PDA

View Full Version : David Moyes Sacked!

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 01:07 PM
http://news.sky.com/story/1246894/david-moyes-sacked-as-manchester-united-boss

David Moyes has been sacked as Manchester United manager, with Ryan Giggs taking over until the end of the season.

A statement on the club's website said: "Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the club.

Manchester United Training Session
Manchester United veteran Giggs will take the reins for the remaining games
"The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role."

Shortly after, it released another statement, saying: "Ryan Giggs, the club's most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made."

Moyes was informed of the decision to let him go this morning at the club's Carrington training ground, said Sky News' Paul Kelso.

Chief executive Ed Woodward is said to have told Moyes the news face to face.

Speculation over his sacking started yesterday, after United's 2-0 weekend defeat to Moyes' former club Everton.

The result left the Premier League champions in seventh place and meant it was mathematically impossible for them to qualify for next season's Champions League - the first time they have failed to do so since 1991.
The team has lost 11 times this season, six of them at home, and also endured defeats to bitter rivals Manchester City and Liverpool.

There has reportedly been discontent among some of the club's top players during Moyes' brief time at Old Trafford.

Moyes was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson after 11 years at Everton where he guided the team to five top-six finishes.

Good riddance, 10 months is long enough to prove yourself, he's not a bad manager, but he's not on level to handle a big club like Manchester United. Disappointed in Ferguson in picking him when we could of gotten Jose Mourinho

Samantha
22-04-2014, 01:10 PM
What I don't get was why pick someone who hasn't really won anything? Yeah top 6, that's not the winner or the best or even close to first. Glad he's gone, I haven't really kept up to date with the matches this season as I've always known it as the club I support is managed by Sir Alex Ferguson, and not someone else. I hope they improve next season, they need to.

Shar
22-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I was waiting for this. Replaced by Ryan Giggs until the end of the season, this will be interesting!

Matthew
22-04-2014, 01:20 PM
a great shame for the rest of the league :(

Ozzinator$
22-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Man Utd fans expected the transition to be smooth, but the fact of the matter is [as hard as it is for a Liverpool fan to say] Sir Alex was an amazing manager, however he did it, he managed to get a substandard Utd team to win the league last year, but the current squad isn't that brilliant, no matter if they are/were the current champions. Utd won ugly last season, winning the games in what has been dubbed as "Fergie time". The team is not good enough but some of his purchases he made in the summer wasn't much good, however if you look at Everton, they haven't made many changes to that squad which he had built.

The thing with Moyes is, he just doesn't have the ambition to be anything more than a manager of a team with low expectations, he is not a top 4 standard of manager, very much like Hodgeson when he was Liverpool manager. Both do okay with teams such as Fulham and Everton [Though it also pains me to say it, Everton was actually a better team than Moyes' ambitions too]. Moyes is good at finding and building a squad, but he can't push them to become the players they COULD be.

That's my thoughts on the matter.

j0rd
22-04-2014, 02:15 PM
You wouldn't have got Jose, there was no chance of that happening.

Honestly you can't blame Moyes, he is actually a top manager and could have succeeded at United. He was just given a team at the end of their game. It needs a complete revamp for them to do anything next season..

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 02:26 PM
You wouldn't have got Jose, there was no chance of that happening.

Honestly you can't blame Moyes, he is actually a top manager and could have succeeded at United. He was just given a team at the end of their game. It needs a complete revamp for them to do anything next season..

Jose only went to chelsea because Moyes came to Manchester United.
Moyes is awful, he's got ridden of chances in the summer to buy some fantastic players that Manchester United were keen to buy, but he ruled them off. He's changed the squad nearly every game (or even every game, not sure). Moyes is ntohing more than a bottom half manager of the premier league.

j0rd
22-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Moyes is awful, he's got ridden of chances in the summer to buy some fantastic players that Manchester United were keen to buy, but he ruled them off. He's changed the squad nearly every game (or even every game, not sure). Moyes is ntohing more than a bottom half manager of the premier league.

