PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Events panel

Kyle
01-05-2014, 01:28 AM
I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement a panel for events staff to submit their events, much like the rare value panel. Would increase traffic on site, introduce events staff to DJs who are autoplaying as they update their events, nd seems more practical than a thread or number of threads.

Phil
01-05-2014, 01:34 AM
LMAO! This is gonna be fun, I've never said this before........ They need to wait for V7

I don't know if that true or not. I genuinely do not know what V7 is including for Events but I think I've seen it mention in Feedback before.

God
01-05-2014, 01:36 AM
I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement a panel for events staff to submit their events, much like the rare value panel. Would increase traffic on site, introduce events staff to DJs who are autoplaying as they update their events, nd seems more practical than a thread or number of threads.

Right now what they use is a thread like this

Week 1:

Monday
1 -ewf - shonly
5 - ewfwfa - zebbadi
and so on

Host writes in the same thread

ewefwes - 12pm - cassiieee

senior replies

Done.

senior adds to panel, and edits first post.

Highly efficient system compared to

Host click on time they want. writes down event. Presses enter and its sent off for approval. Senior clicks Decline or Approve. Done

Kyle
01-05-2014, 01:46 AM
It's putting events hosts with experience at other fansites off and causing habbox to look dated in comparison.

I believe it was Chippiewill; that said that v7 would be pretty much done if rare values was binned. I don't mean to create yet anothre v7 hating thread but honestly... just release it. If there are a few glitches, don't include those pages/features and work on them for the moment/ v7 is never going to live up to what everybody thinks it might be regardless of how long you keep it in closed development.

LiquidLuck.
01-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Highly efficient system compared to

Host click on time they want. writes down event. Presses enter and its sent off for approval. Senior clicks Decline or Approve. Done

Not at all. The way it's done now it takes way longer to be put through the events list than if done like DJs do.

From someone who has been in both departments, HxL is much more efficient in that apart from the fact that you cannot book more than 2 slots per week.

- - - Updated - - -

It's putting events hosts with experience at other fansites off and causing habbox to look dated in comparison.

I believe it was Chippiewill; that said that v7 would be pretty much done if rare values was binned. I don't mean to create yet anothre v7 hating thread but honestly... just release it. If there are a few glitches, don't include those pages/features and work on them for the moment/ v7 is never going to live up to what everybody thinks it might be regardless of how long you keep it in closed development.

RV is such an important part of Habbox though, so many people only joined the forum because they used to use the RV tool..

Kyle
01-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Not at all. The way it's done now it takes way longer to be put through the events list than if done like DJs do.

From someone who has been in both departments, HxL is much more efficient in that apart from the fact that you cannot book more than 2 slots per week.

- - - Updated - - -

RV is such an important part of Habbox though, so many people only joined the forum because they used to use the RV tool..
Firstly, I think dragga has grasped the concept of sarcasm and was using it in his post. Secondly, I don't mean bin the department completely, I agree that it still holds some value. I mean release version 7 of habbox.com but keep the current rare value system in until whatever else is being worked on is finished. Currently habbox.com doesn't even match habboxlive.com, it's a bit of a mess really.

LiquidLuck.
01-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Firstly, I think dragga has grasped the concept of sarcasm and was using it in his post. Secondly, I don't mean bin the department completely, I agree that it still holds some value. I mean release version 7 of habbox.com but keep the current rare value system in until whatever else is being worked on is finished. Currently habbox.com doesn't even match habboxlive.com, it's a bit of a mess really.

Oh, is he was indeed being sarcastic, I'm sorry Tyler!

Is it possible to release v7 and keep the RV tool even if from a previous version? If it is, go for it should have been done ages ago. I've been heating about v7 ever since I joined the forum and all the reasons for not implementing or upgrading parts of the forum and departments is that it wouldn't be worth it because ''v7 will be here soon''.

xxMATTGxx
01-05-2014, 06:06 AM
It's not possible to release v7 even without RV at this moment in time.

Drunq
01-05-2014, 06:49 AM
I like Tylers idea! It would be more effective and quicker but I don't see why we don't have an events panel anyway. I mean we must have it but EOs cant access it! Bit stupid! The way it is probably is now is an old way!!! I dont see any other fansites using it this anyway anymore!!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Martin
01-05-2014, 07:41 AM
inb4 recursion has deleted V7!!!!!! :O:O:O

Eventually a panel for adding/approving/removing/moving events would be ideal and would make things a bit more modern, will save a lot of time too especially if they don't have to be approved by a senior etc before being added. I guess the only issue you might come across is people double booking etc, but it all depends on the specifics of the system implemented really and what permissions staff will have in terms of editing mistakes etc.

That being said, I do think our current senior/management team are extremely speedy in adding/modifying events from what I've seen, and the majority of things get sorted near enough straight away. Certainly something to look into though when we have a better site/user system.

Sian
01-05-2014, 07:48 AM
I know v7 has been out for years, but I really would have thought they'd have a booking panel on the site, linked to the timetable?

Seems kind of mad not to to me

Kyle
01-05-2014, 08:19 AM
It's not possible to release v7 even without RV at this moment in time.
when

when when when
set a bloody deadline

Sian
01-05-2014, 08:46 AM
sooo meant v6, I don't even know what version we're on anymore! There is no hope.

but seriously, I am still surprised, is there no way to change the backend first?

xxMATTGxx
01-05-2014, 11:12 AM
when

when when when
set a bloody deadline

The deadline will never be public, not after the last time. We will set one in due course when we are to point of making progress.

Smurfed-
01-05-2014, 01:11 PM
With V7 events staff will be able to add their own events straight to the panel anyway. So there will be no need for a thread. Just got to continue waiting for it aha.

Storking
01-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Increase the number of events before updating event submission methods. Today at Habbox; 2 events. Today at HFFM; 9 events.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!