PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Delayed event

Inseriousity.
11-02-2015, 09:16 PM
I was looking forward to the event - lmao big harry potter nerd here - and now it's been delayed due to "permissions problems"
A surprise because Matt always did perms for me without any issue so what's so different about this event? Just curious.

Unfortunately, due to permission problems, this event will be delayed until further notice. I'm hoping to get it sorted by tomorrow evening, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Sorry, guys!

-Nick
11-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Most likely that Chris, is busy with in real life business, which is fine. Then I believe Shonly is stuck on an issue which she needs help with.

Chris
11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Permissions will be setup by Forum Management. At the moment, no usergroups even exist for the event which would make it a pain to have done for tomorrow.

Inseriousity.
11-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Do they take a while to set up? I always thought perms were quick :P

Sho
11-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I was told that I need to ask Forum Management to sort it and neither were online at the time and I couldn't guarantee that they'd be ready in time. Thankfully Phil; has said he is fairly certain that they'll be done by 5pm tomorrow. Will confirm this with both of them and see what can be done because it's possible it can start tonight after all. :)

I'll just speak to them and see what can be sorted out

Chris
11-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Do they take a while to set up? I always thought perms were quick :P

In this case they can take some time due to the various changes that needs to be applied to every existing usergroup. I'm sure there is a quick way of doing it with the duplication tool but whenever I've used that in the past something messes up.

Inseriousity.
11-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Oh I see! Permissions problems confused me because they're usually straightforward (lmao I'd ask matt and 2 minutes later he'd say 'done') so thought I'd ask.
If you could do it though, why wouldn't you chip in and help if forum management weren't around to do it? Glad to see it might not be delayed after all!

Kyle
11-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Permission groups can be created within minutes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick
11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Onto it right now, working with sho atm

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!