PDA

View Full Version : Dj Henderz, abaibai <3

Kuybii
17-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Hey All!

So much love to those who spoke to me because at the time i would have sincerely appreciated it. It maybe just me but the main reason as to why I'm leaving is i feel current management don't make an effort with the DJ's. Strictly speaking of HxL here. This isn't a full on attack on Gina or Calum but not once have they tried to get to know me, MANY other DJ's have, so why not management? I don't feel comfortable working in a broken team, nor a team that isn't interested in helping each other out. So for this i fell out of love and over this past 2 weeks, i haven't been looking forward to logging into Skype to see whats happening because i know it'll only either be childish remarks in the chat or beckoned orders. This was completely different when James was here.

I haven't been here long so i'm not exactly going to be missed...but to those who do want to stay in touch, you know where to find me. Also @Despect (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59633); thanks matey for being a super wicked guy and providing me with my 2nd opportunity as a Habbox Radio DJ. Maybe when you return, i'll return ahhaha. A manager personally i feel higher Habbox management should have tried to keep hold of.

Peace oot!

@Yuxin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=63975); @Calum0812 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=112488);

Thread moved by Calum0812 (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Welcome To HabboxForum / Goodbye' as I feel it is better suited here.

Danny
17-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Gina has not long taken the reins as Manager and has exams going on so i'm sure her focus at the moment hasn't been truly on the radio right now so it's been hard for her to get to know all djs. Think of the amount of DJs there are and how hard it is to know each and everyone. Calum i'm sure has gotten to know his team when he was Head Dj, not long has he been Assistant Manager and is busy doing the things Gina would normally do and finding his feet so i'm going to say is another factor into not getting to know all Dj's just yet. I think people should be a little more patient right now and take into consideration the time of year it is right now, but at the end of the day it's your choice and opinion. I wish you well and hope to hear from you sometime in the future!

IzzyUhh
17-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Aw bye Kieran I WILL MISS YOU
TEAM ECHO SENIOR 4EVA FANX

But the thing about Gina & Calum, It's a bit unfair to judge so far as Gina has been incredibly busy with her exams and Calum has only just got into the role :P But bye henderz :'(

Calum0812
17-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Not blaming us but then complaining we didn't get to know you?
I'm honestly doing my best to do everything a manager should be doing while Gina is away. Not only am I still learning but I am being given the reins because of Gina's absence.

Unfortunately, and this is going to look bad, but I simply do not have time at the moment to make small talk with people because of the workload I am under. General Management are being fantastic by helping out but it's still very busy. People can vouch for me on this because I've been speaking to a lot of people (like friends of mine) less recently.

I think you've judged us very quickly, Gina being new to management and be being brand spanking new out of the box, to say that we aren't as good as James is correct, however I doubt anyone was expecting us to be seeings as we have no where near the same level of experience as him. Thankfully, he is still about to answer my stupid questions where needed.

I'd also like to raise the point that you've never made the effort to get to know me so I'm confused as to why you think it should be "us getting to know you" and not the other way around. That's not me being stuck up but if someone pops up to me I'll do my best to answer, but I haven't got time to message every member of the department as much as I would like to do so..

To close, thanks for your time Henderz, it's a shame you didn't bring this up with us sooner and it has instead lead to this.

Kyle
17-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Remember how big the team is. Remember that heads and seniors are often going to be your first port of call. It's a little silly to resign purely on the basis that the head honcho isn't speaking to you, there are clearly others in the department that really do love you and those outside of it who love your djing. Hope to see u some time in the future :)

Inseriousity.
17-06-2014, 07:14 PM
With a big department like HxL it's harder for management to get to know everyone like you can with a smaller team. Sometimes those people that are seen as being good are left alone and more energy spent on people who need the extra support so it's usually a compliment.

