PDA

View Full Version : [Question] What do you want in V7

Felix
19-02-2015, 04:26 AM
With the development of version seven coming to an end, I am curious to see what features people would like to see on the site.

Nick
19-02-2015, 07:17 AM
coming... to... the end...... ? :O

i want to see a brand new theme that is all. i don't really use the site unless i have to upload images

Matt
19-02-2015, 08:12 AM
I just want to see it released pls.

-Nick
19-02-2015, 08:41 AM
A spell check installed for editing pages.

Felix
19-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Easily done

-Nick
19-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Easily done

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -
Felix; Not 100% related to v7. But something which will grab Badges from HabboxForum then places it into a table on the wiki with reason and date. This would cut down a lot of admin time for Content Designers.

James
19-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I just want to see it released pls.
This please :)

j0rd
19-02-2015, 12:40 PM
it's going to be a disappointment whatever it has, so just release it as it is

scottish
19-02-2015, 12:49 PM

+1.

Felix
19-02-2015, 12:57 PM
+1.
+2.

Inseriousity.
19-02-2015, 01:04 PM
I have translated the grumpy sod language into stiff upper lip language:

"We really appreciate the work you've put into it. Without you (and other coders, whoever they are), it'd still be nowhere near completion. Good job."

David
19-02-2015, 01:32 PM
a page naming and thanking the 500 people who worked on it over the ridiculous amount of years.
also a decent forum skin out of it.

and there's this;
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=751676

MKR&*42
19-02-2015, 01:48 PM
also a decent forum skin out of it.

This :)

Kyle
19-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Yeah fix the user system so it has some actual purpose other than for staff to do stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samantha
19-02-2015, 03:10 PM

http://puu.sh/g3Gsj/ee965e89dd.png

I'm going to guess that it'd still be there when v7 is released. So I'm not sure if you just didn't realise.

Also to the badge thing, it might be carried over from v6 so it would just need a reason why perhaps? We don't really need it uploading every badge as we haven't got pages on them all anyway.

Martin
19-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Improved user system so interactive features can be done easier on the site, making there be more of a reason for it existing. So like things people can enter on the site to win furni, ways people can submit feedback and stuff. Shame the forum and site logins couldn't be integrated somehow so you use the same login for both but I know that's probably impossible

Fabulous easy to use events panel (even better if it could do the job of my booking thread somehow)

Easier opportunities for managers to advertise specific 'bigger' things going on at Habbox. Like we used to have "Habbox Today" on the old site which managers could post on and big up events etc. We have the rotator thing which is good for advertising specific departments, but it takes so long for it to go round and idk if people stare at it that long

Overall just a more modern up to date site which people will want to keep coming back to, that showcases the best of what Habbox has to offer, is fun and interactive, is useful for managers to get the best out of their departments, is full of exciting easy to update fresh content that excites people and is easy to modify in the future so we don't have the whole "v6 has terrible coding"so idc" thing, and hopefully a beautiful new forum skin too! (I still use site skin 2010 woo!)

Chris
19-02-2015, 05:23 PM
There is a forum skin in progress. I don't think it will be ready for when V7 is out but it will be out a short while after.

Improved user system so interactive features can be done easier on the site, making there be more of a reason for it existing. So like things people can enter on the site to win furni, ways people can submit feedback and stuff. Shame the forum and site logins couldn't be integrated somehow so you use the same login for both but I know that's probably impossible

Fabulous easy to use events panel (even better if it could do the job of my booking thread somehow)

Easier opportunities for managers to advertise specific 'bigger' things going on at Habbox. Like we used to have "Habbox Today" on the old site which managers could post on and big up events etc. We have the rotator thing which is good for advertising specific departments, but it takes so long for it to go round and idk if people stare at it that long

Overall just a more modern up to date site which people will want to keep coming back to, that showcases the best of what Habbox has to offer, is fun and interactive, is useful for managers to get the best out of their departments, is full of exciting easy to update fresh content that excites people and is easy to modify in the future so we don't have the whole "v6 has terrible coding"so idc" thing, and hopefully a beautiful new forum skin too! (I still use site skin 2010 woo!)

What was that thing we used to do on habbox.com. A daily question or something where people entered the answer and someone won a prize? Would be good to bring that back.

If you ask me the events panel is definitely going to remove the need for the booking thread and leaderboard threads.

We still have Habbox Today on V7 but it's bigger and more in your face. We'll have to make sure the slides are kept down to a minimum so that it doesn't take too long to go round. It might also be possible to randomise the order in which the slides appear so that the user sees a different slide when they first land on the homepage.

Martin
19-02-2015, 05:39 PM
There is a forum skin in progress. I don't think it will be ready for when V7 is out but it will be out a short while after.

What was that thing we used to do on habbox.com. A daily question or something where people entered the answer and someone won a prize? Would be good to bring that back.

