PDA

View Full Version : A Level Results - 13th August 2015

Joe
10-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Hey, just a quick question on how many people waiting for there A level results on Thursday and what you need to get into uni (if you're going) or a higher apprenticeship? You don't have to be in your final year either, even if you're waiting for your AS results it's still scary.

I'm currently hoping to get 280 UCAS points to study Computer Science, so literally pooing myself. :( Good luck to everyone btw!

Martin
10-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Good luck Joe! (and anyone else waiting go hear results!) :D

I did the Access course this year rather than A-Levels so I already know my results and was accepted to start Cardiff Uni next month! I guess I'm lucky I don't have the nervous wait like most people do! :P

Kyle
10-08-2015, 09:14 PM
good luck to everyone hope you all get what u want x

Cerys
10-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Awh congratulations Martin :3

I only need like 120 UCAS from AS, so 4 Ds and I'm onto my foundation degree woohoo :) Not exactly worried haha xD

lemons
10-08-2015, 09:26 PM
yes exciting times! luckily my offer for keele uni is unconditional

Joe
10-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Good luck Joe! (and anyone else waiting go hear results!) :D

I did the Access course this year rather than A-Levels so I already know my results and was accepted to start Cardiff Uni next month! I guess I'm lucky I don't have the nervous wait like most people do! :P

thanks!!! oh thats amazing, well done, enjoy yourself!

Awh congratulations Martin :3

I only need like 120 UCAS from AS, so 4 Ds and I'm onto my foundation degree woohoo :) Not exactly worried haha xD

That's still really good, what are you studying?

yes exciting times! luckily my offer for keele uni is unconditional

Nice one, what are you studying? Well done on your unconditional btw!!

lemons
10-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Nice one, what are you studying? Well done on your unconditional btw!!

geography with foundation yr!

Cerys
10-08-2015, 09:33 PM
That's still really good, what are you studying?

Aviation Management and Operations, it's airside at Leeds Bradford, dead excited! :)

goodluck everyone :3

dbgtz
10-08-2015, 11:26 PM
What uni are you applying for? I find some universities are a bit more "generous" when it comes to UCAS points even before clearing. Someone on my course got in on 200 UCAS points it's ridiculous.

Phil
11-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Best of luck to everyone receiving results! I hope you all get what you wish for!

MKR&*42
11-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Best of luck to all of you :)

Cerys
13-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Well...that ended badly...how did it go for everyone else?

Kyle
13-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Well...that ended badly...how did it go for everyone else?
:( What were you expecting and what did you get?

I am excited today lots of people getting their results GOOD LUCK PEEPS

Cerys
13-08-2015, 09:23 AM
:( What were you expecting and what did you get?

I am excited today lots of people getting their results GOOD LUCK PEEPS

Geography: A - essentially full marks and I was expecting that
Sociology: C
Law: D
Biology: D

In sociology and law im shocked cos I was doing really decent all year, getting As and Bs in all my mocks. Biology I thought I was gonna get a U xD

Though my mum didn't even congratulate me, she just started shouting at me saying im a dissapointment. She compared me to my brother ;l

Kyle
13-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Geography: A - essentially full marks and I was expecting that
Sociology: C
Law: D
Biology: D

In sociology and law im shocked cos I was doing really decent all year, getting As and Bs in all my mocks. Biology I thought I was gonna get a U xD

Though my mum didn't even congratulate me, she just started shouting at me saying im a dissapointment. She compared me to my brother ;l
Well there's always retakes :)
Strange that you got a C in Sociology considering the grade boundaries this year. Hopefully you know where you messed up so you can improve for next time

and screw your mum, she's old an irrelevant.

Cerys
13-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Well there's always retakes :)
Strange that you got a C in Sociology considering the grade boundaries this year. Hopefully you know where you messed up so you can improve for next time

and screw your mum, she's old an irrelevant.