No, Jose was never going to United..
He's definitely not awful, what a load of wet you talk. You have to do rotations in the team, that actually proves he's a good manager. He would be rotating to see who works well with each other which will help build a stronger team.

So you say he is awful then says he is a bottom half table manager, so in other words bottom half managers are awful. Which is also a load of ****.
Brendan come from Swansea, which is probably a bottom half team to you. Liverpool scooped him up and he looks likely to go on to win the league.

You are a typical United fan...

FlyingJesus
22-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Jose had no plans to go to Man U ever lol

And Moyes might not be a superstar but the blame doesn't lie solely with him - he has the exact same players as last year pretty much and they failed to perform week in week out. Yes he's supposed to give them tactical advice and all that but footballers are not robots, they know how to play and blaming someone who isn't on the pitch for their dire performances on it is ridiculous

David
22-04-2014, 03:16 PM
cant be the only one who seen this situation coming as soon as old man river retired
the next guy will probably get the can in a season or two

can see gary neville taking over at some point

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 03:25 PM
No, Jose was never going to United..
He's definitely not awful, what a load of wet you talk. You have to do rotations in the team, that actually proves he's a good manager. He would be rotating to see who works well with each other which will help build a stronger team.

So you say he is awful then says he is a bottom half table manager, so in other words bottom half managers are awful. Which is also a load of ****.
Brendan come from Swansea, which is probably a bottom half team to you. Liverpool scooped him up and he looks likely to go on to win the league.

You are a typical United fan...

You're an idiot, of course Moyes is awful, he can't cope with the pressure and has hardly won any points from any of the main contenders, yes rotation is needed, but 51 rotations in 51 games? no mate, that's stupid inconsistency.

He's low bottom manager, and no I'm not saying all bottom half, or even championship managers are ****, but not all of them are cut out to handle such big teams like Manchester United/city and the likes.

What team do you exactly support? if Manchester United I pity you, thinking someone like moyes could ever handle us.

e5
22-04-2014, 03:28 PM
This come as no shock, but as others have stated, moyes is not a bad manager at all. He had big boots to fill.

All over my news feed people are wanting moyes as Leeds manager lmao :L

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Jose had no plans to go to Man U ever lol

And Moyes might not be a superstar but the blame doesn't lie solely with him - he has the exact same players as last year pretty much and they failed to perform week in week out. Yes he's supposed to give them tactical advice and all that but footballers are not robots, they know how to play and blaming someone who isn't on the pitch for their dire performances on it is ridiculous

It's not just that, he got rid of a good backroom staff, including Mike Phelan, Rene Meulensteen and Eric Steele, in came Moyestrusted assistants from Everton - Steve Round, Chris Woods and Jimmy Lumsden.

Buying Mata was good but when playing Rooney and RVP, he's left to left-wing, less impact where he should be put in middle.

j0rd
22-04-2014, 03:34 PM
You're an idiot, of course Moyes is awful, he can't cope with the pressure and has hardly won any points from any of the main contenders, yes rotation is needed, but 51 rotations in 51 games? no mate, that's stupid inconsistency.

He's low bottom manager, and no I'm not saying all bottom half, or even championship managers are ****, but not all of them are cut out to handle such big teams like Manchester United/city and the likes.

What team do you exactly support? if Manchester United I pity you, thinking someone like moyes could ever handle us.

I think you need to actually watch and understand football, if Moyes is as awful as you make out. How was he ever Everton or United manager, seriously it's like talking to a brick wall!

The main reason the United team is failing is because the team is at the end of their game. Fergie and lots of pundits mentioned it last season but nobody expected it to happen this soon. The team needs pretty much a revamp, if nothing is done by next season you will have a middle table finish at best.

Actually, i'm not sure why i'm trying to reason with a United fan. Back to the job center for you bro!
I support Swans and Chelsea..

