PDA

View Full Version : Youth Unemployment: What is the solution?

-:Undertaker:-
24-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Youth Unemployment: What is the solution?

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20101219/jasmine_milani20101219235538450.jpg

In recent years, securing a job for both graduates and non-graduates both in Great Britain and the western world as a whole has appeared to get harder and harder. This is despite more young people going to University than ever before, and the economy being geared to more tech-savvy younger people with the rise of the internet and online retail/shopping. As of earlier this year, the youth unemployment rate stood at over 900,000 and the longer term youth unemployment rate (out of work for over a year) stood at over 250,000.

So how can this be reduced? Or indeed, is this even a problem given the high turnover rate for almost two thirds of the youth unemployment figure? Is the correct way to go about solving youth unemployment more state action, or instead providing incentives (ie, tax breaks and looser regulations) for companies to hire younger workers to grant them experience in the workplace?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum. Positive contributions towards official debates will sometimes be rewarded with a month's VIP subscription in a colour of your choice as part of the Top Contributor award. As well as this, reputation will be awarded throughout the debate to those who make valid and constructive posts. Those who make the best contributions within a month win the Debater of the Month award and wins themselves a month's worth of forum VIP and 10 reputation points. Finally, those who create debate topics that generate a lot of buzz and engaging discussion will receive 20 reputation points.

The debate is open to you.

God
28-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Well, I believe that once you 'grow up' your forced into Economic Slavery for the rest of your waking life. This is one of the many reasons kids aren't getting jobs when they are 16-18.

Jssy
28-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Before I've even gone to Uni, I'm 18 and never worked a day in my life. I have secured a job throughout the year at sixth form but not any seasonal jobs or anything. I believe it is a case of who you know when it comes to youth jobs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!