PDA

View Full Version : Phys Ed excuses

MilksAreUs
09-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Any good ones anyone? Really cannot be bothered doing PE first lesson tomorrow.

Thread moved by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Sports' as it is better suited here.

Prosiary
09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Get your parents/guardians to write a note and they'll accept it, always do, remember to get them to sign it though. Or even try to fake one haha

David
09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
just skip it

lemons
09-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Pretend u got doctors in morning or write ur own note

Plean
09-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Claim you have forgotten your kit.

Gina
09-10-2014, 09:46 PM
aliens abducted your right leg and arm

- - - Updated - - -

okay an actual response just before the lesson go to the medical office pretending you feel really ill and then miss lots of your lesson n when you come in either say you're too ill to play or itll be too late to get changed anyway lol
i did that when i forgot my kit n stopped me from getting 45 min detention

MilksAreUs
09-10-2014, 09:54 PM
aliens abducted your right leg and arm

- - - Updated - - -

okay an actual response just before the lesson go to the medical office pretending you feel really ill and then miss lots of your lesson n when you come in either say you're too ill to play or itll be too late to get changed anyway lol
i did that when i forgot my kit n stopped me from getting 45 min detention
hahaha omg i like that idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Claim you have forgotten your kit.

Doing this can get me a detention :(

Matt
10-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Fake a note, I did that and my teacher got so fed up with my handing him so many notes he just stopped asking.

Or skip it and just not go.

Forget your kit and do the detention

If it's your first lesson, what would you even be doing. My first lessons of sport meant no one had their kit and we just sat and he gave us a really long talk for an hour. If it's the first lesson I'm sure you could just do it and save the excuse for a better day?? - that would be my logic anyway.

Red
10-10-2014, 01:22 AM
my mum used to just write me like a ton of notes at one time, like please excuse kirsty as she is feeling unwelll and i just used them when i needed them lmao

merier
10-10-2014, 07:18 AM
ingrown toenail

100% affective

Phil
10-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Get your parents to write a note, saying you have a problem with your new because of a past dislocation and this stops you from using it excessively or somet.

I know the PE class is today so what did you do?

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Advice for the future; don't be lazy and do some exercise.

Matt
10-10-2014, 12:14 PM

Phys Ed classes were crap anyway. If you were wanting to do proper exercise that benefits you, then you're be better doing it in your own time and doing something that actually interests you, rather then doing Phys Ed with people you might not like and activities that don't interest you one bit. Just because you might fake an excuse every now and then to get out of doing it doesn't mean you're lazy :P

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Phys Ed classes were crap anyway. If you were wanting to do proper exercise that benefits you, then you're be better doing it in your own time and doing something that actually interests you, rather then doing Phys Ed with people you might not like and activities that don't interest you one bit. Just because you might fake an excuse every now and then to get out of doing it doesn't mean you're lazy :P

Children of the developed world: You will sometimes have to do activities with people you do not like. You will also have to attend lessons at school that you may not like. This is a part of growing up and, indeed, life.

This is a general post in response to your reply - I am not referring to you as 'children'. It is my own message to the world :L

Hannah
10-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I'd suggest doing it, it'll do you some good.

Not being bothered is an excuse for the lazy - and that'll stick with you forever.

lRhyss
10-10-2014, 01:10 PM
I literally learned to forge my mams signature in my school days haha.

But yeah, I'd recommend doing it, I never used to do PE and now I can't walk to the top of a flight of stairs without getting breathless.

Lewis
10-10-2014, 06:50 PM
When I used to have PE, all you had to do was say you were feeling sick and prove you had your PE kit with you. They'd just let you watch after that.

MilksAreUs
10-10-2014, 06:56 PM
You're calling me lazy as if I don't want to do it every PE lesson. I'm not lazy.

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 07:08 PM
You're calling me lazy as if I don't want to do it every PE lesson. I'm not lazy.

"Really cannot be bothered"

That does make you sound lazy, yes.

MilksAreUs
10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
"Really cannot be bothered"

That does make you sound lazy, yes.
Well I'm not, so dont go assuming things so quickly.

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Well I'm not, so dont go assuming things so quickly.

My initial post never actually said "You are lazy", you seem to be self-conscious and think you are or something :S

There is a difference between my post saying "don't be lazy" and "you are lazy". The difference is rather significant.

MilksAreUs
10-10-2014, 07:18 PM
My initial post never actually said "You are lazy", you seem to be self-conscious and think you are or something :S

There is a difference between my post saying "don't be lazy" and "you are lazy". The difference is rather significant.
Still felt like it was being aimed

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Still felt like it was being aimed

Well, yes I was aiming the comment at you telling you not to be lazy. That is still different to accusing you of being a permanently lazy boy.

merier
10-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Well, yes I was aiming the comment at you telling you not to be lazy. That is still different to accusing you of being a permanently lazy boy.

