PDA

View Full Version : Are you a teachers pet?

Phil
06-03-2015, 06:16 PM
I don't think I am, I wouldn't label myself one at all but at the same time I get along with all of my lecturers. I'm class rep for my course so I work closely with them and they know I'm reliable and tbh they've helped me secure an amazing work opportunity for the summer but I still argue with them and stuff. There's a girl in my class who would almost polish their shoes she is ridiculous!

What about you?

welshcake
06-03-2015, 06:17 PM
I used to be when I was in school with some teachers haha. ;/////

Alysha
06-03-2015, 06:18 PM
In school, I definitely was to an extent. I wasn't pompous with it, just did everything I was told and in return I would benefit with extra tuition etc. In university, I'm definitely not. I suppose it should be the other way around, but hey ho.

Inseriousity.
06-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Absolutely.
If the teacher likes you you're more likely to get away with not handing in homework etc which is good for me lmaooo

Chris
06-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Not really. The teachers pet thing is a bit of a school kid term which seems like a bit of a silly thing to say for someone of my age. I get on really well with all my lecturers though, if thats what is meant by it.

Empired
06-03-2015, 06:37 PM
I do what they tell me to most of the time but I won't necessarily do it on time. I'm so frustrated with my classes because literally no one except me and one other girl speaks so sometimes it feels like it's just the three of us (me, this girl and our teacher) having a conversation in the class. It makes me feel like a teachers pet because I ask questions all the time if I don't understand something, but now that I think about it it's just because I want to pass my classes so badly and I don't see why I should sit there in silence.

There are a couple of teachers I get on really well with, two I can cope with and two I can't stand. One is an NQT and just has no idea what she's doing, and one bullied my friend at the start of the year when she was late because the bus she was on broke down.

Richie
06-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Nope, most hated me, even though i was lovely.

Lindsey
06-03-2015, 06:59 PM
I don't think I am, I go to class do the work and leave.

Kellie
06-03-2015, 07:11 PM
I used to be pretty good to be fair in primary school, used to buy my teachers presents when they left or something. Then when I got to secondary god no. My teachers already decided to hate me because they taught my brother and he used to play up a lot. So they automatically disliked me so I argued a lot or didn't bother showing up to some classes oops :(. But I was pretty well behaved in some classes because the teacher respected me along with others so I respected them back.

Calum0812
06-03-2015, 07:12 PM
I get on well with my teachers and take a lead in a lot of events that the school host. I wouldn't describe myself as a teacher's pet but instead someone mature enough to establish a good working relationship.

Schools are developing more now. It's less about teachers at one end and students at another but instead a level playing field where students should take responsibility for their own learning and development.

Kardan
06-03-2015, 09:56 PM
I did the work and didn't misbehave, but I wouldn't say I was the teachers pet.

Bloop
07-03-2015, 12:37 AM
teachers hate me lmaoooooo

Expling
07-03-2015, 02:06 AM
I am the biggest teachers pet you could meet, with some teachers anyway! I do everything I'm told but I'm not the person who'd offer to do things

I remember once this teacher loved me and she use to be so happy when she seen me, then I forgot my book and she's hated me since.. rip.

-:Undertaker:-
07-03-2015, 07:00 AM
In university I have no relationship what so ever with my lecturers, let alone the university itself. No attachment what so ever.

In terms of school, I was close to my teachers although I certainly wasn't a goody two shoes. Still got in trouble from time to time. That said, I still go in once a year and see my teachers, still see my English teachers at New Year period and have three of them on Facebook, two on twitter and three of their phone numbers. Different teachers too, not the same group. I like to keep in touch.

Schools are developing more now. It's less about teachers at one end and students at another but instead a level playing field where students should take responsibility for their own learning and development.

And that's why half of the schools are out of control. :P

Matt
07-03-2015, 09:38 AM
I'd say I sort of am. My fear of not doing the work and then getting told off for it in front of people encourages me to do all of the work and make sure the teacher/tutor knows that I'm trying. I'm not really really obvious though and I'll muck around when I know the teacher likes me (and I'll get away with it).

Showder
07-03-2015, 02:03 PM
I get along with them when we both share a like for something. For example there's my Chem teacher who loves Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and I love it too so we would talk about that after classes. But all in all, I don't really consider myself a teachers pet mainly because I'm pretty loud in class and I don't really suck up to them.

There's this girl though who is a huge kiss ass to all the teachers which is an advantage for her because I got sent down to the office for telling her to 'shut the hell up' lol.

UnrealGoffEmo
07-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Absolutely.
If the teacher likes you you're more likely to get away with not handing in homework etc which is good for me lmaooo

Agreed. I am not totaly 100% one, but a bit of being say "smooth" really does help in tricky situations with the Teach!

AgnesIO
07-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Generally always got on well with teachers - wasn't being a teachers pet, though. Just always offered an answer to a question, since I see no point whatsoever in a class sitting there like lemons trying to be 'cool' by not answering questions.

UnrealGoffEmo
07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
I am the biggest teachers pet you could meet, with some teachers anyway! I do everything I'm told but I'm not the person who'd offer to do things

I remember once this teacher loved me and she use to be so happy when she seen me, then I forgot my book and she's hated me since.. rip.

Me too in a way - I am a big Teachers pet, but you have to grovel at times I think, at school or not or in any walk of life. As long as you do the work, occasionaly you have to play "certain cards/the hard done by card etc"!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!