PDA

View Full Version : Best App Ever. Will Save Your Life!

TheRealMasky
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
So I recently found a App on the iPhone. You need a camera to use it and it's still pretty new so I can safely say there is a hell load of bugs.
PhotoMath.
You literally point the camera at a math question and it works it out.
It seem's very unreal I know but trust me it is all very real and has helped me out a bunch!

Drewar
02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I've read about this app! I wish they had this kind of technology when I was still in Uni. Thanks for posting :)

Empired
02-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Ugh could this not have been made like 2 years ago ;l

Useful, but teachers are gonna hate this. Sure, it'll mean the kids' homework is great but it won't help them in the long run.

MKR&*42
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Silly idea cause now kids can just cheat and not actually learn anything from maths at all.

!:random!:!
02-11-2014, 06:04 PM
downloading it now ;)

Jssy
02-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Wish this was about when I was at school haha

!:random!:!
02-11-2014, 06:12 PM
crap app :( doesn't do handwritten equations only printed pretty much pointless for me and also doesn't do some equations like trig

Hannah
02-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Personally I think people should just learn the maths that they'll use in life.

Cheat on the rest, sure - but kids are already getting lazier. :\

Empired
02-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Personally I think people should just learn the maths that they'll use in life.

Cheat on the rest, sure - but kids are already getting lazier. :\
But depending on your job you could be using all sorts of different types of maths.

Builder, architect, pharmacist, any retail job, policing.. you name it, there's some form of maths.

Hannah
02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
But depending on your job you could be using all sorts of different types of maths.

Builder, architect, pharmacist, any retail job, policing.. you name it, there's some form of maths.

Well yeah but if they need to use an app to do their homework, or choose to, then they shouldn't be going for jobs requiring more than basic mathematics. xD

As for those in the jobs, while it may be easier - if they can't do the maths they shouldn't be in the job. ;d

Empired
02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Well yeah but if they need to use an app to do their homework, or choose to, then they shouldn't be going for jobs requiring more than basic mathematics. xD

As for those in the jobs, while it may be easier - if they can't do the maths they shouldn't be in the job. ;d
But they won't be able to do the maths if they aren't taught it. Or are only taught the basics.

Zak
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I saw this earlier and thought how cool it was :P

Futz
02-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't think you should look negatively at an app like this

This is quite a good idea and if used correctly, great for checking working out etc. Sometimes I've not understood how to do things but after looking at the working out I can see how they have done it and it has taught me how to do it

It is probably pretty awful at recognition at the minute, but the idea is there and has a base to improve on

of course kids might use it for homework, but they'll be screwed when they come up in tests

if every idea that made life easier was deemed lazy, we wouldn't have a lot of nice things

stay positive guys and just be glad you're aware an app like this exists

Red
02-11-2014, 10:17 PM
omg can't believe this even exists. seems to good to be true lmao.

MrMitch
03-11-2014, 05:18 AM
Handy.

But i just "ask" google all the time lol.
Even when im at work i'll keep google open so i can quickly type in equations that i need the answer to quick time.

Matt
03-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Saw an advert for this app. It looks so good, shame I dropped maths in Year 11 :rolleyes:

welshcake
03-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I was bad at maths so I guess it would have helped but I write in short hand which means my writing isn't the easiest to understand so it would have never worked for me. (If that's how it works)

But sounds pretty useful.

Michael
24-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Good lord, how I wish I was born a few years later

James
25-11-2014, 07:39 PM
The way ive seen it, and my parents have always seen it, is if you're 100% sure you understand what to do, then it's okay to "cheat" as it's basically pointless doing something more if you understand it already.
Personally I'd only use this:
1. If i was still in school
2. If i didn't think i'd learn anything new by doing it

Inseriousity.
27-11-2014, 12:17 AM
stupidest idea ever, all the answers are at the back of the book.

e5
28-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Helps apart from the ones where you have to show your working out

Yupt
29-11-2014, 12:23 PM
I do wish this app was around when I was doing maths because I would have cheated my way to a perfect 100% on every piece of homework - but probably a U in my final grade because I wouldn't really know how to do it.

I'd much rather it showed you a step by step of how to do it, considering I found it difficult to concentrate on my teachers explanations.

Kimmy
04-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Wish I did maths just to try this out hhaaa, sounds brilliant

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!