PDA

View Full Version : Royal Navy

-:Undertaker:-
04-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi.

Do you or do you know anybody who serves in the Royal Navy? And if so, how have they generally found their experience? I'm quite tempted by a few years in it both for self-discipline and the fact a part of me has always wanted to serve Queen & country. Looking at logistics which I seem suited too... degree level required for it too. Just eager to find out what the experience is like.

Anyone?

Empired
04-11-2014, 07:35 PM
My brother contemplated going in but unfortunately that's no longer going to happen.

Never really heard much about it- are there a load of adverts for it on TV at the moment?

The Don
04-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't know anybody in the Royal Navy but I have a few friends in the RAF and the British Army who all seem to love it. You'll be able to save up loads of money whilst you're there since everything is paid for so you can save almost all your pay which should give you a nice little nest egg for when you decide to move on (unless you decided to spend it all on a car like one of my friends has done :rolleyes:). Fitness and financially it sounds like a great opportunity. Not my sort of thing though, wouldn't be able to tolerate the strictness and whole subordination thing they have going on

xxMATTGxx
04-11-2014, 10:13 PM
My cousin works in the Royal Navy and has a role of fixing a specific type of helicopters I believe. He did a short tour over in Afghan as well. From what I can tell from Facebook he seems to love it and enjoy it.

James
04-11-2014, 11:50 PM
It wouldn't be my first choice of employment if I'm honest, even for a life lesson. Best of luck to you if you do join!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!