FlyingJesus
22-04-2014, 03:37 PM
It's not just that, he got rid of a good backroom staff, including Mike Phelan, Rene Meulensteen and Eric Steele, in came Moyestrusted assistants from Everton - Steve Round, Chris Woods and Jimmy Lumsden.

That's again blaming the off-pitch faces for the failures of the guys on the pitch who shouldn't need coddling to remember how to play the game they've been playing professionally for most of their lives

Zak
22-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't think 10 months is long enough to prove ones self.

I'm sure Fergie didn't get into winning ways in his first 10 months at Man U??

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I think you need to actually watch and understand football, if Moyes is as awful as you make out. How was he ever Everton or United manager, seriously it's like talking to a brick wall!

The main reason the United team is failing is because the team is at the end of their game. Fergie and lots of pundits mentioned it last season but nobody expected it to happen this soon. The team needs pretty much a revamp, if nothing is done by next season you will have a middle table finish at best.

Actually, i'm not sure why i'm trying to reason with a United fan. Back to the job center for you bro!
I support Swans and Chelsea..

Oh dear god, can't argue with someone who supports two teams LMFAO

Job centre? please I'm in sixth form

mrwoooooooo
22-04-2014, 04:01 PM
mourinho definitely wanted the man u job

Matthew
22-04-2014, 04:28 PM
imo its a mix of both, both Moyes being inept and the players not performing.

Some of Moyes' tactics this year have been dreadful. Playing players out of position, dropping in form players for no apparent reason (51 rotations in 51 games is beyond bizarre) panic buying players... He spent, what, £60m on two players and neither have performed; though with Mata Moyes seems keen on playing him on the wing so maybe its not so much his fault. Mata left chelsea because he is not very good on the wing and he couldn't get a game in the middle- so what does the genius that is Moyes do? Splashes £37m on him and continues to play him on the wing. Bizarre.

Man U did not need Mata. They needed, as they have done for years now, a central midfielder. Mata was such a panic buy.

j0rd
22-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Job centre? please I'm in sixth form

Two teams?
Swansea is my local club, supported them when they were almost relegated to non league football. What an idiotic uneducated comment that is.

lrn2football

FlyingJesus
22-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Which Mata do you watch because the one that was at Chelsea scored on his debut games for 5 different competitions while playing as a winger, got player of the year, and now has an even better goals-to-games ratio at Man U than he did there

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Two teams?
Swansea is my local club, supported them when they were almost relegated to non league football. What an idiotic uneducated comment that is.

lrn2football

brb supporting two teams and telling people they're uneducated because it's not true, lol!!!!!!!!!!

What do you do when they're against each other? do you sit in the middle or some **** to pretend you're supporting both? lmfao

GoldenMerc
22-04-2014, 04:56 PM
brb supporting two teams and telling people they're uneducated because it's not true, lol!!!!!!!!!!

What do you do when they're against each other? do you sit in the middle or some **** to pretend you're supporting both? lmfao

But are you like all the other united supporters, or do you legit live and go to games at Trafford park

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 04:59 PM
But are you like all the other united supporters, or do you legit live and go to games at Trafford park

I live in Manchester, I held a season ticket last season, but not this one, been to 6-7 games in total.

j0rd
22-04-2014, 05:18 PM

I'm neutral. Bare in mind I supported both when there was 3 leagues between them, stop being a ****.

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm neutral. Bare in mind I supported both when there was 3 leagues between them, stop being a ****.

fact you support two teams, **** fan

j0rd
22-04-2014, 05:38 PM
fact you support two teams, **** fan
*REMOVED*

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other forum members, thanks!

Bankai90
22-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Should have given him some more time i think. Well Moyes did not get sacked, i mean the Glazer family do want to sack him but he resigns as manager instead. Just to be less harsh on him i think.

Joshirin
22-04-2014, 05:52 PM
*REMOVED*
*REMOVED*

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to others.

OllzIsTasty
22-04-2014, 06:21 PM
£10 million pay out doe.. wow!