Good luck with the future though :)

Storking
17-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I understand your point of view but HxL is such a large department compared to all others; it's impossible for the two members of management to bond with every member of staff regularly.

you were one of my favourite DJs. bye henderz!

basically echo'd what everyone else is saying woops!:¬:

despect
17-06-2014, 07:21 PM
It's a real shame to see you resign I always thought you had potential to move up the ranks. But I think You should reconsider and give both Gina & Calum a chance to show what they can do. I left HabboxLive because I felt it was in safe hands and I still think the same. You are a great DJ and if you are actually going to leave then I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to move onto :). x

FlyingJesus
17-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Don't really blame them tbh

Rachel
17-06-2014, 07:31 PM
I personally think Gina and Calum are doing just fine. Yes Gina is busy due to exams but you can't expect her to be on 24/7 either. She does takes the time to get to know us and so does Calum. Like he said, he just started as Assistant Manager and Gina is new as well in the management department so it would of been nice to give her & him a chance. I agree James was a great manager and he was new at this when he first started but then he perfected his role because everyone gave him a chance to do so, so why not do the same for Gina & Calum?

Although it is sad to see you resign but it is your choice to do so. I wish you the best of luck in the future xo

Kuybii
17-06-2014, 07:34 PM
What i dont think y'all are getting is that i felt appreciated working under James. I would break my back for James if i had too. I didn't feel the same way with the newer management. As stated this wasn't an attack on them nor their ability to do their job, but i don't feel comfortable serving anyone who doesn't appreciate me. I spent money and time to ensure my shows and my effort was appreciated and James has been the only one to mention anything.

So maybe i worded it wrong in my original post but for me, BRING BACK JAMES. To add, this isn't an empty threat or whatever. These views are not only of my own. I spoken to other DJ's before my resignation and they felt exactly the same, where as they were happy to stay for now, I wanted to leave.

scottish
17-06-2014, 07:40 PM
good luck in life

goodbye

FlyingJesus
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM
James resigned, there's no injustice going on against him and calling for him to be brought back is going against his own wishes so nice one. Here have a fish I hope it makes you feel appreciated since you apparently can't do without :¬:

IzzyUhh
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't really see much logic in that other than Gina and Calum have only just recently become a team and both are busy and trying their hardest atm. I know James was a brilliant manager but unfortunantly he resigned but now we have 2 fab new managers and will hopefully make the dept asfab as before. I've had like what 5 different managers whilst I've been at hxl which isn't a great amount of time but you get used to working with them after a while, It's a shame you haven't stayed to test that :P

Kyle
17-06-2014, 07:46 PM
james seems to have been more intimate with his staff whereas current management moreso with actual community and getting name out there. I know which one I prefer.

Danny
17-06-2014, 07:46 PM
How on earth can anybody be appreciated or whatever, when both of the people you're talking about are extremely busy. Gina is busy IRL, doing her exams right now. It's a little hard for her right now to boost your ego because you feel like you deserve it. As stated before, Calum is just as busy doing Gina's work, he can't be talking to literally everyone. James himself has said that he feels HabboxLive is in good hands, even James himself would get busy and find it hard to welcome everyone. Incidently, nobody forced you to spend your money for Djing, that was your decision. Also I remember that when you hosted the Disney thing with Gina [think it was Gina] she said how good it was and how much fun it was, that's recognition, is it not? You can't get recognition all the time, there are so many Dj's and we're in a busy time of year for some people, please take that into consideration.

kitten
17-06-2014, 07:52 PM
good riddance if u ask me

really i just don't understand why you're quitting after all of your hard work just because the management aren't giving you any attention??
there are so many staff members in hxl and i don't think gina/calum have the time to talk to each person individually nor do they have to meet up to your expectations of them. i'm sure once they're free they would love the chance to get to know you but you can't just quit because over this short period of time they aren't talking to you(????) surely that's not a real reason to resign lol

anyway bye

Rachel
17-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I know from the bottom of my heart both of them appreciate everyone's work. You can't expect be in the spotlight all the time but you do get appreciated for your work.

Gina
17-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I hope you realise that there are also another 50 DJs in the department and I have exams
I don't see why you're blaming Calum either considering he only got assistant a couple of days ago
You haven't exactly made an effort either :P
Would prob understand if you've messaged me saying Hi and I ignored you or something but the only time you've properly messaged me was when I got manager and assistant was open and you wanted to know if apps were going to be open so it's not like you made an effort either :P

I was going to reply to this like 20 minutes ago but my internet died and it came back up and both Habbo and Habbox died ;l

Anyway, you were a good DJ and it's a shame to see you go

You prob could've messaged my Skype saying it before deleting me when I wasn't even home but y'know whatever floats your boat

Inseriousity.
17-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh well that's fair enough. If that's how you feel then maybe management will look into that. Maybe you can say what James did differently that made you feel more appreciated so that they know how to improve their system cos chances are they're doing the same things (feedback PMs, reports etc) as they haven't been in the role long enough to change anything.

