PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Do you think some Hobba's fake their age?

GommeInc
03-10-2004, 04:51 PM
I think they do, you can never tell how old they are and some act childish!

Mentor
03-10-2004, 04:56 PM
i think the poll needs a few more options, and btw how is faking of the age making them noobs?

Jane
03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Why does this bother you?? I dont understand this thread :s

Edit: I now understand, at first I thought the title said " habbos " not " hobbas "

TheLostPara
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
A Load Of N00bs, Joke!

THE NINJA
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
You have to prove your age.

Concentric
03-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Habbo use an extensive age check system so they can check how old people are.

Davie!
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
For a hobba to fake their age?
They need to send I.D to sulake offices to prove there age and if they lie and are caught they can be charged with fraud (so I hear) so why the heck would they risk it?

Mentor
03-10-2004, 08:38 PM
i see, i neva applyed so duno what checks they have, and an id i woulnt trust habbo with anyway, so i dont think im eva gona try for hobba being

Simonac55
03-10-2004, 09:17 PM
The process of a trial for a Hobba is very long. Plus, the people that wants to become a Hobba got to prove their age and Sulake as a special system, wich they can check the age. So I don't think there is Hobbas that are less than 18 (except the one that were there before).

Mr.Kylee
04-10-2004, 05:49 PM
You cant fake they check everything id etc. its impossible believe me ;)

Da-Weasel
04-10-2004, 05:57 PM
lol wats da point?
its a waist of thread!!
anywayz some ppl fake der age.... i heard a hobba on a habbo radio once...sounded like a 8 year old!

GommeInc
04-10-2004, 06:22 PM
True that they may check their ID, but after all it is a chat site game thingy so why would they waste their time?

I still think they do, you can obviously fake yourself through the hobba trial, how can long and extensive prove yourself?

Arcanum
05-10-2004, 05:41 AM
True that they may check their ID, but after all it is a chat site game thingy so why would they waste their time?

I still think they do, you can obviously fake yourself through the hobba trial, how can long and extensive prove yourself?

Well they probably run tests if your ID has been edited or not. I knew this guy who applied, got through, sent in a fake birth certificate that had been edited, and he got banned.. permanently, and got charged..... I think :eusa_eh:

Moose
05-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Yea, when u register to be a hobba, you need to put ur adress, here let me show u

House name/number:

Street/road name:

Town/city:

County/state:

Postcode/zip:

Country: Click to choose Afghanistan, Islamic State of Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra, Principality of Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaidjan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia-Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia, Kingdom of Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Commercial Comoros Congo Congo, The Democratic Republic Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Educational Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands Faroe Islands Fiji Finland Former Czechoslovakia Former USSR France France (European Territory) French Guyana French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Great Britain Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe (French) Guam (USA) Guatemala Guinea Guinea Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia International Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire) Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique (French) Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldavia Monaco Mongolia Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Network Neutral Zone New Caledonia (French) New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island North Korea Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Island Poland Polynesia (French) Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion (French) Romania Russian Federation Rwanda S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls. Saint Helena Saint Kitts & Nevis Anguilla Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Tome (Sao Tome) and Prin Saint Vincent & Grenadines Samoa San Marino Saudi Arabia Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovak Republic Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Tadjikistan Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay USA Government USA Military USA Minor Outlying Islands Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Virgin Islands (British) Virgin Islands (USA) Wallis and Futuna Islands Western Sahara Yemen Yugoslavia Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe

Timezone: -12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 (GMT) +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10 +11 +12

Time of day you normally hang out at Habbo Hotel: Morning
Lunchtime
Evening
Night

Why do you think you would be a good Hobba?

GommeInc
07-10-2004, 06:45 PM
You do realise that dosnt prove anything, Websites cant check idea's without the governments permission to find an ID as it is illegal and they are going through PRIVATE records.

Hobba's may fake their age but one thing that concerns me is whats the point, you're not going to do your job anyway like the other losers who are hobba's not doing their jobs and banning people for no reason.

Also how comes many people have voted yes and only 3 said no?

Ryan.P
15-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok heres what happens:

Its impossible for hobbas to fake there age. They do not have a special system. Simply habbo sends them a contract saying they must send the letter back, with their signature on it and a copy of their birth certificate. Once habbo Ltd. have verified that you are the right age, they will put on your hobba badge and send your details back!

