PDA

View Full Version : If your stilla t school, do you make your own tie

UnrealGoffEmo
18-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Everyday or just not un-knot it (if you'll pardon the joke)? (H)

Jordan
18-05-2014, 08:51 PM
When I use to go school I would make the not everyday. But in the last year of school they introduced clip on ties to stop people walking around with big fat ties and top buttons undone.

Futz
18-05-2014, 09:04 PM
i made it everyday

most day's i'd rock the windsor knot

but every now and then I'd surprise my adoring classmates with a prince albert and receive school-wide recognition

Zelda
18-05-2014, 09:31 PM
well i technically finished school on thursday but still have to go in for a2 exams anyway.

but yes i always did i my tie each day myself, no idea of the name of it but its the [big over small twice, up through middle, down through knot] one whatever that is <.< glad i dont have those clip on ones since i always have my top button undone though, but given there isnt a set tie for 6th form at my school it'd never happen anyway

Gina
18-05-2014, 09:41 PM
i just use a clip on
makes life easier cos i think them fat ties look awful and i dont mind having my top button done up anyway
people say it strangles them but its fine for me so owell

Matt
19-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Never had a tie and any of my schools.

wixard
19-05-2014, 06:37 AM
made my tie every day, the boys used to redo it for me most days cos that was our way of flirting

Jurv
19-05-2014, 06:42 AM
i'd make it everyday

Sian
19-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Never wore a tie, ever. So I don't know how to tie one.

Elegance
19-05-2014, 01:44 PM
i make mine everyday however i still do up my top button (h)

Matthew
19-05-2014, 04:05 PM
make it everyday, windsor knot ftw (H)

UnrealGoffEmo
19-05-2014, 04:51 PM
When I use to go school I would make the not everyday. But in the last year of school they introduced clip on ties to stop people walking around with big fat ties and top buttons undone.

I h8 ties like that bruv yeah

God
19-05-2014, 08:00 PM
why do you wear ties at school? Don't you wear whatever you wish that don't have any offensive material on them or reveals ****, penis, butt, or vag.

UnrealGoffEmo
19-05-2014, 08:56 PM
i made it everyday

most day's i'd rock the windsor knot

but every now and then I'd surprise my adoring classmates with a prince albert and receive school-wide recognition

Sounds cool. I have heard of this ... is it where their is no knot as such!!

akeel$
19-05-2014, 09:35 PM
no i got a clip tie u put it like by ur collar and then you just click it and it'll attach on
they changed it like 2 years ago because students had trouble doing it around their necks

Jazz
20-05-2014, 06:29 PM
why do you wear ties at school? Don't you wear whatever you wish that don't have any offensive material on them or reveals ****, penis, butt, or vag.

school uniform, most uniforms have ties

i never wore a tie at school, girls didnt have to

God
20-05-2014, 06:55 PM
school uniform, most uniforms have ties

i never wore a tie at school, girls didnt have to

why do you have to wear uniforms?

Amberr
20-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I only had to wear a tie for the first two years of high school then they changed the uniform. I used to make it everyday but used to think I was such a badass and make the top of the tie fat and loose.

UnrealGoffEmo
20-05-2014, 07:34 PM
We should wear our tie with the crest showing, but don't

Any other doodes have to show ur crest!?

Jazz
20-05-2014, 08:12 PM

from what i was told at school its so all kids wear the same to avoid bullying or upset, shows pride for your school and shows that you're apart of that community

we have mufti days every term or so where you pay £1 or something for charity and can wear what you want (in reason)

UnrealGoffEmo
20-05-2014, 08:14 PM
from what i was told at school its so all kids wear the same to avoid bullying or upset, shows pride for your school and shows that you're apart of that community

That is just something to say I think. If you don't get bullied for clothes, you are still bullied for how you wear the Uniform.

Am not being arrogant ut experience has taught me this.

Jazz
20-05-2014, 08:16 PM
That is just something to say I think. If you don't get bullied for clothes, you are still bullied for how you wear the Uniform.

Am not being arrogant ut experience has taught me this.

I totally agree with you, I was bullied constantly through all of my education for the way I looked or my height or stupid things like what shoes I wore

This is just what I was told in regards to the question :P

xxMATTGxx
20-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I think I just made it on the Monday and then re-used it for the rest of the week. But sometimes I would re-do it during the week for various reasons I guess.

!x!dude!x!2
20-05-2014, 08:48 PM

There's tons of schools in Canada that have a school uniform too..... My old high school had one and it wasn't cheap.
OT: I go to a school where I don't need to wear a uniform so I don't need to tie a tie

akeel$
20-05-2014, 08:48 PM
lol..

Edited by Bolt660 (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly!

