PDA

View Full Version : Results Day 2014

Matthew
11-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Its fast approaching once again!

How are you feeling? Confident? Nervous?

Jssy
11-08-2014, 03:44 PM
HxSS is masking my fear. I did do 4 hours of revision a day though, but I'm only waiting on AS results not A2

Drewar
11-08-2014, 04:24 PM
We don't have a "Results Day" in Canada, and I already have finished Uni... so I'm feeling great, tbh :p

I imagine if there was such thing as "Results" day in Canada that I would be a basket case of stress, though. I get extremely anxious when it comes to academics.

Absently
11-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I got my results last month and I couldn't have been happier! Good luck to anyone receiving them :) x

Kardan
11-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I got my Uni results last month - A-Level results seems like such a long time ago now. Good luck all.

Circadia
11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Slightly nervous because I think I've done terrible due to family problems for the past year so I dunno but it's only AS results so it's not that bad

Sharon
11-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I didn't go to school for the last 2 month or so because of my own issues so I ****** up in terms of any revision and I didn't do any revision at home either because I just couldn't so my results will be interesting because it shows how smart I actually because I did no revision lol

and I basically slept through and over thought about my own problems in the exams then realised half way though the time it's actually an exam lol sooooo ****** tbh none of my family really know this either

Doesnt scare me though I don't really care because I'm C confident on everything so who cares still gonna get into college lol

lemons
11-08-2014, 05:46 PM
ugh I WISH IT WAS GCSE RESULTS AGAIN

Rainbow
11-08-2014, 05:58 PM
really nervous cry i get mine in 2 daysss:(

geo
11-08-2014, 08:32 PM
feel sick thinking about it... so i try my best not to

it's AS results but i really do want to go to a certain uni and if i haven't done well (which i don't think i have) then it'll suck

my 2 best subjects (strengths wise) seemed to be the worst exams

james,
11-08-2014, 10:16 PM
got my results a few years ago, but good luck everyone!

CrazyLemurs
12-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Mine are GCSE so I don't get them for another 9 days, but I seem to be the only one happy with things. Some bits of coursework went a lot better than I expected and the exams weren't impossible, so I could be surprised by some subjects. Did originally want all A and A* but my foreign-trained business teacher had almost no knowledge of how to mark properly so I'm already on a B for that. Otherwise hopefully should go really well

(dnt h8 cos ur jel)

Kyle
12-08-2014, 02:29 AM
nobody cares about your results in the real world sorry folks

good luck though

e5
12-08-2014, 06:46 AM
I remember results day, really didn't bother me. Think I was in Tenerife when they came out lol :P

!:random!:!
12-08-2014, 07:50 AM
well am fine ;) i don't get mine till next year but my boyfriend is picking up his a-levels and he is nervous so am going with him

Matt
12-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I do my exams in November and get my results on 29th December!

Goodluck to everyone getting theirs within the next few weeks :)

Matthew
12-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Mine are GCSE so I don't get them for another 9 days, but I seem to be the only one happy with things. Some bits of coursework went a lot better than I expected and the exams weren't impossible, so I could be surprised by some subjects. Did originally want all A and A* but my foreign-trained business teacher had almost no knowledge of how to mark properly so I'm already on a B for that. Otherwise hopefully should go really well

(dnt h8 cos ur jel)

I'm pretty relaxed about my a level results too :)

feel sorry for people who are worrying themselves to death :(

CrazyLemurs
12-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Definitely, I hate worrying about school because I think it's one of the most excruciating. I worry about money instead lol

lRhyss
13-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

I'm sure you've all done great :D

lemons
13-08-2014, 10:52 AM
accidentally came across grade boundaries for tomorrows results lmfao what a disaster

Sian
13-08-2014, 12:30 PM
nobody cares about your results in the real world sorry folks

good luck though

Every job I've applied for (apart from shops) have repeatedly made sure I had atleast 5 gcses and higher qualifications. So I'm afraid they do count in the real world :p.

Though who knows when I'll next have results. Graduated last year...

lemons
13-08-2014, 12:35 PM

pregnancy test

Kyle
13-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Every job I've applied for (apart from shops) have repeatedly made sure I had atleast 5 gcses and higher qualifications. So I'm afraid they do count in the real world :p.

they care that you have GCSEs, not what results they were so long as they are Cs or above :P

Jssy
13-08-2014, 04:30 PM
im actually really nervous for tomorrow b.c i did my a-levels a year late I'm 18 so I can't resit this year

geo
13-08-2014, 04:55 PM
accidentally came across grade boundaries for tomorrows results lmfao what a disaster

ugh i can't remember subject exam boards so i can't even check. pretty sure i've done quite badly anyway

ughh

Yupt
13-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Best of luck to all of you getting your results tomorrow. I remember absolutely bricking myself this time last year, probably didn't help when I locked myself out of ucas on results day morning - oops!

