PDA

View Full Version : Guns in the USA vs. childhood stuff

LiquidLuck.
30-05-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/public-interest-public-awareness-ads-35-2.jpg

http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/public-interest-public-awareness-ads-35-3.jpg

Read the sentence on the bottom and discuss, this should be interesting.

Whiskey;

I have one word for the gun laws in the USA: ridiculous.

God
31-05-2014, 01:51 AM
It is their constitutional right to have guns to protect themselves, and for hunting.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Why not ******* get rid of knives, because they kill people.

The Citizens need guns, remember who else took away guns from the people?

Gun Control has nothing to do with guns, but control.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/dictators-disarm-the-people-to-control-them-stalin-pot-hitler-mao-obama-clinton.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ec7OOaVYEkc/UP4h576v6wI/AAAAAAAADQA/0JgiebE8-D8/s1600/Washington.jpg

MKR&*42
31-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Ok whilst I am anti-gun legalisation, if you attempted to remove guns from the USA it'd be a catastrophe. So many people have them, thus if you start taking them away from people they instantly become more vulnerable to those who won't follow the removal of them.
--
p.s. am pretty sure even if the citizens had guns the army, navy, air force etc. could take them down easy Tyler....

!x!dude!x!2
31-05-2014, 07:59 PM
There's actually a lot of laws in America that you have the right to 'Open Carry' a weapon ( Seeings people make stupid videos on YouTube about their rights to carry guns) It's not really a control on guns but more on the people. I know tons of people that own guns and they use them for hunting and have them as a collection. But when you hear about the people who do a drive by shooting or a school shooting. they always add on that 'said person' had a mental problem or they were having a issue in life. I am all for guns. ( I plan on getting some myself when I get older ) But maybe they should do more of a background check on the people before allowing them to own one.

akeel$
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM
the girl at the top right hand corner is very cute ok anyway on topic

this is very upsetting it is basically showing how poor ppl are and how popularity has died and pollution has spread!
#justicefortheworld

Kardan
01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Gun Control has nothing to do with guns

Well, that sums up your post nicely.

One thing I notice is that people that complain about Muslims start moaning about how their century old laws are no longer relevant in the present day and should be abolished, but the 'Everyone can have a gun' law from the 1700's is perfectly acceptable.

You can't take guns out of the US, it's impossible. Stricter laws, maybe. But no way can you get everyone to hand in guns.

!x!dude!x!2
01-06-2014, 01:31 PM

this is very upsetting it is basically showing how poor ppl are and how popularity has died and pollution has spread!
#justicefortheworld

what? how is this showing what poor people are like ?

akeel$
01-06-2014, 03:16 PM
what? how is this showing what poor people are like ?

cos she's in a classroom
duh? she can't get an education so she's shooting people for one

!x!dude!x!2
01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
cos she's in a classroom

NO thats not the point ?!?!? . the point is saying that they have a book banned because of the wine in her basket but not an assault rifle that can/will kill someone

-:Undertaker:-
01-06-2014, 09:32 PM
The adverts posted on this thread are ridiculous as they presume that children in America are legally allowed to use and own guns.

And that's not true so the entire logic of the argument is already in pieces on the floor.

ALSO gun rights were not put into the US Constitution for hunting purposes, they were put in there as a protection against tyranny.

LiquidLuck.
03-06-2014, 01:51 PM

#justicefortheworld

I don't think you understood the advert..

Well, that sums up your post nicely.

One thing I notice is that people that complain about Muslims start moaning about how their century old laws are no longer relevant in the present day and should be abolished, but the 'Everyone can have a gun' law from the 1700's is perfectly acceptable.

You can't take guns out of the US, it's impossible. Stricter laws, maybe. But no way can you get everyone to hand in guns.

I'm anti-guns but I am conscious that we are not living in a utopia so I agree that if it was an overnight thing, the people that use their guns to attack instead of protecting would obviously not hand over their guns and the ''good people'' that have them would be weakened. But in the first place, the people that don't use the guns to protect themselves shouldn't have them in the first place. Also I would love to find a percentage that shows how many of the guns that were used in shootings were illegal because I don't think that most were. So first thing to do would indeed be to have stricter laws and better mental exams before giving them guns.

cos she's in a classroom

Read the bottom sentence of both images...

The adverts posted on this thread are ridiculous as they presume that children in America are legally allowed to use and own guns.

And that's not true so the entire logic of the argument is already in pieces on the floor.

ALSO gun rights were not put into the US Constitution for hunting purposes, they were put in there as a protection against tyranny.

No one is saying that children in America can use and own guns. I know the gun laws are ridiculous but letting children own them would just be mentally insane.

Also God; first lol at the quote from Kardan, he is right. Secondly, you gave 4 examples of terible things that happen but still would have found its way even if guns were allowed. Now, that isn't happening in every single country in Europe is it? Well, we still have stricter gun laws that in the states and less violence as well.

