PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to help with this?

lRhyss
25-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Okay so anyone want to help me with this question?

a) In your report, describe what are the ethical and legal considerations that need to be considered if Adam wishes to release its customers’ details to other organisations.

It's a 10 mark question, so I'm looking to write a page and a 1/3, or something around those lines. I just don't know the answer.

Pretty sure it's illegal for companies to sell personal information to other companies, but not sure about releasing it for free? Is there any acts (Data protection etc...) that I need to look into/mention?

Any pointers would be great haha, I have no clue, I don't read into this sort of stuff, ever :P

(I'm not asking you to write the answer, just point me in the right direction xo)

David
25-04-2015, 12:37 PM
don't you need consent? and that's why there's always that one tick box on forms that asks to share your email and **** with other companies

although that doesn't stop facebook

Brad
25-04-2015, 02:37 PM
that's sort of funny that you have that questions.

There's a Bill right now trying to be passed at Parliament in Canada called Bill C51. Essentially it is doing the exact same thing that your question is asking...
Giving the ability for the government to have more access to things that once were private, and the ability to hand off personal data to other countries which then will help our "Internal terrorist actions"... now I know there's a bunch more for that but in ending;

describe what are the ethical and legal considerations that need to be considered if Adam wishes to release its customers’ details to other organisations.
Considerations that adam needs to take before releasing is the repercussions of the contracts made. (based upon the line of work adam does...)Also, Trust built between his clients and himself.

Earthquake
25-04-2015, 03:08 PM
What you should do is look up old cases of leaked personal details i.e sony, read how that affected its customers etc. and write out in your own words using that

scottish
25-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Stuff to consider would be like

- Why they need it
- What policies they use (i.e. should be similar to yours)
- What information do they require (don't give them more than needed)
- Who would have access to it (everyone, just management, etc?)
- How to share it (email, electronically transferred, printed?)
- Do your policies state you're allowed to (i.e. if your privacy policy states that you never share info, then you shouldn't)

other than that google ethical issues in data sharing etc and you'll get stuff like https://www.essex.ac.uk/ldev/documents/going_digital/Ethical%20&%20Legal%20Issues%20in%20Data%20Sharing.pdf

-:Undertaker:-
26-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Jesus that looks like a boring Q, and you've got to write pages and pages on it?

Good thing I never did business/Law.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!