PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool v Manchester City

.Shaun,,
12-04-2014, 08:55 AM
What's your prediction for this super Sunday?

I am going with a 2-1 win to Liverpool but I think it will be a very tough game and Liverpool need to keep there focus.

I think if we win this game we are definitely in with a chance of the tittle but we still have one more big game which is Chelsea.

Spuds
12-04-2014, 10:00 AM
What's your prediction for this super Sunday?

I am going with a 2-1 win to Liverpool but I think it will be a very tough game and Liverpool need to keep there focus.

I think if we win this game we are definitely in with a chance of the tittle but we still have one more big game which is Chelsea.
This will be an exceptionally tight game to call however I shall back an away win.

Over the past few weeks the fans of Liverpool and the media have been applying pressure to the players. You saw the fans greet the team bus pre-game with chants of "We're gonna' win the league", almost as if it was an open top bus parade. The media have been saying that the title is Liverpool's to wrap up on Sunday. Liverpool's performance on the weekend wasn't the Liverpool we've seen of late, they were sloppy and quite tepid. You could argue that maybe that's because we've been spoiled of late with the quality of performances Liverpool have churned out, however to me it seemed like the pressure got to the players. Liverpool have been able to play the season without the distraction of any European games, they also didn't have the pressure of 'serious title contenders' until recently.

Manchester City have had eight days to prepare for this performance; much easier than having a midweek distraction of a European/re-arranged Premierleague fixture.

For me, Manchester City are being drastically overlooked. Many Liverpool fans believe they'll put four, five, even six past them. The fact of the matter is, Bayern Munich and Barcelona didn't put that amount past them, and they've greatly improved their defensive performances in the past few weeks.

If Liverpool play a midfield of Gerrard and Henderson, with an attack of Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez, I believe Manchester City will hurt them. We saw Manchester City make this mistake against Bayern Munich, the attack of Bayern was simply too much. Liverpool should start with a trio of Gerrard, Henderson and Lucas; they do not want to risk going for the blitz and then removing an attacking player for Lucas.

What will also be interesting is whether or not the moment will get to Liverpool. We saw this happen during the Manchester derby which also marked the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster. The Manchester United players said after the game that the emotions of the day got to them.

This game has the potential to be another fantastic advertisement for Premierleague football.

j0rd
12-04-2014, 11:59 AM
2-0 city

zebbadi
13-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Gerrard pen 1-0 win

FlyingJesus
13-04-2014, 02:39 AM
I've decided that each team will have 4 people sent off, and then in the 89th minute a player from each team will randomly decide to punch the other in the face at exactly the same moment and both will be sent off, causing both teams to forfeit the game 3-0 simultaneously and all 6 points will go to Chelsea

zebbadi
13-04-2014, 12:54 PM
1-0 up sterling good start!

FlyingJesus
13-04-2014, 01:23 PM
What the bloody hell is going on are City even there

David
13-04-2014, 02:09 PM
disaster

Kardan
13-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm reading the BBC Text commentary, and every single update is either '(Disallowed) Goal' or 'Penalty Appeal' since the 2nd half. Madness.

zebbadi
13-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Get in 3-2 now :D

Kardan
13-04-2014, 02:15 PM
And now 3-2 to Liverpool.

Matthew
13-04-2014, 02:51 PM
superb game.

wanted a draw as a chelsea fan but I'd rather a liverpool win than a city win!

David
13-04-2014, 03:10 PM
superb game.

wanted a draw as a chelsea fan but I'd rather a liverpool win than a city win!

really? this way city lose 3 points and chelsea can still overtake liverpool in a few weeks when they meet

FlyingJesus
13-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Should have been a penalty at the end considering Squirtle Squad punched the ball clear

Matthew
13-04-2014, 05:59 PM
really? this way city lose 3 points and chelsea can still overtake liverpool in a few weeks when they meet

hmm maybe

not really sure what i'd have preferred really. Definitely not a city win though.

David
13-04-2014, 08:45 PM

Derrener
14-04-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm not really in to football but if I happen to be downstairs when my dad is watching it, i'll watch it. The minutes silence at at the Liverpool V Man city game, was the best one that I saw all weekend.

Spuds
14-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Manchester City threw this game themselves. The fans can't pile all of the blame onto the referee (who was atrocious, it has to be said). At 2:2 only one team was going to win this game, and it certainly wasn't Liverpool. If Kompany was to try that clearance 1000 more times, I highly doubt we'd see him scuff it like he did on Sunday.

A shame to see Suarez back to his old self in this game, although I suppose the pressure was on at 2:2. Also very disappointing to hear the Liverpool faithfuls celebrate when Toure went down injured.

The title is in their hands now, let's see how they cope with the pressure.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!