PDA

View Full Version : do you get motion sickness

Bloop
15-07-2015, 10:53 PM
does it get really bad? what do you do to go about your travelling?

Matt
16-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I used to get really travel sick. I still can't read in cars (maps or phones) and have to take travel sick pills just to make me feel better if I'm on a long car ride or on a long haul flight. I'm generally alright though and I've never actually been sick, only felt like it I was going to.

Jazz
16-07-2015, 07:58 AM
i always have to take travel sickness pills, even for short journeys i get it quite bad

Red
16-07-2015, 08:13 AM
I get car/bus/boat sickness. I literally get sick sometimes doing a 15 mins journey. In cars I just sit at the window, get plenty of air and don't look at my phone. For holidays, we will be going on a lot of boat trips so I will bring travel sickness tablets and those bands.

buttons
16-07-2015, 08:24 AM
i used to get sick if I was travelling for hours on end in a car or bus, I kinda just got over it as I got older tho but sometimes if it's really bumpy I will start to feel sick

Empired
16-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Only time I've ever been seasick was actually on land lmfao

I only get travel sick if I'm reading in the car so actually I'm pretty good at traveling thank goodness

Samantha
16-07-2015, 01:46 PM
I get travel sick, it's usually long journeys, but sometimes short ones. I take travel sickness pills, but I've noticed at night I've sort of grown out of it and I found if I'm in the front of the car I'm fine.

Sho
16-07-2015, 06:58 PM
i don't really get travel sick
sometimes when i look down in a moving car to text or read i feel really ill but once i look back up for a bit i'm fine. i don't know why that happens though

Sian
18-07-2015, 05:13 PM
I get sick on any mode of transport. Flying/boats I take a sickness tablet and try to zone out of the situation. Cars I keep the window open.

welshcake
22-07-2015, 03:30 PM
I get very, very travel sick! Verryyyyyyyy travel sick
I od on travel tablets before any journey
if Alysha drives me home from work and it's like 2 mins away, I feel sick
like it's bad

Joe
22-07-2015, 04:56 PM
I used to get awful travel sickness no matter where we went or where I sat in the car - I absolutely hated it and I was terrified for our Year 6 residential trip and I really didn't want to be sick. Then as if by magic I just stopped on the way there, and ever since I've never been travel sick. I still feel queasy on roads that aren't very good or anything, but I'm nothing like I was.

Chris
22-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Generally no, but I remember being sick on a coach once.

Metric1
22-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Yes, I get sick in the passenger seat so I have to drive most times.

Phil
22-07-2015, 11:56 PM
I am so glad I don't get motion sickness. My girlfriend gets it really bad and it is the most unhelpful thing ever!!

Nick
23-07-2015, 04:43 AM
nah i dont which is good

e5
23-07-2015, 05:54 AM
No, thankfully I don't get car sick. I mean sometimes I have felt a bit suck whilst in a car but only if I was reading something or something like that, usually I'm fine

Cody
24-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abitoflauren
12-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbgtz
13-08-2015, 03:55 PM
The only time I've remotely felt sick when travelling was when I tried to read in a car when I was about 12 :P

sadcore
18-08-2015, 05:32 PM
no
motion sickness confuses me alot

Charz777
18-08-2015, 08:40 PM
It varies. I used to FEEL sick all the time in the car but never was actually sick. I don't really feel sick at all in cars now unless I look down. I wouldn't be able to use my phone in the car.

I always feel sick on flights but again never was until this July which I think was brought on by having a bad cough/cold.

I've been on ferries a few times and was never ill but I stayed on deck the whole time. I felt a bit sick on the cruise I did in July but mainly on the one day the weather was bad and the sea was rough. I wore sea bands the whole time (visible in ALL the photographs!!) and took about 4 travel sickness tablets over the week which wasn't too bad. I actually found lying flat on my back really took the sensation away which was a relief. Green apple is also meant to help. Everyone recommended ginger to me so I bought some ginger sweets but they tasted awful and I didn't bother with them.

Don't quote me on this but I think motion sickness is caused when the vehicle moves but what you see appears to be still (either because you're looking down or can't see a fixed point outside such as the horizon or just normal outside objects) and the balance sensors in your brain don't match up because they think you should be completely still but you aren't. Something like that.

Hannah
19-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Occasionally, but mainly on long journeys.

I always hated having to sit at the front next to a teacher on coaches for school trips because of it. :rolleyes:

LewSafety
03-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I can't travel as a passenger. Actual projectile vomit material. I'm completely fine when I'm the one driving though, which has actually resulted in me trying to pretend and imagine myself driving while a passenger... weird, i know.

Matthew
03-10-2015, 04:07 PM
nope i dont get travel sick. i have been sick a few times from car journeys but only when i was really young

j0rd
03-10-2015, 04:25 PM
never
I used to do a lot of long car journeys when I was younger so just got pretty used to it

Metric1
04-10-2015, 09:07 PM
yes, but strangely not in a car or plane - put me on a boat and i'm nauseous.

Ekelektra
05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I've had motion sickness since I was a baby but it's better now. When I was a kid I couldn't be in the car longer than about 40 minutes but haven't thown up in years now although sometimes I feel a bit nauseous. And planes I would always throw up on take off and again when landing even if I had taken medicine but now I'm fine though still take medicine just in case.

nat965
28-01-2017, 09:27 PM
I only tend to get travel sickness if i'm reading a book in a car. No matter how new or what its like.

despect
31-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I have these travel sickness tablets so I take that if I'm going on really long journeys.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!