PDA

View Full Version : Overnight buses

Kimmy
11-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Anyone tried those overnight bus things? I'm getting one from Scotland - London after I see my family but cba traveling for an entire day sitting in the one place.

You can chose a top bunk or lower bunk; which is better? Are the beds comfortable at all or?

Also if I didn't want to be in the bed at any certain time you can go and sit on the seats yeah?

I'm usually a train person but it's so much cheaper to get the bus.

Martin
11-07-2015, 03:32 PM
I've been on the overnight eurolines bus from Cardiff to Waterford in Ireland (The bus drives onto the ferry too!) They didn't have beds though!! :( A lot of people were sleeping in their seats though (especially the ones who had started out in London so had like a 15 hour journey!

Kimmy
11-07-2015, 03:38 PM
I've been on the overnight eurolines bus from Cardiff to Waterford in Ireland (The bus drives onto the ferry too!) They didn't have beds though!! :( A lot of people were sleeping in their seats though (especially the ones who had started out in London so had like a 15 hour journey!

Yeah, I've been to Scotland - London on the normal bus before and it's just painful. I can't fall asleep sitting up and I always just want to lie down :(
It's like £30 for the one trip but it's better than to 1234543 I'd be paying for the train!

onceawinner
11-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Not sure at all OP about if you can just go and sit, but I'd sure try it no doubts

Though I'd feel a bit strange sleeping in a room full of total strangers - especialy on an upper bunk

GoldenMerc
11-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Just find a spooning partner, sorted.

Empired
12-07-2015, 02:42 PM
different pros and cons to upper and lower bunks tho

Lower: easier to get in and out of, don't have to worry about disturbing the person underneath you, easier to move about in general.
Upper: don't have a person above to disturb you

Kimmy
12-07-2015, 09:27 PM
different pros and cons to upper and lower bunks tho

Lower: easier to get in and out of, don't have to worry about disturbing the person underneath you, easier to move about in general.
Upper: don't have a person above to disturb you

What if the person above me farts D:

Empired
13-07-2015, 09:36 AM
What if the person above me farts D:
I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you pal

Jazz
13-07-2015, 06:59 PM
lower bunk for sure, you dont tend to notice the upper bunks much. i take plenty of munch, water, travel sickness & sleeping pills and it usually gets me through the journey

Matt
14-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Didn't even know those existed so I can't really talk from experience.

I'd pick a lower bunk though and take some earphones to listen to music

Inseriousity.
15-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I've been to Scotland - London on the normal bus before and it's just painful. I can't fall asleep sitting up and I always just want to lie down :(
It's like £30 for the one trip but it's better than to 1234543 I'd be paying for the train!

lmao I thought Middlesbrough to London was bad (6 hours). scotland to london must be a terrible journey (although yes definitely much cheaper despite hours of fidgeting about unable to sleep)
I can never sleep, I didn't realise they did beds as well, its just like the Knight Bus lmao. I would say a top bunk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!