So, there you have it!
BTW, this is genuine. My good friend yatwice told me :eusa_danc

Butcher11
15-10-2004, 07:35 PM
lol wats da point?
its a waist of thread!!
anywayz some ppl fake der age.... i heard a hobba on a habbo radio once...sounded like a 8 year old!

Just because someone sounds like an 8 year old doesnt mean they are :p

SoraSafe
15-10-2004, 07:44 PM
No, that's why they've tightened the security and checks in the app. you need photo ID. If you do fake your age then you would be breaking the law and could be risking being sued.

Superside
15-10-2004, 07:46 PM
lol even I knew hobba's can't just fake there age... And plus if they had a credit card they could check the age on that... duh!!!

nvrspk4
15-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Its impossible for a Hobba to fake their age, Habbo checks their House number and their name and sends them a contract.

akaPenguin
16-10-2004, 04:08 AM
They have to sign up for a citizen thing, you have to put a picture of yourself on it, show that to them, and then you have to send them a copy of your ID with your signature and all kinds of stuff. So no, it is not even worth it to fake it.

Jin
16-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Also i heard police background checks are done on hobba's for crimes of well all sorts. Minor crimes such as stealing a banana when aged 8 or several unpaid parking fines may go unnotice but things like armed robbery or anything similar will stop them becoming a hobba. Also during the police background checks their age can be verified.

Adzeh
16-10-2004, 04:54 PM
some might
but i think the responsibilty would be too much for most younger habbos

GommeInc
17-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Lol, the responsibility is too much for some hobba's already, 'I am a hobba, I have a stupid looking badge', big whoop you have pixels drawn badly, am I suppose to be scared?

Pixel
17-10-2004, 04:42 PM
well whateva they use to find your age it works because i got a reply bk a while ago sayin this :

Sorry, but you have not passed the Hobba selection process. This may be for a number of reasons (eg you have not been truthful or your have other Habbos who have been banned).

You are welcome to try again in a month's time - please do not try before then - your application will be automatically rejected if you reapply too soon.

--
Head Hobba
Habbo Hotel

GommeInc
17-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Well obvisouly that is because your habbo is underaged from when it is registered also if you have an older brother you can use a pic of him and his name and age etc, the police cant say you are lying because all the info is true.

SoraSafe
17-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes people have done that before but get debadged and banned before they get to gold usually. There is no point as they always find out and then you get in a lot of trouble and can't ever be a hobba.

toadbex
19-10-2004, 07:52 AM
It is VERY VERY hard to fake your age when you become a Hobba as ALOT of ID is required to even get to an interview stage. So I wouldnt stress too much about it, as it is VERY unlikely any Hobba is under the correct age. :angel1:

GommeInc
19-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Yes but one of you didnt give an answer, if you give them your older brother or sisters info and it is all true, then you cant be found out because they are not going to go all the way to your house just to talk to your older brother are they?

hotslime
19-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, they can't fake there age. Point Blank They check there Lisense now! Before they checked somthing else and it costed money. Well, now it's free. And there is no way to fake it. :)

GommeInc
19-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Still no answer, WHAT IF YOU GIVE CORRECT EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE YOUR BROTHER, ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR?

SoraSafe
19-10-2004, 06:30 PM
No they won't go to your house, but they WILL and ALWAYS find out if you fake your details.

GommeInc
19-10-2004, 10:08 PM
How? If you say you are your brother, give them a pic, age, name and driving license, then how else can they find out if does are correct?

Max
19-10-2004, 10:17 PM
You cant fake they check everything id etc. its impossible believe me ;)
I believe him..and agree with him :p

GommeInc
21-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I shall just say if they pretend to be your brother then you can get away with it if you gave a pic and his ID.

Envious
02-11-2004, 07:26 AM
They Cant Fake Anything. The Hotel Staff Check You Know! :p
They Aren't Silly :D

Convictions
02-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Nah habbo ltd have an extensive checking system , as somebody said , and if they found an underage hobba , they're badge would be stripped

--NvRmNd--
02-11-2004, 07:42 AM
They Aren't Stupid. They Check All Your Details :p

samsaBEAR
02-11-2004, 10:03 AM
I think they do, you can never tell how old they are and some act childish!
Some act childish maybe because they want to show Habbos that they aren't just old fogies that monitor Habbo. They wanna have fun too, that's what Habbo is about!