If you ask me the events panel is definitely going to remove the need for the booking thread and leaderboard threads.

We still have Habbox Today on V7 but it's bigger and more in your face. We'll have to make sure the slides are kept down to a minimum so that it doesn't take too long to go round. It might also be possible to randomise the order in which the slides appear so that the user sees a different slide when they first land on the homepage.

We used to have a question of the week thing for 20c I believe, used to get a really good amount of entries! (although the workings of it meant all the entries were spammed onto the forum which got quite annoying for me LOL) I think with better coding though you could make it so the entries could be viewed on the site through a panel or something :) I think it definitely needs stuff that habbo users can interact with and take part in to keep them coming back and hopefully checking out other stuff once they're there.

I am super excited about the events panel! :D

Randomised slides could be good xD It's just that with all the permanent "department" slides, I think its hard to advertise actual events and promotions using that as it takes absolutely ages for them to be noticed etc due to all the permanent ones. (idk if that even makes sense but it does in my head haha), its just like ways managers to promote things that their department might be doing on the main site xD Perhaps this could even be linked in with articles somehow idk.

I am excited! :O

David
19-02-2015, 05:44 PM

habbo or non habbo

Chris
19-02-2015, 05:55 PM
We used to have a question of the week thing for 20c I believe, used to get a really good amount of entries! (although the workings of it meant all the entries were spammed onto the forum which got quite annoying for me LOL) I think with better coding though you could make it so the entries could be viewed on the site through a panel or something :) I think it definitely needs stuff that habbo users can interact with and take part in to keep them coming back and hopefully checking out other stuff once they're there.

I am super excited about the events panel! :D

Randomised slides could be good xD It's just that with all the permanent "department" slides, I think its hard to advertise actual events and promotions using that as it takes absolutely ages for them to be noticed etc due to all the permanent ones. (idk if that even makes sense but it does in my head haha), its just like ways managers to promote things that their department might be doing on the main site xD Perhaps this could even be linked in with articles somehow idk.

I am excited! :O

We'll bring question of the week back then. That was quite good I thought, not sure why it was even stopped in the first place.

habbo or non habbo

Habbo of course :P

Inseriousity.
19-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I stopped it mostly because you'd get 1000 entries where someone has just pressed the submit button so youd have to rummage through it and find the genuine entries (which were usually minimal). If there was something that could be done so it was 1 entry only (im assuming thatd be fairly easy) then itd be fine.

Chris
19-02-2015, 07:10 PM
I stopped it mostly because you'd get 1000 entries where someone has just pressed the submit button so youd have to rummage through it and find the genuine entries (which were usually minimal). If there was something that could be done so it was 1 entry only (im assuming thatd be fairly easy) then itd be fine.

Ah makes sense. I'm sure there will be a method of stopping that haha.

FlyingJesus
19-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I don't think there's actually anything that really needs doing on it tbh it's just been a fun thing to constantly ask about. Adding more stuff for site accounts to be used for is just gonna split activity between site and forum so I don't see that being a good idea, and anything else is just aesthetics

GoldenMerc
19-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Bridge the vBulletin DB with the site, so I don't have to have two accounts for one website. Make me have to use the site, maybe only logged in people can submit requests (improves activity) and just in general get it released.

Nick
19-02-2015, 10:58 PM
merge habboxlive
more real life news because i have no interest in the habbo new tbh

-:Undertaker:-
19-02-2015, 11:26 PM
It'd be nice to see the site layout/skin/design made easy to edit in terms of aesthetics.

At the moment we're only really treated to changes for Christmas/Easter/Halloween where as it'd be nice if we could have a regular rollover of images/logos quite often to keep it looking fresh and updated, as well as simple changes like changing the orange bars a blue colour for St Andrews Day/red for St Georges Day - that sort of thing without it needing lots of planning weeks in advance.

Felix
20-02-2015, 01:06 AM

Yeah it will. I just haven't had the time

Felix
20-02-2015, 09:49 AM
http://puu.sh/g3Gsj/ee965e89dd.png

I'm going to guess that it'd still be there when v7 is released. So I'm not sure if you just didn't realise.

Also to the badge thing, it might be carried over from v6 so it would just need a reason why perhaps? We don't really need it uploading every badge as we haven't got pages on them all anyway.
It's a completely different posting method. But yep [emoji13]

Calum0812
20-02-2015, 10:20 AM
merge habboxlive
Done

more real life news because i have no interest in the habbo new tbh
Not our job, that's Articles haha

Chris
20-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah it will. I just haven't had the time

I would rather see the focus put onto v7 itself, but if you feel you can get it done alongside v7 then thats fine by me. :P

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 01:12 PM
We'll bring question of the week back then. That was quite good I thought, not sure why it was even stopped in the first place.

