PDA

View Full Version : Booking a holiday

Barkseh
17-09-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm planning on going abroad next year with a few friends. I haven't even left the country before. (Sad at my age, I know).

Do I need to have my passport before I can put a deposit down for a holiday?

Thread closed by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) due to bump.

ToxicMint
17-09-2014, 06:20 PM
You probably will do, when your booking the holiday they need to sort the booking referance which needs a valid passport ID code. its to also ensure the holidaymakers wont lose out.

where you planning on going?

lemons
17-09-2014, 06:22 PM
probably not but you will have to fill in ur passport number thing when u eventually get it

MKR&*42
17-09-2014, 06:22 PM
I believe you are required to have one before you book + pay at any travel agents :P

Charz777
17-09-2014, 07:07 PM
You need your passport number to book flights etc, I think...

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2014, 07:18 PM
You can book the holiday and flights without a passport I believe. This may depend on the company - Although they always say do not book until you have a passport in case of delays in your application. As you are going next year, I would advise you to get your passport application sent this year so you give it plenty of time to get to you.

It's the check in part, when you can check in on your flights online where you require your passport number etc. But you can't check in normally until like a week before or something.

Just make sure you get your passport ASAP :P

Hope this helps!

Jssy
17-09-2014, 07:35 PM
If you haven't got an adult passport I'd get one asap as it took 6 months for me to even get a passport interview, we needed my passport before we could book the holiday, but we went with Thomas Cook

Barkseh
17-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Not planning on going until June next year.

Thanks for everyones help :)

LouisBergev
17-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Yes, you should have your passport if you are planning to go in abroad. try to apply as soon as possible.

Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please don't bump pointlessly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!