Spuds
22-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Having read the initial posts in this thread, it's clear that my opinion on the subject differs greatly from that of @Joshirin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=119446).

David Moyes quite simply inherited a poisoned chalice; an impossible job. Believe it or not, I predicted this in an article which was posted in July.

It boils down to the squad he inherited. I won't go into full details (if you want those, read the article). After a rocky first campaign, David de Gea went from flop of the season to one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

The defence was always an aspect that sounded the alarms for me. Last season they conceded 43 goals - the most out of the top four clubs, therefore this weak link was well documented. Vidic and Ferdinand were quite possibly one of the best defensive partnerships that the Old Trafford faithfuls have seen, however they're on the wrong side of 30 along with Evra. This season has further documented this fact; Vidic is off to Italy, fans are split over Ferdinand and the club stuttered and stalled over Evra's contract. A lot of fans pointed to Smalling and Jones however as I said at the start of the season, they have had their own injury problems to deal with and quite frankly, they both blow hot and cold. As for Buttner, he's very rash in defence and has had problems settling into the area; it didn't look like he could replicate Evra's transition to the Premier League, and quite frankly, it looks like he'll be off in the summer if the fans have their wish granted. An aging and injury prone defence was not the best of gifts from Ferguson.

Before the start of this campaign, Welbeck had scored just two goals in 39 appearances. The situation was problematic as it was not a situation where he hadn't been given the chances; it was often his poor final decision and finishing that let him down. One of Moyes' first tasks was to talk Welbeck up in the media, an indicator that he was not going to sign a new striker. Don't forget the Rooney circus at the start of the season, that's now been sorted to the tune of £300,000 per week; the circus now surrounds Van Persie. Is an aging Rooney who looks off the boil worth £300,000? That's the problem the club now have to deal with.

For a few years now fans of the club (and others) have stated that Manchester United lack a midfield. Paul Scholes retired at the end of last season and other than an aging Carrick, United were looking to start the campaign a midfielder down. You only need to look back to last season's game at Old Trafford against Manchester City where Giggs lined up in centre midfield. Fantastic player in his prime however when a 39-year old left winger is your central midfield option, what does that say about your central midfield? The club tried to rectify this with the signing of Fellaini however he's not been great. During the summer United fans said City overpaid for Fernandinho, I predicted that Manchester City would have the best partnership in midfield this year and United would be left looking envious. I still feel like this is the case. As for Cleverly, the less said about him the better. Cleverely had 3 assists and 2 goals out of 23 appearances during the last campaign, I did question if this would be the year where he finally loses the 'England prodigy' tag that Ferguson liked to pin to him. It seems like my prediction was right.

I appreciated I'm going into far too much detail now so I'll trim it down. I predicted Anderson was on borrowed time, Valencia gaining a reputation of a 'one trick pony' (knock it pas the defender and sprint).

I hope you're able to appreciate why this would be a mammoth task for any manager. Quite simply, the squad wasn't there.

For the record, @j0rd (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56465) isn't an idiot.

One final note, apologies for any errors - I need a half time beverage, I am not checking over this post.

FlyingJesus
22-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Let's see some of the top gems of a 12 year old Man U fan

he's not a bad manager

Followed by a few pages stating how bad he is

we could of gotten Jose Mourinho

Nope

Never mind that it's his favourite club where he's had fantastic success and everyone likes him... Mourinho was never on the list of potential Man U managers because he even stated himself that it would never happen when Fergie announced his impending retirement

He's changed the squad nearly every game (or even every game, not sure). Moyes is ntohing more than a bottom half manager of the premier league.

