PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst thing to have happened in your exam hall?

sadcore
19-08-2015, 01:09 PM
doesn't have to have happened to you directly but are there any stories of things that happened within your exam hall whilst you've sat an exam?

personally a few things have happened whilst ive sat an exam like the fire alarm going off which was quite distracting and a few peoples phones went off but the invigilators were too laid back that they didn't do anything and we've even had racial comments from some of our invigilators!!! what about u!? :-)

Prosiary
19-08-2015, 01:12 PM
nothing bads really happened but someone had to go out to throw up but that is all

Kardan
19-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Final year of University, 3 questions to answer, 15 minutes left of a 2 hour exam, a piece of paper gets handed to me by an invigilator:

"Question 2 should read this..."

They gave us an impossible question and only 15 minutes to do it in.

Kimmy
19-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Fire alarm has gone off.

Funny story... The year before last, I was 5 minutes late for my exam. They let me in with the promise I'd be quiet but everyone had already started. Everyone puts their bags down at the front of the hall, so I went to go and put my bag down and FELL in front of everyone over all of the bags. You have to be quiet, but I could hear everyone laughing under their breaths it was terrible

I just got up and continued casually to my seat tbh

buttons
19-08-2015, 01:31 PM
just peeps crying and walking out cause they're too stressed

Hannah
19-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Someone felt sick and was made to go in, and then threw up all over the place. Full on projectile all over the chair of the girl in front. Who then began gagging. It was horrific.

dbgtz
19-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Thinking I was done then turning over the paper to find unanswered questions. Only did this once when it didn't really matter, but I never did it again.

Empired
19-08-2015, 04:16 PM
For my GCSEs I opened my answer book for one of my englishes (cant remember which one now) and it was full of random jottings down for maths and **** that I didn't understand. It had nothing to do with my own exam so it was useless to me. Put my hand up for another booklet and the invigilator kept insisting that I must have written that stuff because "all the answer books were checked before and they were empty" APPARENTLY. Eventually they believed me and I got an extra 20 minutes even though it had only taken 10 though so win harhar.

Also during one of my sociology exams just gone the fire alarm went off and all the invigilators except one (who was another invigilator's son home from uni and wanting to earn some extra cash) and he had no idea what to do and looked like he was gonna cry. Then all the other invigilators came in with mugs of coffee going SORRY SORRY PLEASE EVERYONE PUT THEIR PENS DOWN AND WE WILL WAIT FOR THE BELL TO STOP. It was funny.

Charz777
19-08-2015, 05:55 PM
I was sat in the end row so the desk against the wall during my maths GCSE. Massive spider crawled down the wall and onto my desk. I hate spiders and would usually leave the room and not return if I saw one but I was quite a shy teenager and didn't want to get any attention in a silent exam hall so I used the formula book to flick it onto the floor and spent the whole exam paranoid that it would crawl up my leg.

Joe
19-08-2015, 05:58 PM
During my A Level maths paper, last 5 minutes doing the routine re-check to make sure I'd made no silly mistakes. I then realised 2 of the pages had stuck together and the two page spread was worth 25 MARKS. Hence the reason I failed A Level Maths.

lawrawrrr
19-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Fire alarm ahhaha that was funny. Only mocks though but we didn't have to finish the exam woop woop!!

lemons
19-08-2015, 06:01 PM
nothing major

once during a gcse exam one person started whistling which started off a chain reaction of whistles which was quite funny until 1 person was caught and got shouted at SOOO bad outside the exam hall we heard every single word

Ekelektra
20-08-2015, 09:58 AM
After my year 12 German exam a group of people put in a request for special consideration because the window was open so they could hear the traffic and an ambulance went past at one point, and they couldn't hear the recording for the listening section well and were distracted. I think though that they were just making it a huge deal to try and get extra points because if the window was distracting, they should have asked if it could be closed or asked for the sound to get turned up. It actually passed though and all of us got special consideration in marking although I felt bad because I wasn't affected.

Also in my latest exam when the invigilator came to compare us to our ID cards, she didn't think it was actually me in my photo. I glanced up at her which is usually fine but she asked me to look up again, then asked me again, then got a piece of paper and wrote down my number and desk. Then she was talking to another invigilator and said something like 'I was unable to ID her in the grey jacket' so he came around and checked too took one look at my card and walked away so I guess he thought it was really me.
I have a feeling though that the first invigilator was really hoping to catch someone cheating, she told lots of people off for not having their bags directly underneath their desks and later caught someone wearing a watch. She seemed really smug when she told them off and when she said she couldn't ID me too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!