Calum0812
17-06-2014, 08:15 PM
What i dont think y'all are getting is that i felt appreciated working under James. I would break my back for James if i had too. I didn't feel the same way with the newer management. As stated this wasn't an attack on them nor their ability to do their job, but i don't feel comfortable serving anyone who doesn't appreciate me. I spent money and time to ensure my shows and my effort was appreciated and James has been the only one to mention anything.

So maybe i worded it wrong in my original post but for me, BRING BACK JAMES. To add, this isn't an empty threat or whatever. These views are not only of my own. I spoken to other DJ's before my resignation and they felt exactly the same, where as they were happy to stay for now, I wanted to leave.
Appreciated working under James? Sorry to offend James if I do here but what did he do to make you feel so appreciated? Admittedly I'm not very good with the community side of things, I'm much better with the admin stuff, sorting events (like organising them), PMs, complaints whatever. While I don't deny that Gina can do all of the above, she is fantastic with the community and events, a lot better than I am. For that reason I think we will work well together given the chance.
You've given us about two weeks. Me? About two days. Already you decide to jump to the decision that you don't feel as "appreciated" under new management. Waiting for my warning for this next comment but here we go - Head DJs work A LOT, A LOT LOT HARDER than Seniors. They have SO MUCH MORE to do. Danny.R.H2012; recently went through the transition so perhaps he can comment further. If you feel like you need a pat on the back everytime you do something, Habbox may not be the right place for you because so far I've had very few "well done Calum"s and a lot more "erm Calum..."s. I don't have a problem with this, any criticism surely makes the department better.

Bring James back? In my eyes he is still here, he's there when me and Gina want to get some advice on something we should know and would get laughed at by GM if we go to them (joking they love us).
If these views are not only of your own, I would like to hear from the other DJs directly so I can actually work towards solving these issues. Senior+ staff resigning out of the blue then creating a thread moaning about how crap we are doesn't allow Gina or I to do that.

Samantha
17-06-2014, 08:41 PM
There's me thinking you volunteer because you want to work for Habbox and not want your abilities acknowledging and reinforcing every 5 minutes.

It's a big department, you can't expect to feel appreciated all of the time, but when you do get appreciated it's because you stick it out until your time comes, or outshine the other DJs that we have currently. Your appreciation should have really been a given when you were promoted to senior DJ, it showed how capable you were in the role and that appreciation will continue if you do your role, and really have the heart to do the best you can. Now I'm not saying you didn't, but if you don't feel appreciated, then talk to someone about it - you could have spoken to your Head DJ, any of the HabboxLive Managers providing they were available or any member of the General Management team, not go bull headed and resign as that makes you look like you rage quit a role that took some getting! Making a thread doesn't help, and it's OK to have your opinion, but others have a much different one, it doesn't mean it's wrong and I understand you don't mean to target the HabboxLive Management, it's just a little hard when you can't really be subtle about 2 people when you're only in one department!

What makes you feel so unappreciated? It's a hard time for many people with exams and the summer holidays coming up. They can't be on all the time to ensure that all DJs feel happy and know they're doing well in the role! If you don't feel appreciated, or just need to take time off for some self loathing then use the away thread - we won't begrudge you of that and we'll understand as sometimes volunteering for a site that you don't get paid for or anything is a bit disheartening. However, working at something, yes it may take time, but you'll eventually feel that appreciation - perhaps even telling yourself you've done something well, or done the role you are meant to do could be self appreciation, when Calum and Gina aren't available to give you that.

It's a little repetitive, but they do have a big team and they're both only young - it's a bit overwhelming for anyone let alone two young, new managers! James understandably was amazing too, but Calum and Gina just need to settle in more to emphasise their abilities and make sure all DJs understand their duties and feel somewhat a part of the team. I can guarantee though, Habbox is probably one of the best for appreciation as most other fansites have a radio team bigger than ours, an event team bigger than ours etc. which really would you feel appreciated then when their job could be more difficult?