Brendan Rogers and Jose Mourinho change the squad and tactics all the time at Liverpool/Chelsea (something they are rather well known for) and they seem to be doing ok

Or just can't argue

hahahaha omg learn some football you pathetic 'supporter'

I don't think this really needs a comment

David
22-04-2014, 11:13 PM
various rumours saying that united want to snatch ancelotti from madrid. good luck with that haha

j0rd
23-04-2014, 12:49 AM
various rumours saying that united want to snatch ancelotti from madrid. good luck with that haha

I've heard a lot about that, read this:
http://www.footballtips.com/category/football-tips/next-manchester-united-manager-tips-201404220005/

It's probably worth a shot at 40/1

Joshirin
23-04-2014, 09:25 AM
You really are an idiot and it seems you're pretty obsessed with me

He's a bad manager for Manchester United, but not overall for a lower team, hun
jose mourinho would of gone to Manchester United
as I said before
51 times in 51 games, no hun they don't do that at chelsea or liverpool
Can't argue yet I've won, run along
learn some football

It's no wonder Okeanos doesn't like you

Joshirin
23-04-2014, 09:51 AM
He's also hardly got any points from the top 4 teams, either way you probably support two teams like the jord kid, so lrnfootball

Spuds
23-04-2014, 10:15 AM
You really are an idiot and it seems you're pretty obsessed with me

He's a bad manager for Manchester United, but not overall for a lower team, hun
jose mourinho would of gone to Manchester United
as I said before
51 times in 51 games, no hun they don't do that at chelsea or liverpool
Can't argue yet I've won, run along
learn some football

It's no wonder Okeanos doesn't like you
I'm going to guess you're still quite young. There's nothing wrong with that at all however it does mean that you've grown up only knowing one thing about your club: success. The older fans I know (30+) have started to come to the sudden realisation that there is no longer that special aura around the club. There was no 'United way', quite frankly it's starting to come across like the vast majority of fans believe you've only ever had two managers in your history: Ferguson and Busby. You had a very successful manager in Ferguson, there was no need to sack him. You're just like any other club when it comes to hiring and firing.

Your current hiring and firing department has recently been chopped and changed; they're not overly experienced so it'll be interesting to see who they get in. You're throwing names around such as Mourinho, Pep, and Klopp however there is hardly any chance of attracting such heavy hitters. Simeone and Klopp will never take over a club outside of the Champions League again.

Your current position is that of Liverpool in 2010. You are a big club without European football in the worlds toughest league. You need to emulate Liverpool to recover; find a genuinely talented manager from a smaller club, rather than chasing European heavyweights.

The big question is, who is that manager? The ship left the docking station last summer and if Everton attain Champions League or Europa League football, the Martinez ship will have truly left the River Mersey and find itself in the Irish Sea; all whilst your club is left paddling in a puddle.

FlyingJesus
23-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Replying to someone who's wrong about everything means you're obsessed with them (unlike giving someone 0 point -reps and hunting them down in other threads to attack them which totes shows you don't care at all), who knew

And still solely blaming the manager for the crap performances of the same team that won last year, bless

Matthew
23-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Which Mata do you watch because the one that was at Chelsea scored on his debut games for 5 different competitions while playing as a winger, got player of the year, and now has an even better goals-to-games ratio at Man U than he did there

I'm assuming this is to me so I'll reply :P

When Mata arrived at chelsea he was a winger having played there fore Valencia. He soon moved into the middle though, I mean after AVB left I don't think he played on the wing again until Mou arrived. Mata is ineffective on the wing, he lacks the pace and work rate to really play there (nowadays). That is why he left chelsea, because Oscar was Mou's preferred #10 and whenever Mata was played, he did so on the wing, and he was always ineffective. Thus he was sold.

Bankai90
23-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Either way, i really hope they bounce back next season. :)

Matthew
23-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Either way, i really hope they bounce back next season. :)

they're gonna have to spend a lot of money :P

RyRy
23-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I support Everton so I probably feel worse for Moyes than any other person in this thread.

The guy brought my team, languishing in 17th place back in 2002 up to the Champions League places (4th place) by 2006. By the time he left, he'd built a team which will most certainly stand the test of time and will feature some future stars such as John Stones, Ross Barkley & arguably James McCarthy (he comes across as a very Scholesy-esque player). David Moyes needed time to develop his squad, the current squad they had was for the lack of a better word, pants.