Hope you all get what you need!!

Matthew
13-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Best of luck everyone!

lawrawrrr
13-08-2014, 09:31 PM
My sister's getting her A Level results and I'm more worried about that 'cos she's gonna be devastated if she doesn't get in :(

Inseriousity.
13-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Good luck to everyone getting results. So glad I don't have to do that anymore :D

Mark
13-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Best of luck everyone! What unis is everyone going/applied to and what course?

The Don
13-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Good luck everybody! Not too long until you all find out now!

-:Undertaker:-
14-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Goodluck to all, I am out in town tomorrow night too so it should be good with it being results night and all that.

Amberr
14-08-2014, 07:40 AM
got my grades, going to southampton!!! so bloody happy :D

Kyle
14-08-2014, 07:40 AM
congrats amber :)

GL all

Absently
14-08-2014, 07:41 AM

Congratulations :)

Amberr
14-08-2014, 07:58 AM
THANKSSSS :D

Jurv
14-08-2014, 08:00 AM
im shaking like mad i cant believe i got into my first choice uni i feel like crying

literally i've been so stressed and AHHHHH i just feel amazing. definitely getting drunk and enjoying myself tomorrow

Yupt
14-08-2014, 08:42 AM

im shaking like mad i cant believe i got into my first choice uni i feel like crying

literally i've been so stressed and AHHHHH i just feel amazing. definitely getting drunk and enjoying myself tomorrow

woo congratulations guys thats amazing!! Bet it all feels worth it now.

Jurv
14-08-2014, 08:47 AM
it's a massive weight off my shoulders!! it's literally gotten me so down since leaving college. bring on edge hill sept 2k14!!

Amberr
14-08-2014, 08:52 AM
it's a massive weight off my shoulders!! it's literally gotten me so down since leaving college. bring on edge hill sept 2k14!!

WAHOOO GO JURVY. PARTEYYYYYY

wixard
14-08-2014, 08:54 AM
congrats amber and Cameron I feel like a proud mum watching you both grow up!!!

Jurv
14-08-2014, 08:56 AM
WAHOOO GO JURVY. PARTEYYYYYY

WELL DONE AMBZZ. XXXXXXXXXXX GOTTA GET THE BUBBLY OUT

congrats amber and Cameron I feel like a proud mum watching you both grow up!!!

aw thank you tara!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amberr
14-08-2014, 08:57 AM
this is all so emotional :'), hope everyone else got the results they wanted!

Jordan
14-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Got what I expected and got asked to be recorded opening for the radio [emoji15] ahahah. Well done guys!

Circadia
14-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Got
Maths - U
Psychology - D
English Lang - C
Drama - C

ive cried.. A lot, worst results I've ever got

CrazyLemurs
14-08-2014, 10:02 AM
aww abi it's alright to not have done as well as you expected; everybody misses the mark sometime or another! don't be fooled into thinking you haven't got any alternatives to what you had intended. lower grades than you expected /=/ bad grades x

Matthew
14-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Off to KPMG and Durham!

Got A*ABB though one of those Bs i'm shocked by.. my whole school basically dropped 1/2 grades in history so they're all getting remarked. My teacher was frankly disgusted by the results.. Its meant one of my friends has missed her oxford offer for History too so hopefully for her sake there has been a mistake as everyone seems to think there has! I'm gutted for her, she was distraught :'(

Well done to everyone!

Zelda
14-08-2014, 10:10 AM
got:

Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

Step I - 1
Step II - 1
Step III - S

off to cambridge woo :)

lawrawrrr
14-08-2014, 10:11 AM

My friend works there in the students union!!!! Well done!!

