM
I can explain aperture, iso and shutter speed for you, but I'm on my phone at the minute, cry, when does it have to be in? :P

Brad
28-03-2014, 06:27 AM
What should I include in annotations for photographs?
Do you have any photography terms I can use which is easy to remember? :)
Can you explain ISO, aperture and the other one? (i forgot and googles no help)

Do you just want generic answers for these?
Because I can give you answers for these:

First Question:What should I include in annotations for photographs?
Annotations are up to the photographer whether it be to describe the type of lens used, camera etc. It also helps to know why the photo was taken, where the photo was taken and if there's a person in the photo, Who is in the photo as well. Annotations are probably the most critical thing about a photograph, besides the photograph itself

Second Question: Do you have any photography terms I can use which is easy to remember?

Firsts - Where the object in focus is in the Section 1 of a photograph (A Photograph is divided into three major sections.)
Thirds - Same aspects as the "firsts" term, but is on the opposite side.
Perspective View
Sharpen/Contrast/Soften
Exposure/Shutter Speeds, etc.
Foreground

And Third: Can you explain ISO, aperture and the other one?
ISO: What are ISO camera settings and what does ISO mean? ISO stands for International Standards Organisation and it refers to the industry norm for sensitivity of emulsion based film, with 100 ISO being not so sensitive (and the standard ISO used by most people) to 1600 ISO which is extremely sensitive to light. Got from http://www.all-things-photography.com/iso-settings.html
Aperture:Aperture is referred to the lens diaphragm opening inside a photographic lens. The size of the diaphragm opening in a camera lens REGULATES amount of light passes through onto the film inside the camera the moment when the shutter curtain in camera opens during an exposure process. Got from http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/fototech/apershutter/aperture.htm

I'm assuming you are needing, and I could be wrong, Exposure/Shutter Speed:exposure determines how light or dark an image will appear when it's been captured by your camera. Found here http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-exposure.htm

Gina
29-03-2014, 02:50 AM
loads of people in my school took photography and they all say they hate it ;p the lessons go on forever appaz and you do a lot of work at home
yeh i didn't take it myself so i cant help but cant you can the option or are you happy with photography

merier
29-03-2014, 10:36 AM
GCSE Photography... lol

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!