PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lessons

Mikey
02-10-2014, 02:12 PM
I've had my provisional license since I was 18 and I'm now 20 but I haven't taken driving lessons yet. Not sure why I haven't taken them.. maybe nerves and not sure how I'll cope?

What were your first experiences of driving, were you nervous, how did you feel and how did it go?

Matt
03-10-2014, 02:50 AM
I've had my learners plates for nearly 2 years I've i've clocked up 45 minutes LOL.

I didn't enjoy it and idk, I'm regretting it now but driving just doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

Nick
03-10-2014, 07:40 AM
I've had mine for about a year and a bit now and when i first drove the car I was ******** bricks I was so scared. So I didn't really like it at first although I kept going out to get better. I did do some driving lessons but by that time I was a confident driver but wasn't confident with reverse parking etc. I've done 2 lessons and both said that I was a good driver so I feel confident driving by myself now. I actually love driving. I've done about 50 or so hours.

:odey:
03-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I turned 18 in August and started my driving lessons in September, I'd literally never even sat behind the wheel of a car before, so I had literally NO idea what I was doing, I knew absolutely nothing about driving. (Literally, she asked me what the national speed limit was and I didn't even know, it was so awkward) But, I loved it. From the first lesson onwards I loved it, and I miss them now!

Brad
03-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I didn't take any driving lessons.. I was raised on the back roads so my father taught me when I was growing up how to drive. So doing my tests were a piece of cake.

lRhyss
03-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I've had my full license for like a year and a half and haven't touched a car since I passed, I really don't enjoy driving. Lessons were really fun though

Circadia
03-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Turned 17 this July and started learning to drive at the end of August. I'm terrified of cars after a road accident I was a couple of years ago so I thought maybe learning to drive would help me feel a bit easier around cars and it has! But yeah love driving a lot but I always have the urge to go 'nyoom' when I go round a corner

kuzkasate
27-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm 18 and I still haven't started, but that's just due to laziness.

lemons
27-10-2014, 09:44 PM
public transport is my best friend

Oleh
27-10-2014, 11:12 PM
My first instructor I was nervous, hated lessons, we barely went anywhere, just spent about 20 hours doing maneuvers. I dodged him for a month and he told me he wont teach me anymore (phew). Got my mums driving instructor and we went to town and everything within first fortnight. Passed 4 month later, the week before the test I was having trouble with roundabouts. It's easy just be confident.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!