PDA

View Full Version : Is fish meat?

iBlueBox
23-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Is fish meat?

yes or no

MKR&*42
23-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes it is bloody meat. I also don't get pescatarians who are only pescatarian because they don't count fish as a living animal which is just beyond me, it's not exactly a plant.

sexpot
23-05-2014, 09:50 PM
yes of course fish is a meat.. are there people who don't think this

MKR&*42
23-05-2014, 09:51 PM
yes of course fish is a meat.. are there people who don't think this

Yes astoundingly.

lemons
23-05-2014, 09:55 PM
no its a flower

Jurv
23-05-2014, 10:13 PM
fish is fish

i don't class it as meat

Lewis
23-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Since when was fish not classed as a meat?

myles
23-05-2014, 10:25 PM
fish aint meat mate

when i think of mea\t i think of a nice jucy stake

Oleh
23-05-2014, 10:56 PM
You never have fish at a carvery, because it isn't meat :)

Zelda
23-05-2014, 11:13 PM
though i personally talk about the two seperately in the sense of oh look we can have either some meat or fish, in terms of being a veggie etc, i do clump fish into the same idea and find it ridiculous pescetarians who wish to claim they are full veggies, like sure say you are a pescetarian and i will have nothing against it, since its much healthier than vegetarian anyway, but don't just deny it. ( my best friend is a pescie and the amount of times ive had to correct her that shes not veggie is ridiculous tbh)

MKR&*42
23-05-2014, 11:23 PM
K birds are no longer meat everyone, they r birds.
--
I'm sorry but meat is just another type of classification - Cows are cattle but that does not mean they're not meat? I don't get why some of you think fish and meat are separate.

meat
the flesh of an animal

God
23-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Fish is one of the meats

Brad
24-05-2014, 01:39 AM
I would say Fish is a type of meat...
Although if I had the option for fish or a chunk of Steak, you know I'd be choosing the steak!

sexpot
24-05-2014, 02:40 AM
meat is defined as the flesh of an animal, so yes fish is meat

!x!dude!x!2
24-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Yes fish is a meat. I thought everyone learned this when we were 8? the 4 food groups ?

Kyle
24-05-2014, 05:37 AM
I don't class fish as meat cos to me meat is fatty n fish aint

also wouldnt eat a cow whole but could eat a fish whole

diff things go away

Metric1
24-05-2014, 05:51 AM
my jesus loving friends eat it on that day when you can't eat meat so i'm going to go with what they thing and say it's not meat.

akeel$
24-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Of course fish is meat.
But people maybe don't see it that way because fish has less "disease" then any other thing. For example, if you eat too much of a lamb or whatever it may be you'll end up sick or in a bad state and therefore we should decrease eating any type of meats however with fish we can see it a different way because it is healthier and eating an average of it everyday is certainly not bad for you infact it is healthy whereas with other types of meat you can get heart burn etc.

Kuybii
24-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry but meat is just another type of classification - Cows are cattle but that does not mean they're not meat? I don't get why some of you think fish and meat are separate.

Nail on the head;
Birds = Meat
Fish = Meat
Cattle = Meat

Fish is just a classification of the word meat. Perfect example is when your on an aeroplane and the lovely orange hostess offers you fish, meat or veggie. You couldn't say yeah we have, meat, meat and the veggie option.

Adam
24-05-2014, 02:56 PM
http://youtu.be/V6c7Vw6R33E?t=57s

Evanora
24-05-2014, 04:35 PM
not sure

Kardan
24-05-2014, 06:52 PM
You never have fish at a carvery, because it isn't meat :)

I never have horse either. Or duck. And I never see lamb either :(

- - - Updated - - -

I don't class fish as meat cos to me meat is fatty n fish aint

also wouldnt eat a cow whole but could eat a fish whole

diff things go away

Pics or it didn't happen.

MKR&*42
24-05-2014, 07:01 PM
I never have horse either. Or duck. And I never see lamb either :(

- - - Updated - - -

Pics or it didn't happen.

After the horse meat scandal who really knows whether you've had horse at a carvery or not ;)

I understand your point d.w. :P

Hollie
24-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Nail on the head;
Birds = Meat
Fish = Meat
Cattle = Meat

Fish is just a classification of the word meat. Perfect example is when your on an aeroplane and the lovely orange hostess offers you fish, meat or veggie. You couldn't say yeah we have, meat, meat and the veggie option.

then why would they not just offer you meat or the veggie option without saying the extra meat? if everyone recognised fish as meat then there wouldn't be any need to say fish, right?

fish is technically meat yes, but if someone asked me what meat I wanted I wouldn't presume fish is included in the options because people just say fish if they mean fish???

James
24-05-2014, 10:29 PM
well theres diff types of meat
red meat
white meat
Fish
& things like bugs (voms)

they're all technically meat just... different branches of it

Kuybii
26-05-2014, 12:11 AM
then why would they not just offer you meat or the veggie option without saying the extra meat? if everyone recognised fish as meat then there wouldn't be any need to say fish, right?

But how would fillis, our lovely orange hostess get across to you what she intends on serving? If she is offering chicken, fish and a veggie option, how would she determine which meats they are without stating their names?

Its like saying chewing gum, chocolate bars and skittles aren't confectionary. They're all different individual items but yet they would still fall under the confectionary category. Just like fish, chicken, pork. All totally different types of meat, but still all come under the same category as meat.

Hollie
28-05-2014, 05:35 PM
But how would fillis, our lovely orange hostess get across to you what she intends on serving? If she is offering chicken, fish and a veggie option, how would she determine which meats they are without stating their names?

Its like saying chewing gum, chocolate bars and skittles aren't confectionary. They're all different individual items but yet they would still fall under the confectionary category. Just like fish, chicken, pork. All totally different types of meat, but still all come under the same category as meat.

saying chicken, fish and the veggie option is stating a name though. the same applies to meat as it does for fish, you'd still have to say what type of fish it is just like you'd have to say what type of meat it is. regardless of whether you said meat (including fish) + the veggie option or fish, meat or the veggie option, you'd still need to expand further and be more specific.

yeah I agree with your second point, I wasn't arguing that fish isn't technically meat. people would still say 'would you like some chocolate?' rather than 'would you like some confectionery?'. same can be applied to meat/fish :P

Matt
29-05-2014, 06:33 AM
I'd say it is meat yeah

akeel$
29-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Animal is meat.
Fish is animal.
Fish is meat.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!