Habbo of course :P

Just to let you know that is gambling as the winnings would take place on Habbo!

Martin
21-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Just to let you know that is gambling as the winnings would take place on Habbo!

How so? gambling means THEY pay something in the chance of winning something, this is just a competition where they enter for FREE and have the chance of winning.

How is it any different from the competitions we offer on the forum for credits etc?

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 02:09 PM
How so? gambling means THEY pay something in the chance of winning something, this is just a competition where they enter for FREE and have the chance of winning.

How is it any different from the competitions we offer on the forum for credits etc?

Because the winnings take place on Habbo!

The rules are clear, if you talk to Powertoo I'm sure she wouldn't allow it.

Habbo made an article on it back when they introduced the bans.

I would love to do it but Habbo are good at finding loopholes. ;)

Chris
21-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Errm it would be exactly like any other competition we do. Going off what you're saying we wouldn't be allowed to run any competitions or giveaways. Lmao.

Lewis
21-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Because the winnings take place on Habbo!

The rules are clear, if you talk to Powertoo I'm sure she wouldn't allow it.

Habbo made an article on it back when they introduced the bans.

I would love to do it but Habbo are good at finding loopholes. ;)

perhaps this link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gambling+definition) might help you understand it a bit better, cerinacy

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 03:10 PM
perhaps this link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gambling+definition) might help you understand it a bit better, cerinacy

Let's wait for Powertoo's response, eh? :)

Inseriousity.
21-02-2015, 03:13 PM
quit while you're behind alex :P

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 03:14 PM
quit while you're behind alex :P

What do you mean? I am entitled to my opinion. I don't want to see Habbox loosing their official status like what could have potentially happened with the lottery!

Inseriousity.
21-02-2015, 03:17 PM
You can find more about how you are wrong at www.habbox.com/comps or the current habbox.com/hogwarts or habbox.com/events or the fansite events organised by fansites and approved by Sulake. :P

FlyingJesus
21-02-2015, 03:30 PM
To gamble you must be at risk of losing something other than your time, it's really quite simple. Being wrong is not an opinion

scottish
21-02-2015, 06:07 PM
lol clueless

Kardan
21-02-2015, 06:44 PM
RIP competitions department.

2004 - 2015.

Samantha
21-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Cerinacy; you are saying that a competition whereby you submit an answer to a question (and someone gets a prize) is gambling and therefore against the Habbo Way. Then surely, entering a competition ran by Habbo whereby you submit rooms, answer questions etc. (in the hope of winning a prize) is gambling and against the Habbo Way.

Randomized games

* The outcome of the game is random

such as Don't hit the wall, Bingo, Fridge, Nervous. These games are allowed IF:

No bets are placed, which means that people play for free (no entrance fee for example)

Oh look, it's fine :rolleyes:.

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 10:13 PM
How are you going to work out the winner, random generators?

Samantha
21-02-2015, 10:26 PM

Yes, providing they got the correct answer.

Lewis
21-02-2015, 10:27 PM

Probably random generators for most of them, but it may depend on what the competitions are. Even if that is the case, there is nothing wrong or against the habbo way by doing that, as stated plus proved by Samanfa and many others above.

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Do you think Habbox lottery was against the Habbo rules?

Also it doesn't matter what I think, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't against the Habbo rules.

Lewis
21-02-2015, 10:30 PM

Also it doesn't matter what I think, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't against the Habbo rules.

Of course it was because it had an entry fee for a randomly generated winner.

This does not have an entry fee.

Martin
21-02-2015, 10:31 PM

Habbox lottery was different as it required people to pay something (1c) to take part, which constitutes gambling etc.

Running a competition where people pay NOTHING to enter is not breaking any rules.

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 10:32 PM
I only thought because it was randomised that it was against the Habbo way but I guess that's only if you paid?

I have resigned from HxHD as Habbos wanted me to regarding this so I apologise, I obviously didn't understand fully.

Chris
21-02-2015, 10:45 PM
You don't need to resign. You made a mistake, everyone does that at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cerinacy
21-02-2015, 10:47 PM
You don't need to resign. You made a mistake, everyone does that at some point.

Thanks but I've been advised as HxHD staff that I should have more knowledge on the matter which is true and they said it was best to quit at this time.

Chris
21-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Thanks but I've been advised as HxHD staff that I should have more knowledge on the matter which is true and they said it was best to quit at this time.
I can't see from Tapatalk, but you are a trialist are you not? Just learn and move on!

Samantha
21-02-2015, 10:54 PM
I can't see from Tapatalk, but you are a trialist are you not? Just learn and move on!

He's a trialist, but has been in the department previously.
Cerinacy; I see the confusion - it's gambling if there's an entry fee and not everyone gets a prize. Other things, such as paying where everyone wins (as long as it doesn't look like you're just finding a loop hole) is fine, and not paying anything is fine too.