God
03-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Also @God (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=104290); first lol at the quote from Kardan, he is right. Secondly, you gave 4 examples of terible things that happen but still would have found its way even if guns were allowed. Now, that isn't happening in every single country in Europe is it? Well, we still have stricter gun laws that in the states and less violence as well.

Thing is, if noone had guns in the first place to defend themselves, it would be like herding cattle. Atleast with having the chance to buy firearms and to have them, would give them a much better position than nothing at all.

It's never good to leave everything in the hands of a group of people who are easily influenced (money).

Kardan
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Thing is, if noone had guns in the first place to defend themselves, it would be like herding cattle. Atleast with having the chance to buy firearms and to have them, would give them a much better position than nothing at all.

It's never good to leave everything in the hands of a group of people who are easily influenced (money).

The disadvantage of not having guns to defend ourselves with is more than accounted for by the fact that there is less gun crime/death.

God
03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
The disadvantage of not having guns to defend ourselves with is more than accounted for by the fact that there is less gun crime/death.

Legal guns we are talking about, its Illegally bought guns that are the problem.

LiquidLuck.
04-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Legal guns we are talking about, its Illegally bought guns that are the problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

I was gonna do a list of the states that didn't require it but after a few I realised I'd have been here for the whole hour so I did the other way around as you can see below.

States that only require the state permit to purchase: Connecticut, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, Rhode Island.
States that only require a firearm registration: California.

States that require both a state permit to purchase and a firearm registration: Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey.
States that require both a state permit to purchase and an owner's license: Illinois, Massachusetts.

States that require all the above (permit to purchase, firearm registration and owner's license): District of Columbia, Hawaii, New York, (Guam).

So tell me why would you buy an illegal gun if in 15 of the 52 states you don't need a permit to purchase? That's under 30% of the states!

God
08-06-2014, 09:44 PM
LiquidLuck.;

Thing is, you can Outlaw firearms, but that leaves it to the outlaws, not the average Joe.

Prohibited gun laws in Canada are absolutely draconian.

You say Police should have guns? Well they only undergo ONE criminal check, at the start of their career. Registered Canadians are checked randomly daily.

Gun Control is just to take the power away from the Citizens. Not about safety. 10 people on average are killed by Registered Gun Owners in Canada. 16 Kids die from chocking on hotdogs. Thousands are killed by medications. Cars kill loads of people. If it was truly about OUR safety, they would spend their time and resources on others.

IzzyUhh
08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I think it's already been mentioned but gun control is quite a bit more stricter in the UK isnt it and even in the EU and there is probably a lot less gun crime because of it.

Okay it may be there as a protection thing but for the people who use it as a weapon will carry it to cause trouble, not stop it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Don
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM
LiquidLuck.;

Thing is, you can Outlaw firearms, but that leaves it to the outlaws, not the average Joe.

You say Police should have guns? Well they only undergo ONE criminal check, at the start of their career. Registered Canadians are checked randomly daily.

Gun Control is just to take the power away from the Citizens. Not about safety. 10 people on average are killed by Registered Gun Owners in Canada. 16 Kids die from chocking on hotdogs. Thousands are killed by medications. Cars kill loads of people. If it was truly about OUR safety, they would spend their time and resources on others.

[citation needed]

LiquidLuck.
10-06-2014, 12:00 AM
LiquidLuck.;

I think it's already been mentioned but gun control is quite a bit more stricter in the UK isnt it and even in the EU and there is probably a lot less gun crime because of it.

Okay it may be there as a protection thing but for the people who use it as a weapon will carry it to cause trouble, not stop it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Izzy basically answered it once again.

God
10-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Izzy basically answered it once again.

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them. Don't matter if they're legal or illegal, people who want them are gonna get them someway or another.

If Cops and Military men can Have Guns. So should the general population.

I do agree, a Firearms Acquisition Cource should be taken to make sure the owner of the gun knows the proper info about laws and how to safely store, carry, and use such Firearm. (currently needed in Canada to purchase rifles, Shotguns, other non restricted weapons).

Outright banning them from the general public is wrong.

Protection is key, because whos gonna protect you when the police aren't there (or there but not for ur protection?)

Just saying, HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. >_> Hitler

MKR&*42
10-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Legit don't get this whole "the public most protect themselves so let's have guns". I read a story the other day about a guy in the US (I think?) who managed to defend himself against a guy with a gun and overcome him and plot twist he didn't need a gun to do it.

If guns ever got legalised in the UK I would feel 10 x less safe outside. I don't think we need them at all but america is a different situation as it's a pretty messed up situation there anyway.

dangAgentsanta
11-06-2014, 02:05 AM
I mean yes its in the Constitution and they made the law to get rid of them, This is pretty much saying go away constitution No one needs you we make our own rules. I mean We the people should have a say about this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!