Circadia
14-08-2014, 10:21 AM
aww abi it's alright to not have done as well as you expected; everybody misses the mark sometime or another! don't be fooled into thinking you haven't got any alternatives to what you had intended. lower grades than you expected /=/ bad grades x

Just not used to getting such low grades I usually get A*'s and A's apart from maths

wixard
14-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Got
Maths - U
Psychology - D
English Lang - C
Drama - C

for once agree with lemurs it's not the end of the world and there are plenty of alternatives and routes to do what you want to do

do t let your results define you or your intelligence

TheDoctor.
14-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Congrats everyone on their results! I didn't sit any exams this year but I will be going to BU :D

=Lizzy
14-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Got
Maths - U
Psychology - D
English Lang - C
Drama - C

C's and D's and not bad at all! dont beat yourself up, with the maths you can either drop it or retake it.
My friend got his results back today and got 2 u's 1 e and 1 c and he's just dropping the two u's!
Loads of people get good jobs without a levels so i wouldnt worry too much over it :) x

Roxy
14-08-2014, 10:59 AM
A* - Geography
A - Economics
B - English Lit

Missed my offer for Leeds as they wanted AAA but they did offer me an alternative course so undecided what I'm going to do yet :(

buttons
14-08-2014, 11:03 AM

congrats guys, see u didnt need to worry cameron!! enjoy uni

Got what I expected and got asked to be recorded opening for the radio [emoji15] ahahah. Well done guys!
well done n ew recording yourself

Got
Maths - U
Psychology - D
English Lang - C
Drama - C

C and D is still a pass right? and u can retakes? & im the same, used to get A's and always the best in class for psych and soc but then every year it went down and down cause i never pushed myself up a level, stuck to what i was used to cause that got me my original a 's,

Off to KPMG and Durham!

Got A*ABB though one of those Bs i'm shocked by.. my whole school basically dropped 1/2 grades in history so they're all getting remarked. My teacher was frankly disgusted by the results.. Its meant one of my friends has missed her oxford offer for History too so hopefully for her sake there has been a mistake as everyone seems to think there has! I'm gutted for her, she was distraught :'(

Well done to everyone!
congrats and oh no not a b and meh look on the bright side,even if she doesn't get oxford she will still get a good uni, my first choice uni ended up being crap even tho it's one of the olds ones so i dropped out for a different more modern uni n so glad i did

got:

Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

Step I - 1
Step II - 1
Step III - S

off to cambridge woo :)
congratulations

Just not used to getting such low grades I usually get A*'s and A's apart from maths
yea **** maths lol i failed mine then only got a c in retake
Roxy; don't downgrade to stay in a uni u like, go for a course ur gonna enjoy.

my uni literally only asks for c's and their success and employment rate after finishing a degree is v. high

Matthew
14-08-2014, 11:15 AM
congrats and oh no not a b and meh look on the bright side,even if she doesn't get oxford she will still get a good uni, my first choice uni ended up being crap even tho it's one of the olds ones so i dropped out for a different more modern uni n so glad i did

yeah I know it looks proper snobby of me to be gutted about a B but seriously I'm shocked! As I said everyone in the class (or two classes) dropped at least one grade from what they were expecting so something is clearly up! I am seriously gutted for the girl that missed the oxford offer though, seriously she knows EVERYTHING about history or so it seems haha. She got an 'M1' (the equivalent of a high B at A level) when she was expecting at the very least a 'D3' (an A) but tbh everyone expected her to get a 'D2' (an A*) or even a D1 (God-status). I'm not sure what her back up is but she really deserves to get into Oxford, her results bar the history hiccup were outstanding but her offer as it was for history specified that she needed a D3 in it (I think it was a D3 anyway).

But yeah hopefully I'll get some good news in a few weeks time, not sure how long it takes!

buttons
14-08-2014, 11:25 AM
yea i kno am kidding, id be pissed if i worked rly hard n didnt get what i want. i got a's in my highers n advanced highers but now in uni im happy with a B lmao
i feel soz for u english tho cause exams and results are so important to u. it wasn't to the majority of people when we were doing exams. everyone just wanted to drop out after gcse..

Inseriousity.
14-08-2014, 11:48 AM
My Religious Studies exam was like that. was on course for a B but cos of 1 exam everyone dropped down a grade. even more annoying cos there were 2 modules that year where I got an A in the first 1 and an E in the 2nd so it just proves a dodgy exam can ruin things.