Bloop
22-02-2015, 02:11 AM
"sorry im too butthurt to admit im wrong thus i resigned"

Cerinacy
22-02-2015, 07:58 AM
"sorry im too butthurt to admit im wrong thus i resigned"

I admit that I'm wrong. :)

Kyle
22-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Lmao at resigning from Hxhd what a martyr. If everybody who lacked the correct knowledge in some aspect of habbo resigned there would be no staff left.

Cerinacy
22-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Lmao at resigning from Hxhd what a martyr. If everybody who lacked the correct knowledge in some aspect of habbo resigned there would be no staff left.

I'm actually resigning because of a change of circumstance in real life and the fact that Habbox had a lottery which was against the Habbo rules. I'm also resigning because of this problem because a) I should have understood and b) Made me realise how unpleasant some of you are.

Instead of wasting your breath, let's get back on topic with the thread? Won't be checking this thread any more, I've said I was wrong and it's now down to you all if you want to continue haha but you won't be getting any responses. :)

Phil
22-02-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm actually resigning because of a change of circumstance in real life and the fact that Habbox had a lottery which was against the Habbo rules. I'm also resigning because of this problem because a) I should have understood and b) Made me realise how unpleasant some of you are.

Instead of wasting your breath, let's get back on topic with the thread? Won't be checking this thread any more, I've said I was wrong and it's now down to you all if you want to continue haha but you won't be getting any responses. :)

Don't mind them, you're right, there are some unpleasant people on this Forum but they have nothing better to do than intimidate younger members and then question why people aren't staying. Don't use them as a reason for resigning, you could have a lot of fun in the department.

As for V7, I would like to be able to be logged in on both sites but on the same account because I constantly forget my password for the Habbox site lol

Kyle
22-02-2015, 06:25 PM
also this if it hasnt been added already
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=801591 (op, ignore posts about rv)

Martin
22-02-2015, 06:34 PM
also this if it hasnt been added already
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=801591 (op, ignore posts about rv)

I'm under the impression that something like this (and even more useful) is already part of V7 :D I did also mention events type stuff in an earlier post in this thread xD

-Nick
22-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I agree with the bridging of the databases. Would make life alot easier.

Calum0812
22-02-2015, 09:13 PM
I agree with the bridging of the databases. Would make life alot easier.
It's something to look into but I'm not sure it'll be possible at this stage given the difference in permission systems

-Nick
22-02-2015, 09:24 PM
It's something to look into but I'm not sure it'll be possible at this stage given the difference in permission systems
I suppose it might be too late! Maybe it's something to look at for v8?

Would definitely help Chris out on the long term with permissions.

xxMATTGxx
22-02-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole merge databases for user accounts was put off in the initial planning for the next version of Habbox for various reasons. I think Chippiewill; had some points on that. Maybe he can remind me, unless he thinks differently now? As it has been a good few years since then.

Chippiewill
22-02-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole merge databases for user accounts was put off in the initial planning for the next version of Habbox for various reasons. I think Chippiewill; had some points on that. Maybe he can remind me, unless he thinks differently now? As it has been a good few years since then.

It is different now, Tom and I discussed it at Christmas for HabboxWiki and it's doable for V7 too, I just need time to write the appropriate plugin for the forum - the corresponding code already exists for V7. If you want that then I finish my term in three weeks and I'll have a bit more time then - I've got two projects and I'm running a course at the moment so I have zero time for now.

GoldenMerc
23-02-2015, 07:26 AM
It is different now, Tom and I discussed it at Christmas for HabboxWiki and it's doable for V7 too, I just need time to write the appropriate plugin for the forum - the corresponding code already exists for V7. If you want that then I finish my term in three weeks and I'll have a bit more time then - I've got two projects and I'm running a course at the moment so I have zero time for now.
Already a plugin for vB to work with WP. Then for permissions use if usergroup x allow to this page sort of thing. Wala

Chippiewill
24-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Already a plugin for vB to work with WP. Then for permissions use if usergroup x allow to this page sort of thing. Wala

Yeah, I'm aware of those sorts of things. But they don't solve the original concerns with that sort of integration.

GoldenMerc
24-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I'm aware of those sorts of things. But they don't solve the original concerns with that sort of integration.
Which is

Felix
24-02-2015, 10:12 AM
If chippiewill is happy to do it I guess we could go ahead with it as majority of people want it. That's if Matt and Chris are happy for it. Me and calum are happy to do so

Chippiewill
25-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Which is

Giving the Main site access to the database and the security concern of direct linking. The number of people with DB access to the forum is considerably lower than the number with DB access on the Main site. The system Tom and I discussed would use SSO of some sort.

Chris
25-02-2015, 08:10 PM
It's a nice idea and definitely something to think about for the future.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!