PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Wtf is the point of registering an account here in the forum?

unwantedUser
23-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Like seriously, I wouldn't use this account for anything else aside from reading threads. Because it limits me from reading anything and it forces me to register.

Thread moved by Samanfa (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo News & Rumours' as it is better suited here.

Alysha
23-05-2015, 10:26 AM
is that not the point? If you want to read the threads that the community are discussing you have to become a part of the community...

Cow
23-05-2015, 10:38 AM
If you want to read threads, then surely it's not going harm to join the community. Most threads are there to help people and if they help you then the least you can do is sign up.

GoldenMerc
23-05-2015, 11:04 AM
great habbo news, if you didn't want to register why did you? If you don't want to be part of the community go find somewhere else to be boring at... I heard HabboHut are recruiting.

Samantha
23-05-2015, 11:25 AM
You make it sound like we don't allow you to view any thread without you registering? We allow a limit which you will find on most Habbo fansites, but thanks for taking the time to join ours forum and bring your amazing contributions!

Nick
23-05-2015, 11:54 AM
great habbo news, if you didn't want to register why did you? If you don't want to be part of the community go find somewhere else to be boring at... I heard HabboHut are recruiting.

Because yhey fwwls like to like it

- - - Updated - - -

Because yhey fwwls like to like it

Kyle
23-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Lol when was this limit introduced? I figured it was just spam and pappy that were restricted. Most forums have very strict thread limits why do we need them?

I am am with this fella, if people just like to browse the forum without posting (and many Sulake staff are included in this) then don't force them to register. Habbox had a reputation o being the go-to site for discussion on big changes in habbo - not everybody wants to talk in those discussions but they might still have liked to read them. Remove this thing at once!

Bloop
23-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Like seriously, I wouldn't use this account for anything else aside from reading threads. Because it limits me from reading anything and it forces me to register.

Thread moved by Samanfa (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo News & Rumours' as it is better suited here.

If you're unhappy then don't browse habbox at all?? :O

Ok you're really pathetic; threads are the whole point of a forum in the first place LOL. If you're unhappy you can check out habbcrazy and habboquests who have 1 post every hour.

And hffm and thishabbo etc restricts their forum to ZERO browsing. Habbox still allows some before the prompt. Stop barking up the wrong tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol when was this limit introduced? I figured it was just spam and pappy that were restricted. Most forums have very strict thread limits why do we need them?

I am am with this fella, if people just like to browse the forum without posting (and many Sulake staff are included in this) then don't force them to register. Habbox had a reputation o being the go-to site for discussion on big changes in habbo - not everybody wants to talk in those discussions but they might still have liked to read them. Remove this thing at once!

Yeah they're still allowed to just that after a few threads they get prompted to sign up.

1/2 months ago I think iirc, I was speaking to Immenseman; and he told me he couldn't lurk on here anymore LMFAO.

Chippiewill
23-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Lol when was this limit introduced
I noticed Matt installed the plugin for it a few months ago, I don't remember there being any discussion about it at the time.

Kyle
23-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Woah at the aggression from some of the members here, what the hell hahaha

I noticed Matt installed the plugin for it a few months ago, I don't remember there being any discussion about it at the time.
How many threads is it and is there any real reason at all for putting it in place other than because others do it? I also wonder whether there are any signup statistics to compare to see whether it's working? My guess would be that it isn't - Just look at the viewcount on habbo news threads compared to what they have been previously.

Lurkers contribute to popularity just as much (if not more, in the rand scheme of things [word of mouth is a powerful tool]) as registered users do so to restrict them is a rather silly move IMO!

Chris
23-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Matt did it as an experiment. No idea whether he's been tracking it though.

-:Undertaker:-
23-05-2015, 03:35 PM

I agree 100%.

It took me months before I actually signed up, and I got sucked into the forum just from reading threads in UK News & Rumours.

Remove the viewing limit entirely.

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Bonus points to the user who decided to create a fake email address and also go through a proxy/VPN just to sign up to the forum to complain about the restriction. Must of really hated that process.

Remove this thing at once!

Remove the viewing limit entirely.

I'll remove it because it hasn't made much of a difference not because you have suggested to do so.

Inseriousity.
23-05-2015, 04:10 PM
What are the registration stats for 2015 :)

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2015, 04:12 PM
What are the registration stats for 2015 :)

1363 :)

Phil
23-05-2015, 04:22 PM

If you're unhappy then don't browse habbox at all?? :O

Ok you're really pathetic; threads are the whole point of a forum in the first place LOL. If you're unhappy you can check out habbcrazy and habboquests who have 1 post every hour.

And hffm and thishabbo etc restricts their forum to ZERO browsing. Habbox still allows some before the prompt. Stop barking up the wrong tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they're still allowed to just that after a few threads they get prompted to sign up.

1/2 months ago I think iirc, I was speaking to Immenseman; and he told me he couldn't lurk on here anymore LMFAO.

This is fantastic attitude to have when we are trying to make new users feel welcome to the forum.

Matt approached me and said he was going to introduce it to see if it made a difference to the amount signing up and participating around the Forum, worth a try anyway!

Kyle
23-05-2015, 06:35 PM
I'll remove it because it hasn't made much of a difference not because you have suggested to do so.
Was the difference positive or negative in terms of amount of signups and thread viewing figures?

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Was the difference positive or negative in terms of amount of signups and thread viewing figures?

Well if we go by 2015 then last month we had the highest signups, so positive in that aspect.

Kyle
23-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Well if we go by 2015 then last month we had the highest signups, so positive in that aspect.
Interesting although a comparison to previous years might reveal a similar pattern in the 1st quarter too, so who knows! user retention has always been the bigger issue though. bring on hxss.

Bloop
24-05-2015, 01:45 AM
This is fantastic attitude to have when we are trying to make new users feel welcome to the forum.

He made it clear he didn't even want to sign up in the first place what

And I swear when it was first implemented it was really effective like users shot up to almost 230 users at one point in time (users online for the last 24 hours)

I say keep it! It isn't total restriction on thread viewing anyway and there are ways to bypass it

Peoplebenefit from signing up anyway so :P

TCGEmily
24-05-2015, 02:54 AM
Just an opinion here, i've just been here for not long but you've got to compare the statistics on those that sign up to read and just online visits to the web. If you want a larger community on the forums, you can just keep it but if you don't mind smaller or comparing with ither fansites or whatsoever, you may take it away. Maybe for other threads like Eurovision you may keep it open to the public but they can't reply? Just let them browse but not the ability to reply in threads? Then that will prompt them to register an account on the forums to give their opinions. If that sounds better. Let's not argue here, i feel the same those people who wants to keep the limit that you want a bigger community on the forums/bigger family (do enlighten me if i'm totally wrong) and those that want it gone to attract more new users. Maybe restrict the browsing to certain threads, afterall our forums are always brimming with activity, people who thinks that there is a limit still might register for an account which in my opinion is like a +/-. But it boils down to whether the mods want to remove it or leave it. Just giving my opinion but if it doesn't help or i start getting criticised at, i'll just delete this post or any of you mods can help me do it (: Just do not want any of you guys to fall out just for this argument about the limit and registration.

Lewis
24-05-2015, 11:41 AM
I don't think it should be kept. I read plenty of forums without signing up, if it eventually doesn't allow me to read anymore posts I most of the time stop going on it.

It's better to have people viewing the forum and not signing up rather than stopping all together.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!