Trance
02-11-2004, 02:56 PM
It'd certainly be hard to fake it, so I doubt any lied about their age.
Habbo Staff are strict with enforcing rules like that..

E
02-11-2004, 05:56 PM
its not because they ~check your register like when you do ur birthday~ they dont know your `Real Age`

hotslime
05-11-2004, 04:39 AM
You have to prove your age.
Acually, they use to have you pay to be a hobba, because you have to have this card thing. But now it's done with drivers lisense somone can easly make a fake one.. So it is very, very possible.

Lincognito
05-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Acually, they use to have you pay to be a hobba, because you have to have this card thing. But now it's done with drivers lisense somone can easly make a fake one.. So it is very, very possible.
Erm no they didn't have to pay...you are reffering to a Citizen card that for a while was needed to be a Hobba but Habbo had an arrangement with the CC people that anyone who applied through Habbo got it free! I have one and it actually has Habbo written on it! These cards are not used for Habbo ID now. Faking anything is no good! The checks are extensive I can assure you of that!

hotslime
06-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Erm no they didn't have to pay...you are reffering to a Citizen card that for a while was needed to be a Hobba but Habbo had an arrangement with the CC people that anyone who applied through Habbo got it free! I have one and it actually has Habbo written on it! These cards are not used for Habbo ID now. Faking anything is no good! The checks are extensive I can assure you of that!

OoO i was told you have to pay x]

Lincognito
06-11-2004, 08:05 AM
You do indeed need to pay to get a Citizen Card but as they are no longer needed for Hobba applications you only get one and pay for it if you want it for something else. When it WAS needed you didn't have to pay because of the special arrangement at that time Habbo had with the CC people which meant that if you applied for one through the link provided by Habbo they were free as I said before I got one at the time as it was required and it had a funky little Habbo logo on it! These are no longer avaiable.

GommeInc
06-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Yay my poll is getting attention.

nets
08-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Yay my poll is getting attention.

Hah, as soon as you said that no one replyed.. but me :rolleyes:

GommeInc
08-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I know lol

Jane
09-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I find it very hard to believe that any under-age hobba could get past habbo checking system. You have heard from a few hobbas/habbo staff, it is VERY VERY VERY unlikely that you could ;)

Question?
09-12-2004, 08:14 PM
i think there are one or two out there doing this :)

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 02:13 PM
GlitterKat is young, she still goes to school apparently!

SoraSafe
11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
She doesn't still go to school, otherwise she wouldn't be able to have her job :P

Vampire
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
They can't lie about their age because it all gets checked?

(Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm not wading through six pages of replies on a topic I care so little about).

In the first stages, people will lie of course, but they have to send photo ID and all sorts, so no, if they do lie, they don't get away with it.

Shazzam!

tularis
11-12-2004, 04:09 PM

Depends. If she goes to college? Although that would mean she doesn't work full time :s

Lincognito
11-12-2004, 08:54 PM
*sigh* Where DO you get these ideas from? I can say without fear of contradiction GlitterKat is NOT still at school! Apart from the common sence issue here...ie she works full time for Habbo, I have met her!

Mazoku
12-12-2004, 08:05 AM
It's prob impossible to fake your age to be hobba.. but maybe SOMEONE..
when he/she signed up before , he/she typed that he/she was 18 and then after a few months applied to be a hobba !

hellamatrix
12-12-2004, 08:49 AM
She works in the Office and its impossible to go to college when you are working as a Head Hobba Staff as that job is mainly Full-Time .

P.S : They might be able to find out your age by checking your chat logs if you are a hobba :) You know what I mean . Hobbas won't talk childishly .

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Yes but I remember clearly at the beginning of school this year, 'GlitterKat is back to school'

Jane
12-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes but I remember clearly at the beginning of school this year, 'GlitterKat is back to school'

Um..Wasnt that a joke or something when she posted about the end of the summer holidays?

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Well if it was they should make it clear and they said it in a formal way.

Evolution
23-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Well if it was they should make it clear and they said it in a formal way.

Sorry, but I disagree. That was all for promoting the 'BACK TO SCHOOL' stuff, making school fun - like the wallpapers, timetables etc.. It was all a joke, however I do believe some hobba's could fake ages.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!