PDA

View Full Version : [Dev] Server Issues

xxMATTGxx
05-06-2014, 10:57 PM
HabboxForum.com and HabboxWiki.com are now back open to the public and are in a stable condition. Our main goal this evening was to bring back the forum and then work on the rest of the Habbox websites. While we continue to work on the server and the other sites that are still down this evening and tomorrow then all the remaining sites apart from the forum and the wiki will be redirected to HabboxForum.

We will continue posting updates via the official social media channels and also on the website when we required. If you aren't following us on twitter already then you can do so by going to: http://www.twitter.com/habbox.

We shall also post more information about the recent issues once we have all of the Habbox websites back up and running. We thank you all for your patience during this downtime and we hope to get this sorted ASAP.

Note: If you have friends who are saying they can't access the forum and it's still taking them to the "Habbox will be back shorty" page then please do remind them that they need to clear their cache.

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Last night Habbox asked the datacenter to do a memory test on the server to see if we could detect any problems with the memory that might have been causing the issues that would cause the server to randomly reboot which would then corrupt the databases. After the short memory test was taken place we then requested to do a full memory test this morning at around 9am BST. These tests can take a very long time which is why none of the Habbox websites were loading for the majority of the day.

As you can see, HabboxForum is now stable and we are working to repair the databases for the other Habbox websites hosted on the server. Once we have done that we will then start cleaning and optimising the services for the best redundancy and performance.

Recursion
08-06-2014, 12:38 AM
I have spent today rebuilding our MySQL databases with as little data loss as possible. Luckily the tables that were corrupt contained very little in the way of important data and as such you probably won't notice what's missing. To minimise this I restored these tables from our last working backup (~5 days ago).

I have taken two full backups in the last 30 minutes whilst MySQL data is entirely clean, to ensure we have usable backups just in case something else happens.

All Habbox sites are now back open. Staff should resume their daily activities. If anyone sees any issues, please post in the issues thread in the Feedback forum.

My access stops at the datacenter, so I am waiting for Jin to tell us what happened to the final memtest I ordered. We decided to do a short memory test first to see wether we could get it sorted and back online quickly, this did not pick anything up and as such Jin gave the go ahead to do a full memory test which took a good few hours. If Jin comes back and tells me no errors were found I shall be conducting a full hardware and software audit to try and track the culprit of our server deaths. Tomorrow I will be working to restore our automated backups and provide SQL redundancy across a VPN to another server of ours.

If you'd like to discuss this, or wish for any more information please contact me via PM.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!