Robin Van Persie won Manchester United the title last year and SAF knew that. His introduction changed the game up but as he's been injured for the majority of this season he hasn't made much of an impact in any game. Then we have Wayne Rooney who I believe is a great player and could've been even greater under Moyes, but I can see him leaving Manchester United in the next year or so because no manager other than Moyes or Mourinho would've had him in his plans at Manchester United. The stats show that Rooney has been mediocré this year so don't go spouting otherwise, and he will leave if he wants. Everton fans know that the hard way ("Once a Blue, always a blue")

@Joshirin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=119446); you are part of the vast Manchester United group I like to call "Glory Hunters". You expect results because you're Manchester United, you expect to beat small teams because the name of your team alone is enough to score goals. It isn't. David Moyes' only fault in his time at Manchester United is that he didn't push for the sack sooner, leaving Manchester United in the scrap of a relegation battle. If you don't see that possibility then you're even thicker than you've made out in this thread. No team is invincible least of all Manchester United now, that aura of untouchable under SAF was only going to last for so long. SAF knew his golden squads days were numbered and saw the signs, thus jumping ship when he won the title knowing that next season would be no better.

There's sensible United supporters who blame SAF for getting Moyes into the job, but I'd blame the players for not performing under a new manager. Moyes is not the 12th player on the pitch and he cannot score goals. He can talk tactics, but amusingly Manchester United players have been rumoured saying that they don't like being told what to do (as Moyes did do) seeing as they think they knew better as they were the Champions. I'm sure that's a hard pill to swallow, the thought of United players not caring for where United lied in the table just as long as they got rid of David Moyes, but player power is what caused this not his management skills.

Moyes is a tactical genius and I hope he does go to the likes of Newcastle and is given time to build a team from scratch. They're the prime example of what Everton were back in 2002, hardly any GOOD players and lacking that need to actually survive in the Premier League (no offence to Newcastle fans but you have to agree your team has been lacklustre). Give Moyes 6 years at Newcastle and watch as United get beaten by him & his new team in a stroke of sweet revenge. I'd go as far to put money on Newcastle beating United on the double next season, it wouldn't be a bad bet.

United are going to be like how Tottenham, Fulham, Norwich & Cardiff City are. Chelsea, City & Liverpool have settled with a manager but there's not many world-class managers who would even want to go to Manchester United. I've heard fans calling for Klopp to which I say you've got more chance of winning the lottery. I've heard them talking about getting Ancelotti or Guardiola to which I'd say they're wiser than that. van Gaal will most likely go to Tottenham so who does that leave? I hear Paolo Di Canio is free...

Bankai90
23-04-2014, 01:19 PM
they're gonna have to spend a lot of money :P

Yup, i agree. Hope that the Glazer family can be easily persuaded about lending some money for the upcoming manager in order for him to invest on players.

Spuds
23-04-2014, 02:26 PM
@RyRy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81175), you honestly still have an affection for David Moyes? Every Evertonian I know (and due to my university choice, I know quite a few) can no longer stand the man. You saw from the general reaction from the Evertonian's at the game on the weekend that he is not held in high regard.

As for calling him a tactical genius, Ryan, I believe you're blinded by a love of a man who showed a bit of loyalty to your club and then threw it back in your face with his behaviour surrounded Fellaini and Baines.

Edit: Joshirin, is your negative reputation comment going to be the only response I get from you on the subject?

RyRy
23-04-2014, 02:39 PM
@RyRy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81175), you honestly still have an affection for David Moyes? Every Evertonian I know (and due to my university choice, I know quite a few) can no longer stand the man. You saw from the general reaction from the Evertonian's at the game on the weekend that he is not held in high regard.

As for calling him a tactical genius, Ryan, I believe you're blinded by a love of a man who showed a bit of loyalty to your club and then threw it back in your face with his behaviour surrounded Fellaini and Baines.