Well done to everyone who got into uni and well done to everyone who didn't get the grades/in the uni they wanted (because there are still lots of possibilities you can do) :D

lemons
14-08-2014, 12:02 PM
im so annoyed with my geography result!

i got a B for the exam which was worth 70% and a U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the 30% exam so overall C! so confused uGh

14-08-2014, 12:10 PM
weldone to all! i hope you all enjoy your uni's and to those who didn't get the grades they want its not end of the world either re-sit your exams or choose a diff uni! my bf got D U E in his A-levels (first year)

D- buisness
U- physics
E- ict

Samantha
14-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Congratulations everyone! My sister got her results, she was there at 7am and everything, she's going to Huddersfield and managed to get an A, B, C which she wasn't expecting so she's very happy :P. Although she keeps going "I'm moving out in a month." It's a bit too soon for our mum to handle ;).

kfc
14-08-2014, 12:39 PM
IM GOIN TO UNI

The Don
14-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Congratulations Everyone! And to those that didn't do as well as they had hoped remember it's not the end of the world and there's no point dwelling on and comparing your results to everyone else's! Sure, it's going to take a little bit longer to get where you're aiming, but what's an extra 12 months compared to the rest of your life? You know where you need to improve and now you can really focus on getting those desired grades.

Kardan
14-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Got
Maths - U
Psychology - D
English Lang - C
Drama - C

You said they're only AS results right? If so, you've got plenty of time to turn it around, and even if not there's still plenty of options.

Me and Char wanted to both do the same course at Uni, Mathematics. I got AABB in my A-Level results, Charlotte got something like CCD. She was obviously distraught, but she still got a place at a Uni (one that accepted her grades) and I went off to my first choice Uni.

But just like everything else, A-Level results go out the window at Uni. I only got a 2:1, but she got a first, so look who is laughing now :P

geo
14-08-2014, 04:23 PM
AS Results back today and i'm honestly so so happy with them!!!! :)

film - A - soooooooooo shocked wtf my exam was awful

media - B - happy but gonna redo the exam module as i got a D in the exam (apparently everyone did crap so its gonna be reviewed) and 96/100 in cw

sociology - B - 4 off an A so gonna work my butt off to get that up next yr

psychology - D - i was expecting a U, and seeing that i was so close to a C was amazing. was prepared for complete failure in this and i think my teachers were too.

hopefully if i continue to work hard next year i can get it to AAB or AAA (wishful thinking) and get into the uni i really want to go to

Jssy
15-08-2014, 12:05 AM
i wanna do midwifery which im applying for 2015 entry and honestly my grades seem awful but im happy because my whole philosophy class didnt get higher than a D so its not just me. woman at sixth form said they're all classed as passes even tho I hate the D's and that I'd done 5 rather than 3, which in itself wasnt the best idea lmao

media - b (woop we called our production company U Grade productions as we though our coursework was crap, we all got B's on our cw in my group and I got the highest mark)

english - c (got a U on my mock so will wave this in my english teachers face wooo)

travel and tourism - c (got a D n the exam but B in both coursework, I actually thought I got top marks on the exam)

Philosophy and ethics - D, no surprise really. my teacher was teaching us from a revision guide

Sociology - D very surprised. Got an E on one paper and C on the other. Was meant to be self teaching this for A2 but doubt it now tbh

Honor-Branch
20-08-2014, 09:28 PM
wut grades ya got

Thread merged by mdport. (Forum Moderator) as they are on the same topic!

Martin
20-08-2014, 09:31 PM
GCSE

Maths B
English Literature A
English Language C
Science Double C,C
History B
German Speaking A*
German Listening B
German Reading B
German Writing B
Music B
Art B
ICT Double C,C

hairpins
20-08-2014, 11:29 PM
U mats
E englishh
F pe
D spanishh
G siense

Sharon
20-08-2014, 11:51 PM
gcse results tomorro, as i said i dont CARE for it but it's cool to know after you've done them

i was predicted
english a*
maths a
relig a*
ict a*
business a
science a
statistics a
history a

this will be interesting considering they'll all be c :P

hairpins
20-08-2014, 11:55 PM
wel dun pplz!!!!!!!!!!! gud luk at uni :]xo

CrazyLemurs
21-08-2014, 10:10 AM
ok gcse results time:
4A*
7A
1B
1C

one of the A should be moved up once the exam is remarked; AQA's french moderation is apparently disgustingly bad (especially when my spoken piece was given A* and moved down to a C...)
couple of the A were like 4-5 UMS from A*, which makes me ok

21-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Wow well done!

Sharon
21-08-2014, 10:53 AM
ok well like I said it wasn't any good lol like I care

3 a
4 b
3 c

CrazyLemurs
21-08-2014, 11:19 AM
thanq becky!
I wouldn't be miffed at that sharon lol you did well for your circumstances. have you spoken to the exam board about adjustment for those extenuating factors?

Reality
21-08-2014, 11:35 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHH! I dreaded this day for about 2 months, but it's ok now!!!!

