PDA

View Full Version : Ideal job / currently training for

jake87385
05-01-2015, 01:47 AM
So most people on here are in some kind of education. What are you currently studying and what's your goal when you've completed education? If youre not in education, what's your job ATM?

I'm currently studying Engineering in college, have 2 more years to go. Will also be doing A level maths and science. After that uni for Aeronautical Engineering with the final dream to become an aeronautical engineer

Thread moved by mdport. (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything' as it's more suited here!

Samantha
05-01-2015, 01:56 AM
I currently work in retail and have done since August 2012 :).

Nick
05-01-2015, 01:57 AM
I've got a Certificate 2 in building & construction so when I get an apprenticeship ill be doing that as well as getting my certificate 3 in building and construction.

Paige.
05-01-2015, 12:44 PM
i'm currently studying public services because originally i wanted to be a police woman and eventually a detective
my goal after i've completed my college course is to go onto uni and i'd like to study psychology and criminology, and i am thinking about doing something relating to these subjects later in life

MKR&*42
05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Currently just doing [remedial] admin/data entry etc jobs, but hoping to be able to go back to college this Sept + go to Uni after and study Philosophy.

Will most likely end up teaching philosophy after that in a college :¬:

Kyle
05-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Currently studying sociology. Hoping to complete a masters and further down the line phd in either medical sociology or international communication with the hope that I can work and research within the healthcare sector. Personal interests lie in disability, mental health and development of sexuality. My backup plan is law conversion and a movement to litigation. Main aim is to gain an insight and te skills to apply it an then help people out.

Taking a social science for the sole purpose of teaching it has always seemed a bit alien to me. Intersocial; what is it that draws you to teaching philosophy over anything else?

dbgtz
05-01-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm studying maths at university but I have no clue what I want to do with it anymore. I used to have a set plan which started to slowly change to the point I don't know what to do once I'm done :P Hopefully the uni helps me out a bit with that.

Zak
05-01-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm a Systems Analyst

Empired
05-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Uhh I'm studying Eng Lit, Spanish and History at A Level and have a completely unrelated Saturday job working in a pharmacy. I've absolutely no idea what I'll do as a career but I quite like the idea of ending up in some of those unheard of jobs in like University admissions offices or something.

My original plan was to go to Uni and study something to do with English or History but I'm sick of education so I'll definitely be taking at least a year out after sixth form to start work. Maybe I won't go to university at all idk.

Matthew
05-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm an accountant

currently learning stuff for an accountancy degree from durham as well as doing my professional exams so that I can upgrade to being a chartered accountant :)

Alkaz
05-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Currently studying for my architecture degree. I hoped to one day become a fully fledged architect but now I am questioning my decision.

Jssy
05-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I did A-levels and decided they weren't for me so at least I've got the extra UCAS points. I'm now in my 1st year of Level 3 Health and Social Care Extended Diploma with the aim of going to Uni to study Midwifery. I'd love to be a Midwife but if not I think I'd end up working as a Nurse. But ultimately Midwifery is the plan.

The Don
05-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Currently studying Maths, Engineering Maths and Physics at College (Access Course). Plan on studying Computer Science at University in September and maybe a masters afterwards.

-:Undertaker:-
06-01-2015, 02:12 AM
I want to be a secondary school teacher.

MKR&*42
06-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Currently studying sociology. Hoping to complete a masters and further down the line phd in either medical sociology or international communication with the hope that I can work and research within the healthcare sector. Personal interests lie in disability, mental health and development of sexuality. My backup plan is law conversion and a movement to litigation. Main aim is to gain an insight and te skills to apply it an then help people out.

Taking a social science for the sole purpose of teaching it has always seemed a bit alien to me. @Intersocial (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=86637); what is it that draws you to teaching philosophy over anything else?

Hello sorry I did get your mention earlier, but was on a mobile so thought I'd wait (then forgot...).

Um, it's a subject that always interested me a lot and I've wanted to get back into it lately + decided that if I end up doing it at University I think it'd be cool to be able to teach and discuss various areas of it with a class of students afterwards as well. I can't honestly think of another subject that I would enjoy to teach as much as philosophy :P

My mind is blank I'm sorry it's very late

Jazz
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I currently work as a LSA in a primary school and studying for my advanced qualifications in Supporting Young People, going onto uni to study Psychiatric Nursing and hopefully in the future, a psychology doctorate (ultimate goal). Also I'm studying British Sign Language so I can work with more complex children.

I want to work in the mental health services, or in the school counselling system

Empired
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I want to be a secondary school teacher.
Really? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. Or they'll say it, become one, and then regret it.

Jurv
06-01-2015, 05:20 PM
i'm studying film studies and media at university and want to go into publishing of some sort

either writing about the subject through books or becoming a film journalist for a magazine or something. not 100% sure!

Zak
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Really? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. Or they'll say it, become one, and then regret it.

Teaching is just awful lol. I HATED it.

Empired
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Teaching is just awful lol. I HATED it.
Yeah that's more like what I tend to hear about teaching.

Mark
07-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Studying Scots law currently with the option to study English law alongside it in a couple of years. I think I'll study the two jurisdictions with the option to practice in either England/Wales and Scotland. Not exactly sure if I want to practice straight away so other options include politics, teaching or even something in the tennis industry lol

Kimmy
07-01-2015, 01:39 PM
I really wan to study something musical, whether it be performing, compsition, literature. Looking for unis that give good courses right now.

MilksAreUs
07-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Been helping my dads mate out distributing e-cigs and e-juices in the post to customers houses... Been doing it a year but quit tonight. The wage wasnt too bad however.