Edit: @Joshirin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=119446), is your negative reputation comment going to be the only response I get from you on the subject?

Yeah, well the way he left was terrible and I'll never forgive him for that but when he was with us, the majority of it he did us right. He just wasn't the man to take us that step forward and we needed a refresh. Tim Howard's reaction to those fans truly reflects what Evertonians should be thinking and understanding about that man.

I still think he's a tactical genius though, and given more time at Manchester United I do think he could've been one of the greats.

Matthew
23-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah, well the way he left was terrible and I'll never forgive him for that but when he was with us, the majority of it he did us right. He just wasn't the man to take us that step forward and we needed a refresh. Tim Howard's reaction to those fans truly reflects what Evertonians should be thinking and understanding about that man.

I still think he's a tactical genius though, and given more time at Manchester United I do think he could've been one of the greats.

http://talkingbaws.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/moyes12.jpg?w=1000&h=454&crop=1

he's a decent manager but not up to the level man united require.

Adam
23-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Stupid decision.

RyRy
24-04-2014, 11:10 AM
http://talkingbaws.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/moyes12.jpg?w=1000&h=454&crop=1

he's a decent manager but not up to the level man united require.

Knew that'd be brought up eventually! That's the thing though he was of that standard but he can't be expected to be up to that standard the moment he steps in the job... Which is the error United are paying the price for now. They're going to have to do this again.

Matthew
24-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Knew that'd be brought up eventually! That's the thing though he was of that standard but he can't be expected to be up to that standard the moment he steps in the job... Which is the error United are paying the price for now. They're going to have to do this again.

yeah I agree somewhat.

I think Moyes is just a victim of SAF's success. United haven't had such a dire season for YEARS. Heck, they shouldn't even have won the league last year had chelsea and city been on form but SAF winning it I think deluded some of the fans and the board into thinking that the team was good enough. What's certain is that Moyes had a tremendously hard job, the team was no where near good enough to challenge for the title. But again, Moyes has made some errors too.

What I found funny is all the united fans who have looked down on teams like chelsea for years for sacking managers too soon, with all the "Oh chelsea are classless, nothing like Manchester United. We're not a sacking club".
Well the first time that United have had the slightest need to sack their manager in, what, 2 decades, they've done so. Laughable.

Joshirin
24-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm going to guess you're still quite young. There's nothing wrong with that at all however it does mean that you've grown up only knowing one thing about your club: success. The older fans I know (30+) have started to come to the sudden realisation that there is no longer that special aura around the club. There was no 'United way', quite frankly it's starting to come across like the vast majority of fans believe you've only ever had two managers in your history: Ferguson and Busby. You had a very successful manager in Ferguson, there was no need to sack him. You're just like any other club when it comes to hiring and firing.

Your current hiring and firing department has recently been chopped and changed; they're not overly experienced so it'll be interesting to see who they get in. You're throwing names around such as Mourinho, Pep, and Klopp however there is hardly any chance of attracting such heavy hitters. Simeone and Klopp will never take over a club outside of the Champions League again.

Your current position is that of Liverpool in 2010. You are a big club without European football in the worlds toughest league. You need to emulate Liverpool to recover; find a genuinely talented manager from a smaller club, rather than chasing European heavyweights.

The big question is, who is that manager? The ship left the docking station last summer and if Everton attain Champions League or Europa League football, the Martinez ship will have truly left the River Mersey and find itself in the Irish Sea; all whilst your club is left paddling in a puddle.

You make good points, yes I'm young and I have only grown up with the success of one manager which was Ferguson who won't ever be able to be replaced, some will say that David Moyes should of had longer, which I don't agree with because I don't think he's good for the job, and obviously nor do the Glazers.

Maybe we don't need some big European big hit, but it will most likely that we will attract one of them even if we aren't in the champions league next year.