UnrealGoffEmo
20-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I think I just made it on the Monday and then re-used it for the rest of the week. But sometimes I would re-do it during the week for various reasons I guess.

So you could have differing styles, like?

God
20-05-2014, 08:56 PM
There's tons of schools in Canada that have a school uniform too..... My old high school had one and it wasn't cheap.
OT: I go to a school where I don't need to wear a uniform so I don't need to tie a tie
Really??? School uniforms??? I thought it was a good thing to let kids express themselves with their clothing. Also after looking up some prices for uniforms, they aren't cheap!

!x!dude!x!2
20-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Really??? School uniforms??? I thought it was a good thing to let kids express themselves with their clothing. Also after looking up some prices for uniforms, they aren't cheap!

The reason why school uniform were brought in school was because kids kept getting bullied for what they were wearing. My first ever uniform was in grade 4. the principal sent a letter to all our parents asking them what they thought about a uniform policy. Mostly all parents agreed and the uniform was brought in A.S.A.P. I've seen a lot of people get bullied for what they wear because its not 'popular' and its not right. When you have a uniform it's all one brand/company there for you cant really insult a kid for what they are wearing when you're both wearing the same thing. Yes it may cost a lot of money but it has it plus sides

xxMATTGxx
20-05-2014, 09:04 PM
So you could have differing styles, like?

Not really, we had a rule that the tie had to show 7 stripes. Although a lot of people didn't follow this rule and do it very short but if a teacher or a member of senior staff saw then you were pretty much forced to get it correct.

Absently
21-05-2014, 03:04 AM
I had to wear a tie in primary school, I either wore one with a elastic string round it or I made it myself each day. Once we went to secondary school there was a tie but it was not compulsory to wear.

In some aspects I found the uniform policy to be a bit silly for the whole excuse of people are too poor to afford new clothes and whatever as kids like to show them off. For me, my uniform was quite expensive and most years id have to buy new parts of my uniform as for example my jumper was constantly being worn out on my sleeves and would end up wripping or my jumper would stretch in the washing machine or id grow out of it... If anything that'd be something more so to bully about than the clothes you're wearing.

Kuybii
21-05-2014, 06:01 AM
I'm afraid to say I was apart of the fat tie clan. So pro.

wordofwisdom
21-05-2014, 01:12 PM
when i was at school i used to tie it every day we had clip on's but no one used them because you'd get tornented if you did

UnrealGoffEmo
21-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm afraid to say I was apart of the fat tie clan. So pro.

Skiny side out is the way bruv!

Mr-Trainor
21-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Not still at school but yes I did make my own tie everyday and I still do now when I need to wear one :P.

wiktoria
22-05-2014, 05:51 PM
we had clip on ties

Martin
22-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I've never learnt how to make a tie, my mum always did mine ready for me each morning :'(

UnrealGoffEmo
22-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I've never learnt how to make a tie, my mum always did mine ready for me each morning :'(

No harm in that mate

I am terrible at lacing shoes - such is life it often prevails we are good at opposites but not the other!

Richie
22-05-2014, 09:41 PM
In primary school I'm pretty sure a load of kids including myself had the ties that had the elastic on the back of them? All those PAINFUL days of messing with it and accidentally slinging it into your face.

Not sure if normal, poverty or clown college.

Kuybii
23-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Yeah in primary school we had the ties that were on like an elastic band, you just stretched it over your head, under your colar and viola, you have the perfect time everytime :)

UnrealGoffEmo
23-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah in primary school we had the ties that were on like an elastic band, you just stretched it over your head, under your colar and viola, you have the perfect time everytime :)

Evil they where tough too!!!

Eric
30-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes i made my tie everyday well it's doesnt take a lot of effort???

Dragga/God why do you seem so SURPRISED that people actually wear school uniform with a tie. I'm pretty sure there are many schools in this world that has a school uniform for their students. In my country, all public schools are required to wear the same school uniform, since a school uniform here doesn't cost much, compared to casual outfits which it's wayyy cheaper, and they can be bought outside anywhere that sells cheap and quality uniforms, i personally find it very neat and formal to wear a school uniform. Yes wearing the same school uniform looks boringgg and oh i can't express myself but school is an institution to acquire knowledge, obtain an education, not for you to express your personality and get up everyday thinking about what you're going to wear to school
that's going to make you look distinctive from other students, which is often what causes superiority leading to bullying. When you have the freedom to express your own fashion, you'll be having girls wearing skimpy skirts, guys wearing saggy pants with chains and whatnot, that will only spoil the school's atmosphere. I'm all for school uniform cause like some of you said, school uniform is a great way to remove the labels at school and thus less bullying and violence. wearing your own desired clothing would only create superiority among students

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!