Yupt
09-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm studying the arts and farts of film making in the hope i'll one day be a director and cinematographer.

jake87385
09-01-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm shocked at how many intelligent people commented on this, not that I think you're dumb obviously. Good luck to you all and remember me when you're rich

buttons
09-01-2015, 10:53 PM
i study social science. ideally i would like to do further psychology or social research but i really cannot be bothered with staying in education after this. i really have no aspirations for the future. just a full time job and enough money to get by every month would make me happy.

jake87385
09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
i study social science. ideally i would like to do further psychology or social research but i really cannot be bothered with staying in education after this. i really have no aspirations for the future. just a full time job and enough money to get by every month would make me happy.

Psychology has always interested me, but I never went down that route, I sort of regret it now, especially after looking through past exam papers. I like your attitude towards money though, too many people want stupidly high paying jobs

buttons
09-01-2015, 11:00 PM
i sometimes wish i just kept sociology and psychology as a hobby tbh and took a degree where i'd be more likely to get a job out of it. with this you really have to get further education and go into specific areas. just getting a job for me will be a huge achievement so :P

Shar
09-01-2015, 11:01 PM
I hopefully qualify this August can't wait!

jake87385
09-01-2015, 11:12 PM
i sometimes wish i just kept sociology and psychology as a hobby tbh and took a degree where i'd be more likely to get a job out of it. with this you really have to get further education and go into specific areas. just getting a job for me will be a huge achievement so :P

I never looked into it as far as Uni, I was happier to use psychology to get extra food in McDonalds Drive Thru :D I'm surprised you struggle to get work with a degree, I would of thought the course involved lots of transferable skills that employers love

buttons
09-01-2015, 11:15 PM
yeah it definitely does and its worthwhile skills you learn but to go into psychology or sociology specific jobs, you would probably need a masters at least. i know people who did my degree have gone into a wide range, like oil and gas, H+R, banks etc

Phil
09-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Uhh I'm studying Eng Lit, Spanish and History at A Level and have a completely unrelated Saturday job working in a pharmacy. I've absolutely no idea what I'll do as a career but I quite like the idea of ending up in some of those unheard of jobs in like University admissions offices or something.

Omg help me with Spanish :'(

I'm currently studying Hospitality Management and want to go into somethings high in the Hotel Industry. Haven't decided what yet but this is what I'm thinking:

- Department Management (Probably Reception or Accommodation if this, definitely not food!!)
- Duty Management
- General Management
- HR Management
- Inspecting Hotels for Star Grading

jake87385
09-01-2015, 11:31 PM

I'm currently studying Hospitality Management and want to go into somethings high in the Hotel Industry. Haven't decided what yet but this is what I'm thinking:

- Department Management (Probably Reception or Accommodation if this, definitely not food!!)
- Duty Management
- General Management
- HR Management
- Inspecting Hotels for Star Grading

Sounds like an excuse to stay in expensive hotels for free to me ;) jks

Phil
09-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Sounds like an excuse to stay in expensive hotels for free to me ;) jks

I work in a hotel and was a supervisor before I changed departments. I had that privilege and didn't even use it lmao

jake87385
09-01-2015, 11:40 PM
I work in a hotel and was a supervisor before I changed departments. I had that privilege and didn't even use it lmao

You've got to make the most of the freebies :O saying that I guess if its where you work its not the same. This may be a stupid question but why study Hospitality if you're already working in a hotel and have been a supervisor which usually requires a level of experience?

Phil
09-01-2015, 11:48 PM
You've got to make the most of the freebies :O saying that I guess if its where you work its not the same. This may be a stupid question but why study Hospitality if you're already working in a hotel and have been a supervisor which usually requires a level of experience?

Not a stupid question at all, I'm glad you've asked!

I am already qualified in Childcare and joined the hotel as Kids Club Staff and a year later I was like "Okay I want to go into Hospitality". Just before the summer (would have been there 15 months) I went to the Leisure Centre Manager (as the Kids Club was under her and didn't have their own Manager/Supervisor), the Associate Manager and the HR Manager and was like "I wanna be supervisor, this is why". After some interviewing, brainstorming and Action Plans I was promoted. Before my promotion I was lit the only one going out of my way to do anything, deserved the position so much.

So that's why I currently work in a hotel and obviously that department is so different to any other department. I wouldn't be able to supervise anywhere else based on my experience from there.

Since starting college in Sept. I've moved to the restaurant to give me better experience but yh that's the story lol

lemons
09-01-2015, 11:50 PM
i want to study human geography at uni and maybe carry on with a bit of french if i don't hate it still by end of this year

Phil
09-01-2015, 11:53 PM
i want to study human geography at uni and maybe carry on with a bit of french if i don't hate it still by end of this year

What's human geography? Is that like stats of population etc?? I loved that in school but I was so bad at remembering stuff!! Much easier to remember how a sea stack is formed :(

lemons
09-01-2015, 11:59 PM
What's human geography? Is that like stats of population etc?? I loved that in school but I was so bad at remembering stuff!! Much easier to remember how a sea stack is formed :(

yes stuff to do with population, development, energy, health, economy, settlement, food supply, lots of things i love it!

idm physical geography but rivers and coasts really bore me, i like plate tectonics and natural hazards though

Gina
10-01-2015, 01:18 AM
do not laugh bc am serious ok
I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR
i will save lives

Absently
10-01-2015, 02:35 AM
I'm doing psychology at university but I don't really know yet what I want to specify in, but still have a while to think I guess!

Empired
10-01-2015, 08:41 AM
I can't I'm failing too now :'(

no hablo español!!

Richie
14-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Network Engineer, Administrator or IT support

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!