Kardan
24-04-2014, 02:34 PM
One fact I thought was interesting was that in Sir Alex Ferguson's first season, he finished 11th with 56 points (with an extra 4 games) after they came 4th the season before. I guess times have changed.

Joshirin
24-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I support Everton so I probably feel worse for Moyes than any other person in this thread.

The guy brought my team, languishing in 17th place back in 2002 up to the Champions League places (4th place) by 2006. By the time he left, he'd built a team which will most certainly stand the test of time and will feature some future stars such as John Stones, Ross Barkley & arguably James McCarthy (he comes across as a very Scholesy-esque player). David Moyes needed time to develop his squad, the current squad they had was for the lack of a better word, pants.

Robin Van Persie won Manchester United the title last year and SAF knew that. His introduction changed the game up but as he's been injured for the majority of this season he hasn't made much of an impact in any game. Then we have Wayne Rooney who I believe is a great player and could've been even greater under Moyes, but I can see him leaving Manchester United in the next year or so because no manager other than Moyes or Mourinho would've had him in his plans at Manchester United. The stats show that Rooney has been mediocré this year so don't go spouting otherwise, and he will leave if he wants. Everton fans know that the hard way ("Once a Blue, always a blue")

@Joshirin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=119446); you are part of the vast Manchester United group I like to call "Glory Hunters". You expect results because you're Manchester United, you expect to beat small teams because the name of your team alone is enough to score goals. It isn't. David Moyes' only fault in his time at Manchester United is that he didn't push for the sack sooner, leaving Manchester United in the scrap of a relegation battle. If you don't see that possibility then you're even thicker than you've made out in this thread. No team is invincible least of all Manchester United now, that aura of untouchable under SAF was only going to last for so long. SAF knew his golden squads days were numbered and saw the signs, thus jumping ship when he won the title knowing that next season would be no better.

There's sensible United supporters who blame SAF for getting Moyes into the job, but I'd blame the players for not performing under a new manager. Moyes is not the 12th player on the pitch and he cannot score goals. He can talk tactics, but amusingly Manchester United players have been rumoured saying that they don't like being told what to do (as Moyes did do) seeing as they think they knew better as they were the Champions. I'm sure that's a hard pill to swallow, the thought of United players not caring for where United lied in the table just as long as they got rid of David Moyes, but player power is what caused this not his management skills.

Moyes is a tactical genius and I hope he does go to the likes of Newcastle and is given time to build a team from scratch. They're the prime example of what Everton were back in 2002, hardly any GOOD players and lacking that need to actually survive in the Premier League (no offence to Newcastle fans but you have to agree your team has been lacklustre). Give Moyes 6 years at Newcastle and watch as United get beaten by him & his new team in a stroke of sweet revenge. I'd go as far to put money on Newcastle beating United on the double next season, it wouldn't be a bad bet.

United are going to be like how Tottenham, Fulham, Norwich & Cardiff City are. Chelsea, City & Liverpool have settled with a manager but there's not many world-class managers who would even want to go to Manchester United. I've heard fans calling for Klopp to which I say you've got more chance of winning the lottery. I've heard them talking about getting Ancelotti or Guardiola to which I'd say they're wiser than that. van Gaal will most likely go to Tottenham so who does that leave? I hear Paolo Di Canio is free...

Maybe you should look up the word "Glory Hunters", considering I've been to a vast majority of games, I don't support United for the amount of trophies, I've grown up with supporting them, mainly because I live close-by and having relatives who took me there from a small age.

Spuds
24-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Maybe you should look up the word "Glory Hunters", considering I've been to a vast majority of games, I don't support United for the amount of trophies, I've grown up with supporting them, mainly because I live close-by and having relatives who took me there from a small age.
Ignore Ryan, he likes to talk football and pretend he knows what's going on. In reality he's an 'Evertonian' from the south who couldn't locate the local boozer outside Goodison, let alone Goodison itself.

Isn't that RyRy? ;-)

Srix
29-04-2014, 07:27 PM
moyes deserves manager of the year.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!