English Lit - A
English Lang - A*
Science A - B
Science B - C
Computer Science - B
IT - Distinction
Home Economics - B
Math - C
Sports Leadership - Distinction*
Religious Studies A - B
Religious Studies B - C

Forgot Geography, oh well it was bad I hated it D.

Jurv
21-08-2014, 11:46 AM
ok well like I said it wasn't any good lol like I care

3 a
4 b
3 c

wth that's really good ;l i'd be well happy with those results!

wd alex! v good results, i am proud

Sharon
21-08-2014, 12:03 PM

they just make me question how I would have done without my head being ****** ugh I will never know

but if I'm capable of this much with everything going on that's still cool

- - - Updated - - -

they just make me question how I would have done without my head being ****** ugh I will never know

- - - Updated - - -

Sharon
21-08-2014, 01:08 PM
WHY did that post three times...

Jurv
21-08-2014, 01:40 PM

you've done amazing considering ur situation. i wouldn't think about it too much :)

just focus on ur college stuff now! nd hopefully things will get better over time

Sharon
21-08-2014, 02:43 PM
you've done amazing considering ur situation. i wouldn't think about it too much :)

just focus on ur college stuff now! nd hopefully things will get better over time

yeah definitely, feelin gd bout it now considerin the 4 a* i actually had on individual exams, most ppl didnt pass business and i got full marks on one of the papers and got an a. got a vvvv nice hoodie out of this from my auntie

for any1 who is interested
http://www.ezimba.com/work/140822C/ezimba15926536218900.jpg

CrazyLemurs
21-08-2014, 10:11 PM
You COULD ask the school about the extenuating circumstances policy. You could get like 3% on each exam if you tell them your situation. I hope to get 5% on each for mine lol; would bump me up to like 7-8A*s

lawrawrrr
21-08-2014, 10:46 PM
ok so I have a question for GCSE people. I see people getting merits and distinctions but I've only ever seen A*-G grades (and U) so what's that about?

I'm like in charge of doing all the results pages on our newspaper so I have to read through tons of results :(

everyone's seem to be pretty good on here though so well done1!!

Samantha
21-08-2014, 10:55 PM
ok so I have a question for GCSE people. I see people getting merits and distinctions but I've only ever seen A*-G grades (and U) so what's that about?

I'm like in charge of doing all the results pages on our newspaper so I have to read through tons of results :(

everyone's seem to be pretty good on here though so well done1!!

Do you mean what do Pass, Merit and Distinction stand for?

Pass = C
Merit = B
Distinction = A
Distinction* = A*

If that's what you mean, if not please ignore me :P. I think they're generally used in BTEC courses.

hairpins
21-08-2014, 11:28 PM
well dun shaz!!!!!!!! every1 dun so well :]

CrazyLemurs
21-08-2014, 11:58 PM
those word-y grades are used in btec and some applied subjects that aren't technically gcse. the qualifications are the same level as gcse I think (level 1 for foundation, 2 for higher) so award the same amount of points for things. not sure if they are directly relatable to gcse grades, but sam's suggestion is pretty close. had friends getting those grades in subjects like btec sport, applied ict etc.

I've been graded distinction and merit in some external maths competitions; they're a substitute for typical grades.

Sharon
22-08-2014, 12:33 PM
well dun shaz!!!!!!!! every1 dun so well :]

thank you xxxx

Zak
22-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on your results everyone.

Mr-Trainor
23-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I hope everyone received results that they were happy with :).

Cerys
24-08-2014, 01:57 AM
So I just got back from hols to be greeted by this

http://i.imgur.com/rHMoejl.jpg

I am soooo happy about finally getting my b in maths ahh it's a good early morning for me xD
Oh and ignore the U, I dropped the subject xD

Matt
24-08-2014, 02:14 AM
So I just got back from hols to be greeted by this

http://i.imgur.com/rHMoejl.jpg

I am soooo happy about finally getting my b in maths ahh it's a good early morning for me xD
Oh and ignore the U, I dropped the subject xD

That looks so confusing when you aren't in the Uk!
Welldone Cerys!

CrazyLemurs
16-09-2014, 08:25 PM
returns to this thread
french remark moved me up to an a* which was fab
aqa special consideration also brought additional science up to a*
still waiting on edexcel ocr and wjec to reply so I WILL KEEP U ALL POSTED K?

Shar
19-09-2014, 10:35 AM
returns to this thread
french remark moved me up to an a* which was fab
aqa special consideration also brought additional science up to a*
still waiting on edexcel ocr and wjec to reply so I WILL KEEP U ALL POSTED K?
Well done!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!