PDA

View Full Version : Diss-traction - Ends 8th May

lawrawrrr
27-04-2014, 05:43 PM
http://habbox.com/text/94/Diss+traction

So as I'm writing this, I'm procrastinating from writing my dissertation (basically a massive essay for the end of my degree). I've spent the last month finding new and creative ways to distract myself, but even I'm getting bored now, and I'm finding ways to procrastinate from procrastinating.

I've actually got so far into procrastination I decided to ask Sho if I could write a comp... yeah... this degree really isn't going to end well.

ANYWAY, for this comp I want you to come up with an idea of something I could do to carry on distracting myself from actually doing work.

Be realistic though, I wouldn't want to feel guilty by going out for the day: at least if I'm at home or at University I'm near a computer and could be working if I wanted to! By this, I mean, entries that aren't based at home/the library will pretty much be discounted.

The one that I want to do most will win!

Prize: 5 credits + 15 rep
Click here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=791966&p=8059610#post8059610) for more information about prizes

Srix
03-05-2014, 08:33 AM
eat.

James
03-05-2014, 09:56 AM
get an app that allows you to just speak your work & it types it out for you. Saves so much time

Liva
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Go out and spend time with your boyfriend/friends. You wont feel guilty because you'll convince yourself that you're maintaining those relationships. :P

Honor-Branch
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
listening to justin bieber then coming up with ways you could torture him

kitten
03-05-2014, 07:57 PM
learn a new language

KingEvan
03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
play habbo

Drake.
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm going to sacrifice my competition entry to tell you to make yourself a timetable so that you have set times during which you'll work on your dissertation and set short breaks. That way you can at least try to discipline yourself. Really, what's the point of studying our whole lives if you're going to trade all possible future job opportunities that could result from a decent degree - (most graduate placements want 2:2 minimum but the really good ones want at least a 2:1) - in exchange for a few weeks of basically wasting your life on websites like Habbox. Think of it more as put in as much effort into this dissertation now, and you'll have the whole of summer to play and you'll save yourself having to spend an extra few years making people coffee in an office until they think you're qualified enough to file papers or whatever other jobs people will crappy degrees get.

I made myself a timetable and I wish I'd done it earlier, I got so much work done once I had a time set out in in front of me.
Also, sit in the library; an environment where everyone else is working is more likely to push you than sitting in your room alone.

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't comment in comps.

Smurfed-
04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Well duh... Take a trip to the LEGO store and get the biggest set there and then go home and build it! :)

!x!dude!x!2
04-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Play Battlefield

TEENAGE.TSHIRT
05-05-2014, 12:38 AM
I would read all day.
If you like mangas, you could read them over the internet with your work open in another tab, just in case you want to switch over and do some of it.
Use to do it all of the time during school.

Brad
05-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Id write a dissertation on the art of procrastination, maybe make it into a full length film called, "lawrawrrr, so good you'll watch it twice". It'll be a film about your struggles in procrastination. May have you flying around the globe meeting great procrastinators of times past. May make you millions, and potentially the opportunity never to actually write the dissertation. :)

Paige.
06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
pretend you're looking for books to help you with writing your dissertation when actually you're looking through the bookcases at boys, or girls, (especially the hot ones) in the library, rating them from 1-10

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!