Maybe you should take your own advice and go and do some exercise instead of sitting on a Habbo forum calling people out on their laziness lmfao

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Maybe you should take your own advice and go and do some exercise instead of sitting on a Habbo forum calling people out on their laziness lmfao

Waiting for prinks to start at 9 ;l

(and more to the point, gym session is morning not evening...)

Adam
11-10-2014, 12:38 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by mdport. (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude towards other members!

Aiden
12-10-2014, 06:28 PM
PE is the biggest waste of learning time ever. i just used to refuse but got in trouble and put into isolation. i hated it though. i still hate it...

i wouldn't suggest refusing but just get a note like said above...

AgnesIO
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
PE is the biggest waste of learning time ever. i just used to refuse but got in trouble and put into isolation. i hated it though. i still hate it...

i wouldn't suggest refusing but just get a note like said above...

Disobeying teachers isn't cool.

Aiden
12-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Disobeying teachers isn't cool.

wasting 3 hours of school isn't either. pe sucks.

AgnesIO
12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
wasting 3 hours of school isn't either. pe sucks.

"The latest figures, for 2012/13, show that 18.9% of children in Year 6 (aged 10-11) were obese and a further 14.4% were overweight. Of children in Reception (aged 4-5), 9.3% were obese and another 13.0% were overweight. This means almost a third of 10-11 year olds and over a fifth of 4-5 year olds were overweight or obese."

Er yeah, I don't think it is a waste. The nation needs to be active.

Jssy
12-10-2014, 08:12 PM
i hated pe so much i always got notes written by my parents. when i actually had to do it i got shouted at for missing the ball so made to sit out anyway and i was always last to be picked for team. probs why i hated it so much

Aiden
12-10-2014, 08:23 PM
"The latest figures, for 2012/13, show that 18.9% of children in Year 6 (aged 10-11) were obese and a further 14.4% were overweight. Of children in Reception (aged 4-5), 9.3% were obese and another 13.0% were overweight. This means almost a third of 10-11 year olds and over a fifth of 4-5 year olds were overweight or obese."

Er yeah, I don't think it is a waste. The nation needs to be active.

There's been many studies that suggest PE will have little or any impact on a mass-amount of people's lives. Sometimes it's better to avoid the subject, especially when they get older. I could spend my time pulling my grades up than waste time learning small burst of dance routines.

The entire concept of putting a group of teenagers in a room to see each's abilities and body is terrifying to some, even more for though who are obese. PE should be optional like drama, music and art. In my school the people you'd expect to need exercise the most don't even take part.

If you want to do PE then do it out of school or as enrichment.

MKR&*42
12-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Coming from someone who skipped a good three years of P.E. in secondary school I strongly encourage people not to. I wish I had been more active during my younger teens and I cannot stress how important it is that you do exercise whilst you're young and fit tbh :P

Shar
12-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I actually miss PE so much. Once you're out of school there's no one forcing you to participate in sports etc (I wish there was) you might find yourself becoming to busy for it and miss having actual set time dedicated to it. Try not to miss it, you might regret it!

AgnesIO
12-10-2014, 08:46 PM
There's been many studies that suggest PE will have little or any impact on a mass-amount of people's lives. Sometimes it's better to avoid the subject, especially when they get older. I could spend my time pulling my grades up than waste time learning small burst of dance routines.

The entire concept of putting a group of teenagers in a room to see each's abilities and body is terrifying to some, even more for though who are obese. PE should be optional like drama, music and art. In my school the people you'd expect to need exercise the most don't even take part.

If you want to do PE then do it out of school or as enrichment.

Yes, but you dancing is your choice. You could choose a high impact sport or something?

Link me to your studies. Daily Mail not accepted.

lemons
12-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Pe was only fun if we played dodgeball

AgnesIO
12-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Pe was only fun if we played dodgeball

French was only fun when... actually it wasn't at all really. That doesn't mean people should just skip it :L

Aiden
12-10-2014, 08:52 PM
French was only fun when... actually it wasn't at all really. That doesn't mean people should just skip it :L

but french is academic and optional

ps i dont have any studies lol i lied

lemons
12-10-2014, 08:59 PM
French is a great subject

Aiden
12-10-2014, 09:03 PM
here's pe and bad points:

can cause injury
bullying which can lead to insecurities and depression
feeling left out
less time to learn important stuff (unless theory)
lowers some people's self-esteem (being picked last, not being as good, everything you do is being judged)
more money spent on resources + teaching staff
pe doesn't make you like sports, being interested does
more kit is required and some can't afford all (nike shoes lol, ew)
forget kit and get in trouble, waste time lunch time/after school
people who aren't interested drag back those who are (take longer, waste time, etc)
separation of genders usually
genders get treated differently
obese kids aren't gonna get fit in 2 hours a week

AgnesIO
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
but french is academic and optional

ps i dont have any studies lol i lied
Not optional everywhere.

