PDA

View Full Version : [Question] tokens for creds

Yawn
09-06-2015, 05:33 PM
i looked at the forum shop and couldnt see anything

is this still a thing

Chris
09-06-2015, 05:55 PM
We stopped this quite a while ago I'm afraid.

Lewis
09-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Never knew you stopped this, was there an announcement?

lemons
09-06-2015, 06:11 PM
that is a shame

Chris
09-06-2015, 06:14 PM
No there was never an announcement for it. It was brought up in feedback countless times due to there never being any stock, so we finally decided to remove it.

Kyle
09-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Ripieno said on forum a couple months ago that habbox has "more than enough" credits to give as prizes. Add the coins back to token shop or riot in hallway

Nick
10-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Ripieno said on forum a couple months ago that habbox has "more than enough" credits to give as prizes. Add the coins back to token shop or riot in hallway

yer but the problem would be members would suck habbox dry and then when hxss/big events comes no one has credits for prizes etc

Kyle
10-06-2015, 01:46 AM
yer but the problem would be members would suck habbox dry and then when hxss/big events comes no one has credits for prizes etc
Some events give away a gold bar per round, this doesn't appear to be a problem. Without credit incentives no habbo users really care about posting - posting stats reflect that.

Empired
10-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Some events give away a gold bar per round, this doesn't appear to be a problem. Without credit incentives no habbo users really care about posting - posting stats reflect that.
but they could earn the same prize considerably faster (and without having to try and break into our.. somewhat closed community) by playing events or entering comps/hxl comps. plus the fact everything has to be done manually from the shop it can be quite slow and a new user might even start to think we're scamming them? I like the forum shop but I don't think it's suitable for habbo credits to be sold.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Do you have any stats to show who/what kind of members bought coins?

Kyle
10-06-2015, 08:10 AM
but they could earn the same prize considerably faster (and without having to try and break into our.. somewhat closed community) by playing events or entering comps/hxl comps. plus the fact everything has to be done manually from the shop it can be quite slow and a new user might even start to think we're scamming them? I like the forum shop but I don't think it's suitable for habbo credits to be sold.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Do you have any stats to show who/what kind of members bought coins?
No new user is going to have enough tokens to redeem for credits and if they think they're being scammed after posting so long in a system that has rewarded lots of people already then they're an idiot. There is no community to break into on the forum and saying that it is hard to post is only discouraging.

50c took 100 minimal effort posts to gain, it's a nice incentive to continue to post for those that wouldn't normally and a good alternative to those that don't attend events or enter competitions but still like playing habbo. Keeping token shop icons purely forum based is only encouraging for active forum users, not the dormant ones that might be posting otherwise.

Only habbo players bought coins with tokens. Yawn effectively gets no reward for all the posts he made and now has no incentive to continue posting, which is what the tokens were brought in for in the first place.

lemons
10-06-2015, 08:21 AM
i loved collecting my 20c ffrom mattg i am sad about this news

Empired
10-06-2015, 05:11 PM
No new user is going to have enough tokens to redeem for credits and if they think they're being scammed after posting so long in a system that has rewarded lots of people already then they're an idiot. There is no community to break into on the forum and saying that it is hard to post is only discouraging.

50c took 100 minimal effort posts to gain, it's a nice incentive to continue to post for those that wouldn't normally and a good alternative to those that don't attend events or enter competitions but still like playing habbo. Keeping token shop icons purely forum based is only encouraging for active forum users, not the dormant ones that might be posting otherwise.

Only habbo players bought coins with tokens. Yawn effectively gets no reward for all the posts he made and now has no incentive to continue posting, which is what the tokens were brought in for in the first place.
Sorry I thought when you said "habbo users" you meant new users?? As in not Habbox users :S My bad hehe

GommeInc
10-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Their loss. If they need an incentive to post then that is their problem. Habbox should never have done it as it only causes a problem rather than fixes one.

The problem with posting stats isn't really about incentives either. Forums are a dying thing these days. We have Facebook, Twitter and other tools for communicating. Many members of the forum just chat on Skype or keep to Spam. Not forgetting Habbo is deeply unstable in terms of having a future. I don't think many Habbo members bother joining fansites as they have all they need on Habbo anyway.

Earthquake
10-06-2015, 11:08 PM
In a way its a good thing it was scrapped.

Kyle
10-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Their loss. If they need an incentive to post then that is their problem. Habbox should never have done it as it only causes a problem rather than fixes one.

The problem with posting stats isn't really about incentives either. Forums are a dying thing these days. We have Facebook, Twitter and other tools for communicating. Many members of the forum just chat on Skype or keep to Spam. Not forgetting Habbo is deeply unstable in terms of having a future. I don't think many Habbo members bother joining fansites as they have all they need on Habbo anyway.
Forums aren't dying, just habbox is: plenty of other fansites (hffm, habhome, habboquests) have thriving forum communities.

In a way its a good thing it was scrapped.
how

Phil
10-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Kyle;

What if there was a possibility of adding credit incentives to the Posting Statistic prizes? I think that way people could still work towards earning credits but there won't be as much available as there would be sold in the shop.

Kyle
10-06-2015, 11:16 PM
@Kyle (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=30795);

What if there was a possibility of adding credit incentives to the Posting Statistic prizes? I think that way people could still work towards earning credits but there won't be as much available as there would be sold in the shop.
The credits in the token shop were prizes that people could work towards over time. Minimal effort but continued involvement. Just a better system really.

Phil
10-06-2015, 11:19 PM
The credits in the token shop were prizes that people could work towards over time. Minimal effort but continued involvement. Just a better system really.

A better system of course but as previously mentioned, some of the users with the top amount of tokens would suck Habbox dry :P

Kyle
10-06-2015, 11:55 PM
A better system of course but as previously mentioned, some of the users with the top amount of tokens would suck Habbox dry :P
There was a limit to 1gb per person per month/2 months and many of top token holders don't play habbo enough to care about coins or indeed at all.

what is the funding situation at habbox now? what is habbox worth

xxMATTGxx
11-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Forums aren't dying, just habbox is: plenty of other fansites (hffm, habhome, habboquests) have thriving forum communities.

how

He means forums in general, not just Habbo forums and he is some what correct. Forums are classed as old technology. Any stock we put into the shop was sold out within minutes, which means topping it up again, again and again. When the credits can be given to departments for their events/competitions on Habbo.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a limit to 1gb per person per month/2 months and many of top token holders don't play habbo enough to care about coins or indeed at all.

what is the funding situation at habbox now? what is habbox worth

Well I only have 750 credits to my name at this moment in time.

Earthquake
11-06-2015, 04:50 PM
He means forums in general, not just Habbo forums and he is some what correct. Forums are classed as old technology. Any stock we put into the shop was sold out within minutes, which means topping it up again, again and again. When the credits can be given to departments for their events/competitions on Habbo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I only have 750 credits to my name at this moment in time.

Habbox are taking donations if your interested, donate to Matt x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!