Nah, im not off back to sixth form so there's no point for me haha:)
I know right! I was getting As in all my mocks for it, it was a huge shock and let down, probably the one I'm most annoyed about :(

Haha indeed she is

welshcake
13-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Good luck to people who haven't got results yet.
If you need to phone Aberystwyth university clearing, quote habbox if I answer to get into university without any a-levels!

Just kidding i would be fired rip

Joe
13-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Hope all that got their results was happy with it. As for me, I got ABC and got into Uni :D

lawrawrrr
13-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Well done to everyone who got their results today but if you didn't get what you need then don't panic! There are so many options available to you right now so just calm down and have a think. Everything will work out well - almost everyone I know who got into their second choice/clearing uni were very, very happy there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reality
13-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Actually quite pleased not as bad as it thought.

Alkaz
13-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Actually quite pleased not as bad as it thought.
Spill the beans, what did you get?.. also nice sig ;)

Reality
13-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Psychology - B
Classics - A
Business - A*
IT - D*
Spill the beans, what did you get?.. also nice sig ;)

Zak
13-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Congratulations to all those who received their A level results today.

& if you're upset with your result. Not to worry, once you get your degree it basically gets discredited anyway :P

Thomas-TJ
13-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Psychology - B
Classics - A
Business - A*
IT - D*

How do you get a D*?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, just a quick question on how many people waiting for there A level results on Thursday and what you need to get into uni (if you're going) or a higher apprenticeship? You don't have to be in your final year either, even if you're waiting for your AS results it's still scary.

I'm currently hoping to get 280 UCAS points to study Computer Science, so literally pooing myself. :( Good luck to everyone btw!

Which Uni do you want to go to for Comp Sci?

Joe
13-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Nottingham Trent - I'm in now anyway!

Cerys
13-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Nottingham Trent - I'm in now anyway!

Congratulations! :D

Samantha
13-08-2015, 04:57 PM
How do you get a D*?

- - - Updated - - -

D* is Distinction star, so like an A* :).

AgnesIO
14-08-2015, 09:23 AM
I remember this stage a few years back. Get ready for Uni; you get this nervous day twice a year :P

Matt
14-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Hope all those who got their results did well! If not, then it's not the end of the world!!

My Facebook is overloaded with statuses from heaps of my friends going to Universities all over the place. That would be me too if I lived in the UK haha.

MotorStefan95
14-08-2015, 11:09 AM
I got my A Level results last year, got 3 Cs and started a foundation degree in science in computing, probably could have got into uni if I wanted. I've found the foundation degree interesting and it suits me, except for all the maths based stuff, which I'm useless at and having to do repeats for this week and next week.

welshcake
14-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Psychology - B
Classics - A
Business - A*
IT - D*
That's really good well done!

geo
14-08-2015, 04:26 PM
AAA & now off to King's College London

not entirely sure how I've managed this lmao

lawrawrrr
14-08-2015, 04:32 PM
AAA & now off to King's College London

not entirely sure how I've managed this lmao
woah nice one!

Congrats everyone who's got the results they want and reminder again that less-than-perfect results are NOT the end of the world :)

The Don
14-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Congrats Everyone! Got my grades a few weeks back (did a level equivalents) but my offer from Exeter has changed to unconditional :D

Circadia
15-08-2015, 06:40 PM
I got CCD and didn't get onto the Psychology course at Westminster but I've been accepted on a Cognitive Neuroscience course there instead today, so after a few days of confusion and the wtf am I going to do I've ended up getting into my first choice uni anyway :')

Joe
15-08-2015, 07:29 PM
I got CCD and didn't get onto the Psychology course at Westminster but I've been accepted on a Cognitive Neuroscience course there instead today, so after a few days of confusion and the wtf am I going to do I've ended up getting into my first choice uni anyway :')

Thats great news, well done!!!

Samantha
16-08-2015, 07:42 AM
Congratulations too all who received the results, I remember going in for mine 3 years ago. I wasn't too fussed or too nervous about how I did, my only problem was one teacher told me the grade I'd definitely get and I didn't even get that lmao.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

lemons
19-08-2015, 05:51 PM
i finally got my results today i got a B in geography and a D in french which i was fully expecting :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!