I've waffled on and this probably doesn't make any sense.

Brad
17-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I feel this whole thread as well could of been more of a feedback, than a resignation. Gina and Calum are trying to improve themselves, and so what if they don't talk to you? I don't think I have ever talked to Calum.. and I've only talked to Gina a bit- that doesn't mean I'm going to go off and resign. Habboxlive is there for the listeners, not for yourself. It almost sounds like a pride issue where you are constantly needing approval from management.

Yes, we all want to be recognized once in a while, but when you are making threads like this, you are giving the wrong impression as to how Gina and Calum are going to react to you now.

Maybe it is a good thing you are leaving... It'll give you time to clear your head and think about what Habboxlive truly meant for you.

(And in no way was my comment above about calum and Gina's relationship with me supposed to me as an incentive for them to talk with me)

despect
17-06-2014, 09:02 PM
james seems to have been more intimate with his staff whereas current management moreso with actual community and getting name out there. I know which one I prefer.

Excuse me? Who do you do you think was coming up with all the events for the community hosted by HabboxLive? Me. Not anyone else. Infact, you are completely wrong to say I never interacted with the community. I actually encouraged my staff to interact with the community more especially those who were in the Senior+ :P. I interacted as much as I possibly could.

FlyingJesus
17-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Fight fight fight

Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please don't post pointlessly.

Kyle
17-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Excuse me? Who do you do you think was coming up with all the events for the community hosted by HabboxLive? Me. Not anyone else. Infact, you are completely wrong to say I never interacted with the community. I actually encouraged my staff to interact with the community more especially those who were in the Senior+ :P. I interacted as much as I possibly could.
You were very much involved in encouraging your staff to do as much as possible but not in my personal opinion as approachable or friendly to the community as current management are. This could be down to an age gap, too much focus on your relationship or just plain disinterestedness towards getting to know people you weren't ultimately responsible for. It's not that you were bad, you were just dull compared to the shining stars we have now. :) Well done for training them so well.

despect
17-06-2014, 09:15 PM
You were very much involved in encouraging your staff to do as much as possible but not in my personal opinion as approachable or friendly to the community as current management are. This could be down to an age gap, too much focus on your relationship or just plain disinterestedness towards getting to know people you weren't ultimately responsible for. It's not that you were bad, you were just dull compared to the shining stars we have now. :) Well done for training them so well.

Speak for yourself! :).

Cant please everyone sadly!

Kyle
17-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Speak for yourself! :).

Cant please everyone sadly!
is that passive aggression i see

i hope to read a feedback thread on hxl soon

Inseriousity.
17-06-2014, 09:24 PM
lol theyve only been management for like a month. where's this 'gina has saved hxl' rhetoric come from. HxL has only done as well as it has because of the consistently strong management it had beforehand, she hasn't had time to put her own stamp on things yet. I'm sure she will, I look forward to seeing it :)

Reality
17-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Bye!
But that was very targeted considering!

Kardan
17-06-2014, 10:34 PM
And people still find things to complain about the best department.

But yes Kuybii; how dare you not feel appreciated in your Senior DJ role by a 15 year old trying to manage 50+ other staff members whilst taking GCSEs and the assistant who hasn't been in the role for a week. And yes, I agree that Habbox should totally force back the old manager into his role even though he resigned.

Seriously though, you're not doing yourself any favours if you ever wanted to rejoin the department.

Absently
17-06-2014, 11:53 PM
bye.

personally from my (so far short!) experience having people tune into me and having listeners tell me they enjoyed my show is completely enough for me! and also don't forget we do get reports each month telling us how we've done so that rly is appreciation

Logandyer45
18-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Hey Henderz,

Gina and Calum can't really get to know everyone, yes, they know me well, but that's because they have worked with me for a bit of time now. Granite that I have sorta a reputation of coming & going which is over because obv this is my last straw with General Management, but you can't blame them.

Gina has been on away due to exams, and both Gina and Calum being new just can't be a reason why to leave. They are new to the role, you gotta give them time tho.

All in all, I hope you decide to take these great people & their comments to heart and return in 30 days or longer.

Otherwise, have a good life!

!x!dude!x!2
18-06-2014, 02:36 AM
Peace out bud

nice attack on management. #GinaIsTheBest

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!