PDA

View Full Version : Public transport and smells

-:Undertaker:-
15-03-2015, 10:01 PM
If you use public transport, you'll know that many uhm... interesting people get on them. And smelly people, from those eating smelly food on the bus or train or whatever to those who haven't take a bath or shower in a week and haven't heard of deodrant.

Now the question is, if one sits next to you or by you or starts a smell someway through your journey, do you move to another part of the bus? When I was younger I would probably brave it to avoid the 'awkwardness' of moving across the bus or carriage, but now I don't give a hoot so I would move. That said, I usually get the train now and it doesn't tend to have stinky people like the bus did so yeah. Ew especially in summer VOM.

What about you in such situations?

Thread moved by Richie (Forum Moderator): from "Discuss Anything", as I feel it is more suited here.

Empired
15-03-2015, 10:04 PM
I have a terrible sense of smell so it doesn't bother me at all. Like I didn't believe people when they said that flowers had a scent for the longest time, so *most* bad smells I couldn't care less about. If they're bad enough for me to smell though I know there's a problem. Luckily that's never happened to me on public transport!

Richie
15-03-2015, 10:04 PM
I'll usually just stick it out as I don't want to offend the person by moving across the bus / train. If it was a super long journey Id probs move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kellie
15-03-2015, 10:07 PM
To avoid such smells I normally sit on a seat then pop my bag down on the other so no one can sit next to me lmao. Unless I need to give up my seat for someone that I feel needs it. I remember being on a bus with my friend and there was a guy sitting across from us and we could smell him from where we were sitting, was vile lol

scottish
15-03-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't use public transport.

Alysha
15-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I don't use public transport either, but if I did, I would stay where I was. Don't have the courage to move.

welshcake
16-03-2015, 02:07 AM
I haven't used public transport in forever but I would probably just end up staying where I was and being like ;l

Absently
16-03-2015, 02:12 AM
I never use public transport and try to avoid it at all costs as id much rather walk than take a bus. I would just stay there though and like put my sleeve up to my face to avoid smelling the nasty smell!!

Reminds me of the story I read the other day where the bus man made the security man take the woman off the bus and bring her to the toilets so she could clean herself cus she smelt so bad!!

lemons
16-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Yes if some hoodrat gets on the bus smelling of weed I go downstairs

-:Undertaker:-
16-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Yes if some hoodrat gets on the bus smelling of weed I go downstairs

Hoodrat. I like that.

Bloop
16-03-2015, 01:48 PM
cover my nose and move away if possible

make it obvious tht ew ur smelly go away :-)

dbgtz
21-03-2015, 01:48 AM
It doesn't really bother me. I've probably smelt worse things than a stinky person on a bus.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!