What a surprise, Skandair spouting crap. Standard day.

here's pe and bad points:

can cause injury
bullying which can lead to insecurities and depression
feeling left out
less time to learn important stuff (unless theory)
lowers some people's self-esteem (being picked last, not being as good, everything you do is being judged)
more money spent on resources + teaching staff
pe doesn't make you like sports, being interested does
more kit is required and some can't afford all (nike shoes lol, ew)
forget kit and get in trouble, waste time lunch time/after school
people who aren't interested drag back those who are (take longer, waste time, etc)
separation of genders usually
genders get treated differently
obese kids aren't gonna get fit in 2 hours a week

Replies to your boring and ineffective points.

1) So can being obese
2) So can being the stupid person in a class
3) So can being the unpopular child in a class
4) I'd argue a healthy lifestyle is very important to learn
5) So does getting a low test result
6) Invalid - could argue that about other vocational subjects
7) No, but it is about staying fit and showing you sports - that isn't trying to make you like every sport
8) You can wear trainers. Everyone owns trainers.
9) Forget your homework, get in troublt
10) That is what lower sets are for. This is the same in other subjects (even more so in the more academic ones)
11) Separation of gender in physical sports, yes. That is scientific. Absolutely no problem with this.
12) Same in subjects like Resistant Materials. Also not really true for PE.
13) Wait, you said three hours earlier? Make your mind up boy.

Aiden
12-10-2014, 09:22 PM
ok well im too tired to care, i don't mind if you're wrong really, our individual opinions mean very little so night pyamsam or w/e

Red
12-10-2014, 09:25 PM
i hated pe so much i always got notes written by my parents. when i actually had to do it i got shouted at for missing the ball so made to sit out anyway and i was always last to be picked for team. probs why i hated it so much

same!!!! I was so bad at volleyball and my prat of a teacher used to just stand behind me and hit it for me, and I broke my finger in dodgeball and he didn't believe me and made me play on :@ Games (final hour on wed doing pe with the whole school) was great though for my final 2 years because we could go to the gym/pool and do our own thing. Pe was just half an hour and u hardly broke a sweat lol such a waste of time.

Jssy
12-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I agree with Skandair; tbh all of his points applied to my school p.e lessons. Nothing like the humiliation of being pulled into the deep end of a swimming pool by a stick, nobody wanting me on their team or the girl all the popular kids threw balls at on purpose and claiming it to be an accident yet it would happen a few times every games lesson. p.e put me off exercising for life because of that, i do get exercise but not as much as I probably would have if I'd actually enjoyed p.e.

IzzyUhh
12-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Me and 3 of my mates used to write nots for eachother lmao oops

Other times I'd say o its periods cos I had a male teacher and he said his wife suffered from them so he was lovely but u cant usw tht excuse

Just get ur mate to write 1

Jssy
12-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Me and 3 of my mates used to write nots for eachother lmao oops

Other times I'd say o its periods cos I had a male teacher and he said his wife suffered from them so he was lovely but u cant usw tht excuse

Just get ur mate to write 1
at our school they started ringing home to check notes were legit hahaha

IzzyUhh
12-10-2014, 10:15 PM
at our school they started ringing home to check notes were legit hahaha
Yh theyd do tht if ur note was in seperate paper but if it was in our books they didnt for some reason

!:random!:!
12-10-2014, 10:28 PM
I think I've skipped like one pe lesson in my life. Apart from that all my reasons have been legit. I missed 1 year of pe and started doing it again! Its actually really good and helps me gain confidence now my p.e teacher thinks am a star, coz first lesson back I got 4th in cross country :) but I'd just write a note or complain you need to go to medical :)

Jssy
12-10-2014, 10:38 PM
its bollocks now because im 18 (under 19) i have to do 1 hour of sport at college too

Absently
12-10-2014, 10:41 PM
I really enjoyed p.e. tried to skip it as little as possible!!

UnrealGoffEmo
16-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Any good ones anyone? Really cannot be bothered doing PE first lesson tomorrow.

Thread moved by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Sports' as it is better suited here.

Ask if you can/or chose another Sport instead may-be!

Try Footy Shirt/Shorts instead of PE top/kit too, they'll not like it but'll go easier on you!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!